Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Revealed

Guys you probably already know about the tray and the performance of the graphene being superior to this factory setup. Please contact me if your on the forum and you need a tray. Best

Glider let me know how it works out for you buddy.
My concern is the COG with the 6.6 battery installed. I would normally not fly with so much bias to the rear motors without balancing. With Arducopter I test in hover in no wind to observe the motor pwm, but Yuneec does not provide that information from what I can tell. That's my only concern, but have not test flown with it yet; will be too busy the rest of the week.

What I did do is with the 6.6 installed, lowered the front arms down which drastically altered the COG making it better balanced.

The battery itself should give equal or better flight times and being a graphene will far outlast the OEM battery.

Reactions: Ralphy
My concern is the COG with the 6.6 battery installed. I would normally not fly with so much bias to the rear motors without balancing. With Arducopter I test in hover in no wind to observe the motor pwm, but Yuneec does not provide that information from what I can tell. That's my only concern, but have not test flown with it yet; will be too busy the rest of the week.

What I did do is with the 6.6 installed, lowered the front arms down which drastically altered the COG making it better balanced.

The battery itself should give equal or better flight times and being a graphene will far outlast the OEM battery.

Well definitely let us know if there are any issues
regarding balance and weight distribution. I've flown it alot and noticed better battery life if you fly backwards. The slight rearward imbalance helps in directional flight oriented towards the rear . Try it out during your tests. Thanks

I bit the dust and disassembled one of my 3 battery packs (have a 4th on order JIC). Below are pictures of the inside of the battery for those that were interested.

I did some research on the DLX-6118 board and found this website in China - 4串锂电池保护板 适用于高倍率锂电可充电电池 平衡二次充电保护 which describes the board as follows:

Name: DLX-6118-L4S5A balance charging rechargeable lithium battery protection board protection
Test voltage: 12V
Overcurrent current: 5A
Size: PCM Size ≦ 37.5 * 32.5 * 7mm
Applications: high-rate lithium rechargeable battery
Note: This section is used to balance the charge rechargeable protection (no discharge, over-current, short circuit protection)
Features:

◆ high-quality IC and a new sheet.
◆ with a load capacity, high voltage, low on-resistance power MOSFET, having a typical voltage detection side
◆ Formula overcharge protection, over-discharge protection.Hardware overcurrent,
◆ Short circuit protection, short circuit protection and reliable performance, long load circuit will not yield to the protection board batteries and students affected.
◆ charge-discharge process corresponding temperature protection.
◆ low power consumption, the whole current consumption less than 50uA.

Next step is to see if there is additional information to be gathered about the cells themselves, measure the IR of each cell. and post a picture of the connector labeling the various connectors.
Unable to open the link (
Error 404抱歉,您要访问的页面不存在
)

I bit the dust and disassembled one of my 3 battery packs (have a 4th on order JIC). Below are pictures of the inside of the battery for those that were interested.

I did some research on the DLX-6118 board and found this website in China - 4串锂电池保护板 适用于高倍率锂电可充电电池 平衡二次充电保护 which describes the board as follows:

Name: DLX-6118-L4S5A balance charging rechargeable lithium battery protection board protection
Test voltage: 12V
Overcurrent current: 5A
Size: PCM Size ≦ 37.5 * 32.5 * 7mm
Applications: high-rate lithium rechargeable battery
Note: This section is used to balance the charge rechargeable protection (no discharge, over-current, short circuit protection)
Features:

◆ high-quality IC and a new sheet.
◆ with a load capacity, high voltage, low on-resistance power MOSFET, having a typical voltage detection side
◆ Formula overcharge protection, over-discharge protection.Hardware overcurrent,
◆ Short circuit protection, short circuit protection and reliable performance, long load circuit will not yield to the protection board batteries and students affected.
◆ charge-discharge process corresponding temperature protection.
◆ low power consumption, the whole current consumption less than 50uA.

Next step is to see if there is additional information to be gathered about the cells themselves, measure the IR of each cell. and post a picture of the connector labeling the various connectors.

WELL DONE... THANKS...

I recently got a yuneec q500 but one of the batteries doesn't seem to charge when plugged in. instead of the red light blinking, it only flashes a constant red. what could be the problem

Who knows, maybe the Yuneec batteries are graphene.

Any idea what the board is for inside the battery?
Graphene labelled batteries DO NOT contain any added Graphene.
Graphene is a sheet of carbon atoms aligned in a 2 dimensional crystalline pattern, yes it could be used to thin battery layers and improve capacity but the sheet s only one atom thick, as a result you cannot see it and it can only be detected in a laboratory.
Manufacturers can 'get away' with using the graphene label because other carbon structures, graphite for example regularly form 'shards' of graphene within their own structures. graphite is used in Li-Po construction.
So your batteries are already 'graphene', for what its worth....
Research into Lithium Sulfur batteries which DO include graphene as a seperate construction component are under development as the next generation to replace traditional lithium batteries.

I'm not an electrical engineer, but my guess is that it prevents overcharging of the individual cells. This would be added protection if the charger isn't that smart or malfunctions. Maybe someone else would be able to shed some additional light on this.
It allows you to make the cell thinner, read above.

Research into Lithium Sulfur batteries which DO include graphene as a seperate construction component are under development as the next generation to replace traditional lithium batteries.

Graphene being a conductor, and not a separator like PE or PP, huh?

Graphene labelled batteries DO NOT contain any added Graphene.
Graphene is a sheet of carbon atoms aligned in a 2 dimensional crystalline pattern, yes it could be used to thin battery layers and improve capacity but the sheet s only one atom thick, as a result you cannot see it and it can only be detected in a laboratory.
Manufacturers can 'get away' with using the graphene label because other carbon structures, graphite for example regularly form 'shards' of graphene within their own structures. graphite is used in Li-Po construction.
So your batteries are already 'graphene', for what its worth....

I've bought more batteries than you can shake a stick at, mostly 5000+ mah up to 20,000 mah. I generally buy only what I consider high quality batteries.

I'm not a big fan of Turnigy batteries, but their Graphene labelled batteries, however you wish to describe them, are definitely NOT the same as a standard LiPo battery. I just trashed a 7000 mah GiFi and before that a Lumenier 12,000 mah because they just don't last. PUFF the magic dragon.....

I've had that 6.6 A Turnigy Graphene for well over a year and hundreds of charges. It still is indistinguishable between a brand new one measuring the IR, discharge rate and voltage sag. One huge difference between a standard labelled LiPo and this Graphene is once the cell hits 3.5v, you'd better get the copter on the ground because it will drop to 3.0v rapidly. It does however hold at 3.7-3.8v for long periods before dropping to 3.6. There is a guy on RCG that has over 1200 charges on a Turnigy Graphene.

So whatever the science is or isn't for these Turnigy Graphenes, so far there isn't even a hint of puffing after nearly 1.5 years. I will sacrifice a small decrease in flight time over durability any day.

An interesting video.

Nope. I bought it May 14, 2016. It was a MS 5200 I bought in November 2015; got them mixed up.

That graphene can be charged at 3c no problem. I did it the other day, then recharged immediately at low current. It only took 40 mah more. That's a good sign.

Reading about the test equipment it quickly became evident that nothing in the test generated even a general accuracy level. That was a lot of work and writing to make a wildly subjective statement.

Hey there,

I bought a q500 but one of the batteries came dead. The charger shows a constant red flash that indicates it's not charging. Do you have any advice that you could help me with? I bought it from China and I live in Kenya so the logistics of transporting the battery back for fixing or getting a replacement and shipping back are beyond me.

I'm not an electrical engineer, but my guess is that it prevents overcharging of the individual cells. This would be added protection if the charger isn't that smart or malfunctions. Maybe someone else would be able to shed some additional light on this.
Hello. I know I am reading an old thread here but I am wondering if you ever had any luck with information on the individual cells? We have a company here in Canada that can rebuild almost any battery packs and I use them all the time with my electronics business. They can source any cells I need for my projects. I am an electronics tech. and I may be able to source parts for the PCBs and batteries to the point were I can start rebuilding battery packs. Of course I would share anything I come up with all of you as well. Can you tell me if you have more info? Thanks Pat

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval