Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Breeze Drone WiFi lost after Firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Breeze Help' started by Tim Vincent, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Tim Vincent

Hi,

I have just received delivery of my beautiful new Breeze Drone. However after performing the firmware upgrade I can no longer see it's WiFi in order to bind. I could see it and bind just fine before the upgrade. I've tried turning it off and on, removing the battery and looking for the drone Wifi on multiple devices but it is no longer there. Grateful of any direction in fixing this?

Thanks

Tim

2. dstephens

Try this.. Are you running Android? If so, I have found the issue to be with Android.. When the breeze doesn't show up to bind I have to reset my phone and it shows up.. I actually have this same issue with Yi 4K action camera and my GoPro. When you say you have tried turning it off/on do you mean the drone or your phone? Like I said, I have found the issue to be with the phone and not the drone.. I did the same thing when I first got my breeze and reset it about 20 times.. I finally found that when I see this issue (Which is actually often) a simple reset of the phone is all that is needed

3. dstephens

Actually the more I test, resetting the phone doesn't always work either and I am having the same issue on Iphone.. I actually haven't upgraded my firmware yey

4. Tim Vincent

Thanks for the reply, I'm using an iPhone. I've not tried resetting the phone yet, but the drone Wifi is not showing up in my iPad Wifi connections either

5. Tim Vincent

ok an update on this. Reset everything, reboot iPhone and took out and replaced drone battery. Now I can see the Drone WiFi hooray. Seems a bit fragile. Thanks dstephens!

6. Sparcky

Make sure you delete the "network" from the "wifi" list, reboot phone, search the wifi and enter the password. All okay. (Probably some caching issue.)

7. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

Tim,
    If the issue happens again, and removing the Breeze battery and re-inserting it resolves the problem, please post it here. It may help other members.
    Dropping an email to Yuneec would also help if the problem persist.

8. Niw

Niw

Hi there,

I just bought Breeze yesterday. I opened the package today, I could not find the drone on my WIFI, I reset it several times, and after that I finally got connected. I made the update. I went out to flight it. Again! No WIFI signal. After several resets, I found it. During my first flight I lost WIFI signal and the screen went blue. Imediately I pressed return to home. It came down, but i could not land it. After that I could not enter the WIFI. Too bad for the first time....