Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Life Typhoon H Question.

Reaction score
Another question for the group. I have not waited for low battery warning to land Typhoon H, what Battery Voltage reading on st16+ is optimal to land?

Thanks

JE

The battery reading for the ST 16 is a percentage total, not a voltage like the actual aircraft reading. Also, the Transmitter battery is a LiIon as opposed to LiPo used in the H. A LiIon cell can be drained much more than LiPo's but just how much I'm not 100% sure. I've seen people flying with their readings in the 50% range. Personally, I stay above 70%. I can can make three full flights and still be in the green. I also purchased a second transmitter battery so I can extend flight times by charging and swapping continuously if needed.

Jimmy,

Ty took care of the actual ST16 battery level side of your question. For the H480 portion of your question, you will find the majority here seem to hold the practice of being on the way home, or ready to get back home, any time your H battery level falls below 15.0v. You should be ready to land (meaning you are close to home) before you get your first battery warning.

Since the first level warning is at 14.3v (if memory serves,) landing anywhere between 14.5v and 14.7v is not a bad habit to get into.

Saves your batteries from unnecessary wear and tear (read: longer life) plus one will have a margin of error in case something happens that prevents you from landing on your first attempt. Having enough reserve in anticipation of the unexpected is good planning.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

P.S. Search on "voltage levels" or similar keywords should pull up previous discussions and opinions.

Reactions: Racepro60
The battery reading for the ST 16 is a percentage total, not a voltage like the actual aircraft reading. Also, the Transmitter battery is a LiIon as opposed to LiPo used in the H. A LiIon cell can be drained much more than LiPo's but just how much I'm not 100% sure. I've seen people flying with their readings in the 50% range. Personally, I stay above 70%. I can can make three full flights and still be in the green. I also purchased a second transmitter battery so I can extend flight times by charging and swapping continuously if needed.
I will need to order an extra battery for the transmitter, thank you for the help.

JE.

Jimmy,

Ty took care of the actual ST16 battery level side of your question. For the H480 portion of your question, you will find the majority here seem to hold the practice of being on the way home, or ready to get back home, any time your H battery level falls below 15.0v. You should be ready to land (meaning you are close to home) before you get your first battery warning.

Since the first level warning is at 14.3v (if memory serves,) landing anywhere between 14.5v and 14.7v is not a bad habit to get into.

Saves your batteries from unnecessary wear and tear (read: longer life) plus one will have a margin of error in case something happens that prevents you from landing on your first attempt. Having enough reserve in anticipation of the unexpected is good planning.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

P.S. Search on "voltage levels" or similar keywords should pull up previous discussions and opinions.
Thank you very much, this was the answer I was looking for. I will now know when I should land safely.

JE

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I think I mistook your question as; looking for the voltage reading of the actual ST16. Now I see what you were after, glad you got the answer you were looking for. Happy flying.

I think I mistook your question as; looking for the voltage reading of the actual ST16. Now I see what you were after, glad you got the answer you were looking for. Happy flying.
Thanks Ty, I am sure I will have more questions, the people in this forum have been really helpful.

Jimmy,

Hope this helps!

Jeff

I would agree with this. Particularly with the bit about holding something in reserve if you encounter a problem on a first landing attempt. I look to be on the ground by 14.5v which, incidentally results in the batteries bouncing back up to near the storage voltage (or near enough for me to be satisfied) once the aircraft motors have been killed. So, yes, 14.5v to a conservative 14.7v. Landing when the batteries are in that range won't do the batteries any harm at all. In fact it'll do them the world of good.

(on a few occasions I let it go down to 14.4v but this is the exception to the rule).

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro