Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze battery flashing blue (not charging)

Reaction score
One of my batteries isn't charging,whenever I put it on the doc it just flashes blue rapidly.

Anyone has this problem ?

Straight out of the box I had one that would charge and one that did the same thing. Yuneec is sending me a new battery no questions asked.

Ok, how about a battery that charges, but beeps constantly for up to three hours...While charging?

One of my batteries isn't charging,whenever I put it on the doc it just flashes blue rapidly.

Yes... Exact same issue. Yuneec sent me a new one.

Someone else posted in the Battery Tango Uniform Thread that "Accessories" are only covered by a 30 day warranty period.

yea Yuneec screwed em and recommend I buy a new battery........ way to stand behind your faulty products I done with this company it only takes on bad experience to lose a customer for life. DJI ALL DAY

Reactions: Dnivek
I also had this for two times. I just pushed the battery a bit more into the charger and it started charging

Reactions: spongella
Yes, I have the same issue a few days ago. Have not been flying for quite a while, and the battery charge dropped too low to be salvage.

Hi I'm facing the same problem and have tried the above-mentioned suggestions for several hours today but still couldn't get the batteries to charge. This is very demoralising. Should I return the product to Amazon and get a refund? Is it even possible? I couldn't afford a DJI Mavic Pro but was very impressed by Yuneec Breeze's ads despite hearing about the problems. It's really user-friendly for a first-timer like yours truly.

Hi I'm facing the same problem and have tried the above-mentioned suggestions for several hours today but still couldn't get the batteries to charge. This is very demoralising. Should I return the product to Amazon and get a refund? Is it even possible? I couldn't afford a DJI Mavic Pro but was very impressed by Yuneec Breeze's ads despite hearing about the problems. It's really user-friendly for a first-timer like yours truly.
I bought 2 extra batteries. One was ok, the other balanced for hours and never came to an end. So I asked the selling shop for a replacement as one battery was DOA. I got a new one with no questions asked. So I think you should try to get either a new battery or a refund. I understand that batteries are consumables and covered by a warranty with a shorter timespan. But when something is defective right from the start the should offer a reasonable remedy.

Reactions: Gland
I bought 2 extra batteries. One was ok, the other balanced for hours and never came to an end. So I asked the selling shop for a replacement as one battery was DOA. I got a new one with no questions asked. So I think you should try to get either a new battery or a refund. I understand that batteries are consumables and covered by a warranty with a shorter timespan. But when something is defective right from the start the should offer a reasonable remedy.

Do I get the new batteries from Amazon or Yuneec?

This is good information to know if and when others have the same problem. Last time I had a flashing blue light is when I failed to press the battery down far enough into the charger.

I've only flown my breeze a few times, this is only the second time I've tried to charge the batteries and both of them are blinking blue. I got the breeze from amazon, do I contact amazon or do I contact breeze?

I've only flown my breeze a few times, this is only the second time I've tried to charge the batteries and both of them are blinking blue. I got the breeze from amazon, do I contact amazon or do I contact breeze?

Try both!

It's a pile of poo. Firmware update killed mine and new update no better, jessops won't refund as 2 months old. Sorry I bought the heap of rubbish

I also have my Breeze from Amazon (Amazon Deals, so second hand).
The one battery that I have also tends to get into the blue from time to time. When I fly my Breeze I usually finish with a 4% of battery left. If then I do something else, like downloading photos or videos or I switch on the Breeze by accident, usually the battery cells go too low and then I get the blue blinking light from the charger. What I do is I connect and connect the battery and the charger several times (around 8-10 times, always with blinking blue light) and then I let it rest for an hour. I suppose the cells cool down and then, when I try it again, I can charge the battery again and get the corresponding red light.
Anyway, I ordered a new battery and I will see if that's normal or a problem.

I also have my Breeze from Amazon (Amazon Deals, so second hand).
The one battery that I have also tends to get into the blue from time to time. When I fly my Breeze I usually finish with a 4% of battery left. If then I do something else, like downloading photos or videos or I switch on the Breeze by accident, usually the battery cells go too low and then I get the blue blinking light from the charger. What I do is I connect and connect the battery and the charger several times (around 8-10 times, always with blinking blue light) and then I let it rest for an hour. I suppose the cells cool down and then, when I try it again, I can charge the battery again and get the corresponding red light.
Anyway, I ordered a new battery and I will see if that's normal or a problem.
I have sent the battery back to Yuneec with a bill of sale and they have told me they will replace it. Happy Days I hope

When I fly my Breeze I usually finish with a 4% of battery left. ....

I would advise strongly against depleting LiPos as low as 4%. The Breeze's battery has three cells. So if they are slightly out of tune capacitywise it is very likely that one cell operates at a dangerously low voltage while the remaining two hold up the voltage and therefore the overall discharge status appears as 4%. (did I make myself understood? English is not my first language).
So I make it for me as a rule never to fly below 20%. At the cost of maybe loosing two minutes airtime I have the assurance of a safe return home of my aircraft plus prolonged batterylife.

Reactions: joangomez
I would advise strongly against depleting LiPos as low as 4%. The Breeze's battery has three cells. So if they are slightly out of tune capacitywise it is very likely that one cell operates at a dangerously low voltage while the remaining two hold up the voltage and therefore the overall discharge status appears as 4%. (did I make myself understood? English is not my first language).
So I make it for me as a rule never to fly below 20%. At the cost of maybe loosing two minutes airtime I have the assurance of a safe return home of my aircraft plus prolonged batterylife.
The battery is at 4% when I switch the off button. I start to come down when I get the first warning (around 15%) and I land when I receive the second warning (around 5% I think).
But from now on I won't discharge the battery so much. Thank you for the advice! :)

Reactions: airborne

I'm having the same problem. Yuneec has 20-45 min wait times on their phone support. I opted for the option of them calling me back on my number twice, which they never did. I finally got an email after 5 days telling me that if I plan on not flying for even one day, that I should discharge them to 50%. I had them both fully charged for a week and now I'm getting flashing blue on both. They also recommended that I bring them to a hobby shop and see if they can trickle charge them for me. I'm charging them right now on (my regular lipo charger) in the hopes that their proprietary charger will recognize their proprietary battery.

They have a 30 day warranty and if you go past it, they will tell you to pound salt, assuming you can even get a hold of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal