Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Problems

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Q500, have yet to fly it. It only came with 1 battery and the charger. However when the battery is plugged into the charger the lights flash Red and Green then go solid Red and remain there. My question is ; is the battery bad or the charger bad. I just opened the box yesterday.

I recently purchased a Q500, have yet to fly it. It only came with 1 battery and the charger. However when the battery is plugged into the charger the lights flash Red and Green then go solid Red and remain there. My question is ; is the battery bad or the charger bad. I just opened the box yesterday.
I'm having the same problem only flown mine about 4 times hope someone has answers

I had the same problem with the battery I received with my Q500 4K. First charge solid red light. Upon subsequent tries it would flash red and green for a minute or so, then go solid red. It turns out that Cell 2 was 0.32 volts lower than the other cells. The red and green flashing is the charger trying to balance the cell. If it is too far out of balance, as mine was, the charger will just give up and show a solid red. I took a universal charger, 500 mA max, set it to 4.5 volts, added some 24 Ga leads and labeled them + and -. I then verified the polarity of the cell, (The batteries are in series, pin 1 is neg cell 1, pin two is pos cell 1, it is also neg cell 2. pin 3 is pos cell 2 and neg cell 3. Pin 4 is pos cell 4) and inserted the wires. DO NOT REVERSE POLARITY!!! It took around 3 hours to raise the voltage of cell 2 from 3.74 to 3.96 volts. I then connected the battery back to the stock charger. It started flashing red and green and stayed that way for approx 4 hours. After that, it showed a solid green, fully charged. The cells were balanced and I have a good battery. If you try this, you definitely have to watch the battery as you charge the single cell. I hooked 1 fluke meter in series to monitor current and used another fluke in parallel to monitor the voltage. Keep the current down to approx 0.25 A to 0.35 A max and check the battery for heat. At $145 Canadian per battery, I wasn't willing to just give up on it without trying.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430