Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery level - no percentage or time left?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to buy Typhoon H, but I noticed that there is no indication of battery power left in percentage or in time. Is this correct? If there is no such indication how should I figure out how much time is left?

With other drones I have there is percentage and I can assess how much power was used to go away and how much I will need to return. For example if I have 30% left I can decide to use 10% to go away and then return using the rest.

Hi,

I am looking to buy Typhoon H, but I noticed that there is no indication of battery power left in percentage or in time. Is this correct? If there is no such indication how should I figure out how much time is left?

With other drones I have there is percentage and I can assess how much power was used to go away and how much I will need to return. For example if I have 30% left I can decide to use 10% to go away and then return using the rest.
The Typhoon H battery is not smart. However, you can see the estimated power in the battery on the ST16 screen in terms of voltage: 16.7v for full and 14.3v at first warning.

The power level drops quite rapidly at first but levels off to a more sedate drop from about 15.0v.

So it's all done using the voltage indicator and, for me, I use this to estimate how far away I can safely fly knowing the sort of rate that I can expect the power to drop. Also, under normal conditions on a day that isn't cold I know that I can expect 19 minutes of flying to first warning. To give a safety margin, then, I like to be landed by 15 or 16 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech