Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best site to register with FAA

Reaction score
I have searched thru many of the previous posts and I see several different threads with links to different sites.

Is it best to just go to FAA.gov to register myself as a pilot to fly my TH or should I go to Drone Registration - FAA Drone Registration - Register Drone or some other third party site?

I guess we are registering the drone (unmanned aircraft) but in reality registering ourselves to fly i. Like a license to drive a car from what one person on another thread described it.

So does this mean that if my 18 year old son wants to fly my TH that I need to register him too? Sounds like it is not the aircraft we are registering but ourselves even though we do put a sticker in the batter bay or some other inconspicuous spot.

Thanks for any input one can prove.

Only only only go to FAA.gov

You have no idea if anyone else is actually registering you. Think of it like registering your car. Do you go to the BMV? Or go to registermycar.com?

Go to FAA.gov for registration and if you want cards have them made elsewhere.

EDIT: You are registering as a pilot. They have no idea what you own. If you are flying, put your number on it. If your son is flying, put his number on it.
I have my single number on about 6 different aircraft.

The ONLY site to use is sUAS Registration
ALL OTHERS ARE A SCAM! Don't use them!

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Thanks! That is what I was thinking about the other sites not being valid. Registered thru FAA.gov official site.

Printed my card and also saved the PDF to my Notes app on iPhone. Will print a label tomorrow to stick in the battery compartment.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking about the other sites not being valid. Registered thru FAA.gov official site.

Printed my card and also saved the PDF to my Notes app on iPhone. Will print a label tomorrow to stick in the battery compartment.
I printed my number with a label maker and put it on all my aircraft. I also have my phone number on the bottom in case it should hug a tree somewhere.

Take a picture of your of your registration card with your phone so you will always have it with you. According to the FAA you can present it electronically as well as in paper form.

You set yourself up there, lol.

I hate admitting it, but I spent 10 bucks on a group of labels.
I used a brother label printer. You design on the computer and it prints out weather proof black on clear stickers. I use it for everything, labeling switches, cords, you name it.

dmeu_pt700_1_std.lang.all.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20