Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Beach Anyone?

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by Rick K., Jul 11, 2016.

1. Rick K.

Anyone been flying their done at the beach? Im just little worried being the unit is not really a weather proof sealed and if you look around the camera/gimble those fine wires get exposed to the salt in the air, worried about corrosion over time. Thoughts?

2. DroneClone

Not an issue unless you crash into the ocean! If you fly at a beach everyday, after time it might be an issue, but the many times I have done it has caused no issue!;)

banned user and Rick K. like this.
  3. banned user

You can't seal any machine that needs an enclosed and light protected barometric sensor to work. As DC said not a problem unless it's every day. Higher humidity will also carry more salts and warmer temperatures will lead to higher corrosion rates. If its really bad where you are after some time you could look into an ultrasonic bath cleaning.

4. BlueFighter8

I don't blame you for being worried about corrosion. It could happen certainly. Another enemy of these high tech devices is the dust. Specially when flying over dirt roads and such. But I don't worry too much. I just don't want to let those factors keep me from enyoying my drone by flying it over the ocean, etc. just my opinion, fly safe.