Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Boosted Yuneec H

Oh..... I HAVE seen them. Just wondering why Skydoctor chose to upgrade with an amp instead of just moving the internal antennas to the outside of the craft. Amps generate noise, which can create further problems with RF --- I would first move the antennas externally before I add an amp...And I would still have concerns with GPS interference and heat with the internally mounted amp...As well as decreased battery life. While this is a 2w rated amp...There probably isn't enough drive from the H to reach the full 2 watts. This amp is not just boosting the RX like another user has posted here...

I Have boosted both the H and the st16/ The booster in the st16 is inside also doesnt effect flight timeST16xr.jpg st16xr2.jpg

So how far did it actually increase your distance? I noticed you cut the video before you crossed that busy hi-way but did you make it that far or further?

without boosters in the city my range was 1,600fts distant with the booster im now getting 3,500 ft distant. now this is in city where its heavy wifi populated i plan on going out to the country side where there is no RF wifi pollution. before Yuneec firmware i was getting 8,000 ft distant with just DBS antennas but after the update i am getting 3,000 ft distant. i will be doing serveral test runs since im waiting on FPVLR pinwheel antenna for the H this will help range.

Again i wont know the true range until final setup is complete but will keep doing a **** load of test flights.

Oh..... I HAVE seen them. Just wondering why Skydoctor chose to upgrade with an amp instead of just moving the internal antennas to the outside of the craft. Amps generate noise, which can create further problems with RF --- I would first move the antennas externally before I add an amp...And I would still have concerns with GPS interference and heat with the internally mounted amp...As well as decreased battery life. While this is a 2w rated amp...There probably isn't enough drive from the H to reach the full 2 watts. This amp is not just boosting the RX like another user has posted here...

also ya my antennas are outside
b1.jpg

I Have boosted both the H and the st16/ The booster in the st16 is inside also doesnt effect flight timeView attachment 2369 View attachment 2370

And I see you moved both antennas to outside on the ST16... Can you confirm that there are 2- 2.4GHz antennas and 2- 5.8GHZ antennas? Some say to just move out the second 2.4GHz antenna and leave the 5.8 internal. Is the green button your "ON" and you only added a 2.4GHz booster to the ST16?

I just updated my firmware and did not see any decrease in my range like others are reporting... My interest is for best communications in a high RF area and get rock solid video/telemetry.

And what antenna configuration are you using on the ST16? The DBS won't fit with 4 connections.

Last edited:
So, alsey...just what was your final range point from your test video above? Did you actually push it to a point at which video began breaking up? I definitely would be interested in a parts list and a few good close up shots of how you tapped into everything. Most appreciative that you have shared your efforts thus far! :) Innovation from guys like you are what push the boundaries for next steps in our hobby! :)

So, alsey...just what was your final range point from your test video above? Did you actually push it to a point at which video began breaking up? I definitely would be interested in a parts list and a few good close up shots of how you tapped into everything. Most appreciative that you have shared your efforts thus far! :) Innovation from guys like you are what push the boundaries for next steps in our hobby! :)

sorry i have no yet done test range i have no pushed it yet due to heat wave in Socal i will be doing test in the nxt few days also will be posting internal pictures today

What part of socal are you located? Very hot in Northridge so I've been flying at the beach.
sorry i have no yet done test range i have no pushed it yet due to heat wave in Socal i will be doing test in the nxt few days also will be posting internal pictures today

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430