Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery warning?

Reaction score
My q500 4k is a week old, got about 7 flights and all is well, but I have a question.
For the first 6 flights, I ran battery down to 11.3 while flying. When I land, it's around 11.5, which I know is normal, no load. Pull battery and check, it measures 11.5.
Today, I took it up to check for battery warnings when it gets low to make sure everything works. So I ran it, was windy, 14mph gusts and watched the battery level. Got down to 10.8 flying, if I level it off, released controls, volts jump to 11.3- 11.5. Started flying around, got down to 10.7, turned yellow, no audible, no message. So I landed it, shut down motors and voltage read 11.3, checked with voltage checker and was 11.3.
My question is, is this normal, no vibration, no message when it got to 10.7? I guess what I'm getting at is battery under no power was 11.3 even though under power in windy conditions it got down to 10.7 with no warning other than yellow battery indicator. So, when does the warnings come up, when battery reaches a threshold under power or when battery reaches a certain voltage when not fying, just hovering?

If all is working well, you'll get the warning vibration at somewhere around 10.7V. Yes, it's normal for the voltage to vary as the draw on the battery changes with stick and auto stability inputs.
If you get so low as to get the vibrating warning, be very worried.
I've seen some report as much as two minutes or so from the warning before it died and others like myself that only got about 15 seconds before my Q fell from the sky from about 30 feet or so.
My advice, at 11 volts or so you need to be well on your way back home or close to you and ready to land.
Happy flying,
Jafo

If all is working well, you'll get the warning vibration at somewhere around 10.7V. Yes, it's normal for the voltage to vary as the draw on the battery changes with stick and auto stability inputs.
If you get so low as to get the vibrating warning, be very worried.
I've seen some report as much as two minutes or so from the warning before it died and others like myself that only got about 15 seconds before my Q fell from the sky from about 30 feet or so.
My advice, at 11 volts or so you need to be well on your way back home or close to you and ready to land.
Happy flying,
Jafo
2nd flight, warning flashed on screen at 10.6 volts, so it works. I don't plan on getting that close, but wanted to make sure everything functions correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix