Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Big Doubt!!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am new on Yuneec and I have a few questions. As a Comercial Pilot I love to fly and I usually visit a lot of places every week, I was thinking in buying one to make some videos about the places I visit.

I have a HUGE question about the Typhoon H.

#1 - Can I put my GoPro on it? There is a Gimbal for this? iF YES, WHERE and Model?
I know the other Yuneec has, but I am in Love with the Typhoon H and I am thinking about buying one next week.

#2 - I saw a lot of people complaining about the camera (GCO3+) and quality, is that bad?

#3 - Where I can put the MicroSD? on the ST16 or direct on the Drone? Max Card Capacity?

As I said I want to make really nice videos from landscapes or when I travel with my girlfriend.

Regards,

Gabriel

Hi welcome to yuneec forum.

First i dont belive there is anyway to attach the gopro. I wish they would make a gimbal to do so.

There are complaints about the cgo3+ but there are those who love it. Mostly use manual settings to take video and pics. If you are having issues let yuneec know and they have been good about taking care of issues.

The st16 has an sd card slot mainly for extra storage and updating firmware. The camera has your recording sd card slot. Im not sure of max size...maybe 128 gb

Bill W.

Reactions: Gabriel Liberman
Hey Gabriel,

Here are some quick answers. Other forum members will also help out with more responses and opinions.

#1 - There is no "OFFICIAL" GoPro mount for the Typhoon H. If someone made one, they would have to devise a system to send the video signal out. Currently the video signal antenna is built into the existing camera housing.

#2 - The camera quality was not so great in the past due to the firmware. The white balance and exposure was not correct. With the recent September firmware updates there have been improvements. If you manually set the white balance and exposure you'll obtain images and video slightly better than a Phantom 4. Also, the Typhoon is one of the few drones on the market that not only has a 360 gimbal, but the gimbal also allows the camera to remain horizontal in strong winds. And speaking of strong winds, the Typhoon H can be flown in very strong winds with no issues.

#3 - Micro SD goes into the bottom of the CGO3+ camera. Max card I believe is 128? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fly safe

1. the H is not designed for a GoPro gimbal. You could mount one but would not have control of the features of the CGO3+.
2. Some cameras have been shipped with the Lens focused too close. Yuneec will replace the camera if you get a bad one. Some have refocused their own cameras. The camera is excellent when focused correctly and does not have the fisheye effect of the GoPro.
3. The sd card is installed in the camera. Read somewhere that max recommended capacity is 32Gb, but I have used 64.
edit: looks like several of us have responded at once.

Reactions: Gabriel Liberman
1. the H is not designed for a GoPro gimbal. You could mount one but would not have control of the features of the CGO3+.
2. Some cameras have been shipped with the Lens focused too close. Yuneec will replace the camera if you get a bad one. Some have refocused their own cameras. The camera is excellent when focused correctly and does not have the fisheye effect of the GoPro.
3. The sd card is installed in the camera. Max recommended capacity is 32Gb, but I have used 64.

Thank you Very much RiverRunner!

3. The sd card is installed in the camera. Read somewhere that max recommended capacity is 32Gb, but I have used 64.

Thank You!!

Thanks!

Thank you!
Hey Gabriel,

Here are some quick answers. Other forum members will also help out with more responses and opinions.

#1 - There is no "OFFICIAL" GoPro mount for the Typhoon H. If someone made one, they would have to devise a system to send the video signal out. Currently the video signal antenna is built into the existing camera housing.

#2 - The camera quality was not so great in the past due to the firmware. The white balance and exposure was not correct. With the recent September firmware updates there have been improvements. If you manually set the white balance and exposure you'll obtain images and video slightly better than a Phantom 4. Also, the Typhoon is one of the few drones on the market that not only has a 360 gimbal, but the gimbal also allows the camera to remain horizontal in strong winds. And speaking of strong winds, the Typhoon H can be flown in very strong winds with no issues.

#3 - Micro SD goes into the bottom of the CGO3+ camera. Max card I believe is 128? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fly safe

Always Safe!

Thank you CAPTAINDRONE

Hi welcome to yuneec forum.

First i dont belive there is anyway to attach the gopro. I wish they would make a gimbal to do so.

There are complaints about the cgo3+ but there are those who love it. Mostly use manual settings to take video and pics. If you are having issues let yuneec know and they have been good about taking care of issues.

The st16 has an sd card slot mainly for extra storage and updating firmware. The camera has your recording sd card slot. Im not sure of max size...maybe 128 gb

Bill W.

Thanks Bill W.!

Gabriel,

One thing I didn't hear was if you were thinking of the H or H Pro? After a lot of deliberation I went with the H Pro. For me it was a little newer, possibly some updated hardware and a few design changes like the down facing external antenna tubes near the landing gear. The newer ST16 has 3 visible external antennas while the original has three also, only 2 were external to the transmitter. There is also the bonus of the factory installed RealSense. While you may not actively use RealSense the included indoor positioning system (IPS) helps hold the H Pro in position when near the ground. For me, it was almost a wash. I would have eventually bought RealSense but this way it came with it, the backpack (slightly more compact), 2 batteries, and the Wizard. A sun shield for the transmitter is also included but you will have to spring for the neck strap. Not sure why this wasn't included.

I actually hovered indoors and the IPS worked, holding the drone rock steady. I was over a floor rug with a pattern which is important. IPS doesn't work well if it can't distinguish fairly high contrast ground patterns so solid color carpeting is a no go. Not sure I'll do this again though. The H is really to large for indoors unless you have a lot of space.

Greg

Hello Everyone, I am new on Yuneec and I have a few questions. As a Comercial Pilot I love to fly and I usually visit a lot of places every week, I was thinking in buying one to make some videos about the places I visit.

I have a HUGE question about the Typhoon H.

#1 - Can I put my GoPro on it? There is a Gimbal for this? iF YES, WHERE and Model?
I know the other Yuneec has, but I am in Love with the Typhoon H and I am thinking about buying one next week.

#2 - I saw a lot of people complaining about the camera (GCO3+) and quality, is that bad?

#3 - Where I can put the MicroSD? on the ST16 or direct on the Drone? Max Card Capacity?

As I said I want to make really nice videos from landscapes or when I travel with my girlfriend.

Regards,

Gabriel
I see all your questions have been answered but I will put in my $0.02 also.
1 - Gopro gimbal. I have read and seen a few things on the GB203 gimbal fiting and functioning as a gimbal ok but you will not have a video downlink to the ST-16. You can add the MK58 or any other video transmitter and view the video on a separate monitor. Again no camera controls or video on the ST-16. No I have been looking at this as a way to mount something like a MapIR camera for doing farm survey flights. Laura from Texas is selling a H with this setup and an IR camera but is using it with custom programming and an ST-24. It is pricey but when you look at the parts she has in it and the custom work I think her price is fair.

2 - My CG03+ works great. I think the images out of it are clear and look good. I may in the future change out the lens but right now I'm happy with it. Is the camera that bad? you are not taking video for the Discovery channel. Look on YouTube for samples and you will see some amazing videos out there. People on forums come to complain because they have a problem. Figure there are 100 active users here, some complain and some don't. 100 is a small number when you think of how many Typhoon H's have been sold.

3 - I have been doing digital Photography for longer than I like to think about and I would never these days use a max sized card. Think about it, you are out on a multi day or week trip and you take pics and videos all week and on the last day your card fails or the drone crashes or fly's away and now you have lost everything. I use 32GB cards and have many of them. I even use 16GB cards at times. I just swap them out as needed. Yes to answer your question I have had cards fail and yes they were good name brand cards from more than 1 manufacture. So I never would take a long trip and use 1 card for all my pics. **** I change it out once I have something nice on it I do not want to loose. Cards are cheap, get a good wallet style holder for them and you are good to go.

I think my H is great. Is it my only drone? No I have many that I have built including a S500 with a GoPro Gimbal, a 700 sized Hex that will have a gimbal on it for larger cameras, and about 10 FPV racer sized drones. I have an Autel X-Star and I just ordered a DJI Mavic. Yes they are all used for different things. I have been in RC's for 35 years and Multirotors for 6 years I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz