Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery life

I have a question, what is your internal resistance of your yunnec battery?
2016-03-24%2015.28.06.jpg
2016-03-24%2016.13.25.jpg
On my Hyperion Charger after several cycles I am seeing 6 m ohm's resistance which I consider very good. (Yuneec battery)I run boats with Hyperion and Dinogy Lipo's and rarely see much lower IR

Anyone try this charger board? Trying to figure out what settings on my Tenergy TB6B to use to charge two batteries at the same time with this.

Amazon.com: Yosoo 4 Ports Rapid Battery Parallel Charging Charger Board for YUNEEC Q500 Quadcopter: Toys & Games

Listen up.. I have an experience for you.
I have a four battery charging board that I use for a slow charging over night and had done just that to four batteries hooked up to the board.
I always cross check my battery voltage with an independent voltage tester and the charger.
The charger showed all cells were full with 4.20 volts and 12.6 total volts showing but my other tester said it was only at 11.0 volts and cell one was almost dead.
I hooked up onto another balance charger and set to charge but it came back with an "Error" warning and wouldn't start.
I knew right away what was wrong.
The cells were to far out of balance and now none of my 4 chargers wants to charge this battery.
Have a I just lost a new battery ?? That's a bit of cash right there.
That got me to thinking....when your on a four port board, what one battery gets they all get.
Have i just lost $400.00 in batteries ?
Long story short... after much frustration (and fear I've lost a lot of money) I finally got the cells in balance enough to take a charge and was able to recover all 4 batteries.
It was a B6 charger and after many years of use it finally gave up on charging cell one and threw all four out of balance.
So...Just keep that in mind.
When on a four port board.. what one gets they all get.

Happy flying,
Jafo

Last edited:
hi
no one take offence but i would not trust a 4 port parallel battery charger with over $400 plus worth of batteries in one cycle , most of us have a large investment in our LIPO's , why use a cheap under powered charger , do your self and your batteries a favor , purchase a good battery charger if you have $800 plus in batteries do you think buying a $200 charger is out of the question and remember that charger will last way longer than the batteries will . a good charger will charge a multitude of different batteries . and have different modes , and have digital readouts as you charge your batteries .
fly safe

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
hi
no one take offence but i would not trust a 4 port parallel battery charger with over $400 plus worth of batteries in one cycle , most of us have a large investment in our LIPO's , why use a cheap under powered charger , do your self and your batteries a favor , purchase a good battery charger if you have $800 plus in batteries do you think buying a $200 charger is out of the question and remember that charger will last way longer than the batteries will . a good charger will charge a multitude of different batteries . and have different modes , and have digital readouts as you charge your batteries .
fly safe

I agree wholeheartedly, inequivocably and a host of other adjectives that would effectively say " Wot 'e sez" or "I'm wiv him!"

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval