Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Dragonflyerthom

I just recharged my two Typhoon H batteries has anyone had a problem getting the batteries to seat inin the charger? My first battery seated and charged up in approximately 45 minutes. However when I tried to recharge my second battery which I didn't think was all that discharged just the blinking green light was on. I had to push and wiggle and twist around the second battery before it would finally seat and recharge and that took almost an hour. Anyone else have this problem?

2. DroneClone

My friend, They do sometimes have a tough time sliding right in, sloppy cheap designed charging dock! Also, after charging one battery, it tends to get warm and swell and make the next battery harder to slide in. I do sometimes have to even unplug it and plug it back in to get the correct light configuration to start the charging
    Also I have found that anything above 95% charge on a battery, does not "top off" charge some of the times? :eek:

3. QuadBart

No issues with the OEM charger or plugging in. I run my batteries down to 14.3 volts, it take almost 90 minutes to fully charge them...

Rayray likes this.
  4. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

Had similar problem, a dab of dielectric grease on the main battery contacts solved it.
    But then I do not use the Yuneec charger anymore.

5. Dragonflyerthom

Thanks DC your input is always helpful. I don't know if I want to put preparation H on my charger. LOL

DroneClone likes this.
  6. DroneClone

May ease the swelling, who knows! :eek:

Mickeyboo and QuadBart like this.
  7. Dragonflyerthom

You are just too funny my friend.

DroneClone likes this.
  8. David Wilson

I must have one of the "sloppy" chargers. It is difficult almost every time to plug in my batteries, I have to get it just perfect the put a lot of pressure to get it to start charging. Some times it works, some times it doesnt. To charge a battery from about 14.5 takes almost two full hours for me. I can't wait until we get some aftermarket batteries and I can use a real charger.

9. PatR

Preparation H?:eek:

10. Satellite View

Hi All, I have also had the same problem but my battery was flashing Blue which is error however it all had to do with seating in the cradle.
    I totally agree with DroneClone.
    I was surprised with the cheap approach by Yuneec for charging but the rest is great so no complaining on my part.
    Cheers, JV

DroneClone likes this.
  11. Dragonflyerthom

Preparation H can be used instead of dielectric for contacts .

12. martins

just buy charger connector or disassembly yours org charger and desolder connector and use with diferent balance charger ,or just DIY one Yuneec Typhoon H Charging Jig by brentd Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Adaptor by treb63

13. Michael Brown

Making those connections on the charger are not easy. I'm concerned I can damage the terminals on the battery. I'm just very careful and allow them to merge slowly. Not crazy about the battery design.

14. Batfire

I have never had an issue with standard Yuneec charger but due to not being able to monitor the battery for IR etc... I went with the Quadcam connector from battery to X2 charger where I can monitor everything.

Cheers

Batfire