Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery will not fit...

Reaction score
I just picked up two additional batteries for my Q500 that are the same as the OEM battery supplied with the drone (YUNQ500105) and one of the batteries will not lock into position inside the compartment. Anyone else had an issue like this?

The only time I have an issue is when I'm not paying attention and try to install the battery upside down. You'll know because it won't allow the door to close.
Confirm your pins all line up correctly.

Good luck,
Jafo

That was the first thing I made sure of before posting is if the battery was right side up. The other battery I purchased fits just like the included battery, but this one doesn't want to lock into place.

The battery saga continues....... Returned the battery that did not fit to Best Buy today and exchanged for another. Guess what..... exact same result. Battery does not seat on the pins. The drone will power up, so I know the battery is not upside down, but it will not slide all the way in so the door will close.

The battery saga continues....... Returned the battery that did not fit to Best Buy today and exchanged for another. Guess what..... exact same result. Battery does not seat on the pins. The drone will power up, so I know the battery is not upside down, but it will not slide all the way in so the door will close.

Drone powers up? I think you just have to use a little brute force to get it in place. Or check the door lock mechanism, sometimes I have to try few times to get it closed.

There is a bit more than 1/4" short a seating in place. If I were to force the door, I could easily break it. As for forcing the battery in, afraid I may damage the pins on the drone.

The battery compartment is not a solid 'box', the sides, top, and bottom are all open - it's more like a battery cage. I had an obstruction in the battery cage, which ended up being the rear led wiring that ended up in the cage somewhere. I just pushed it out of the way and tried to 'seat' it outside of the cage, then the battery slid all the way in.

Short version - take a flashlight and look for anything that would obstruct the slide...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt