Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze fly away!!

It's definitely either the tonneau cover/metal issue or I suspected the navigation as I lost a breeze the same way after launching from my Ram 1500. I previously launched twice with the truck off with no issue in 720 stabilized. I launched the last flight wanting to test 4K and received a compass error that went away. The breeze went up 2-3 ft and then banked hard right and circled us at an insane speed with motors screaming until it hit the curb and shattered the camera lens and broke one of the legs. Luckily none of us were injured and it didn't crash into my truck. I was able to exchange from the retailer but am now hesitant to use. I'm waiting patiently for the fpv controller goggles set that I ordered in Dec. I wanted to give the controller a try before giving up.
Wow! well seeing as how I had never taken mine out of 4K that sounds like the same issue. Thanks for your input!

It's definitely either the tonneau cover/metal issue or I suspected the navigation as I lost a breeze the same way after launching from my Ram 1500. I previously launched twice with the truck off with no issue in 720 stabilized. I launched the last flight wanting to test 4K and received a compass error that went away. The breeze went up 2-3 ft and then banked hard right and circled us at an insane speed with motors screaming until it hit the curb and shattered the camera lens and broke one of the legs. Luckily none of us were injured and it didn't crash into my truck. I was able to exchange from the retailer but am now hesitant to use. I'm waiting patiently for the fpv controller goggles set that I ordered in Dec. I wanted to give the controller a try before giving up.
Tip:
Never launch anywhere near metal, concrete with rebar, underground power cables or transmission towers. Find a level surface to without any of those things nearby. When you turn the bird on, don't touch it until it is fully booted.
This is good a good general practice for launching any multirotor. Metal or electrical interference will mess up the compass and may result in erratic flight. The takeoff point should be level so the gyro\accelerometers are level when they boot up.

Reactions: Asserti and FLYXLSA
Adding my voice to those who suspect taking off from metal messes up the compass reading. I tried to take off from a manhole cover in our local golf course (since the rest of the green was snow covered). Breeze banked hard to its left (my right). Fortunately crashed into some high grass, so no damage. I've been careful to avoid taking off near metal ever since. No issues.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Adding my voice to those who suspect taking off from metal messes up the compass reading. I tried to take off from a manhole cover in our local golf course (since the rest of the green was snow covered). Breeze banked hard to its left (my right). Fortunately crashed into some high grass, so no damage. I've been careful to avoid taking off near metal ever since. No issues.

Geeze. You'd think the manufacturer would note that in the user's manual...

I didn't have any luck with my retailer (dell online) or with yuneec, they did get back to me but said it was 'user error' because I didn't 'restart' the drone after the first compass error. I asked where I could find that advice in the documentation but they havent' answered.
the funny thing is that on the second try, I did restart it, kind of had to after the first crash stalled the motors and it did the same thing.
anyway, I am kind of gunshy on flying it again too, after reading all the Fly Away posts here. I have a 3DR Solo that I bought in 2015 and have had a couple of crazy flight incidents but no fly aways.

Use iTunes (Down the Apps: File Sharing: Breeze Cam), or iExplorer...

Thank you. I see clearly that before my calibration I had the values of return home 15 m, max height 60.1 m, max distance 80.2 and max speed 4.03 m/s. Then after my re-calibration I had: return home 3m, max height 3m, max distance 10 m, max speed 1m/s.

So, I was correct I remember those numbers and they were the minimum. The GPS location even that it was off I see my correct location.

The problem was that suddenly it roses up at maximum speed and reached the maximum height, I lost the logs in that moment and then wifi connection. It was so difficult to see that it just disappeared in the sky.

So, for me that was a software problem not hardware cause it could fly anyway.

Wish I read those before. Mine flew away at take off, I had no chance of controlling it. Took off above 100ft (instead of hovering and wait for my commands) and started to drift above my house, and continued at fast speed in the woods above the tree line and then lost contact with phone due to the range. Telemetry shows that the first GPS pings were bad. locations were somewhere in Canada in Hudson bay. When it flew away the breeze was heading North East to the direction of the initial GPS location in Canada flying at max speed 10 mph, with 40% battery left from the last ping in the telemetry, that thing will be lost in the woods about 0.5 mile from my location or more with no chance of recovery. Waiting on Yuneec to come back to me with a replacement (hopefully if they stand behind their products). I believe the breeze freaked out after noticing right after takeoff that it was outside of the GPS fence, bypassed manual control and headed to Canada to be in the "fence". I believe that this is a use case that Yuneec has not considered and did not handle that case in there Software. DJI displays a map on their dashboard, Yuneec is not providing such details. no way a user can verify the GPS pings from the software and no way to manually override (at least before realizing that this thing was going away).

Well its happened, the breeze flew away!!
GPS on , beautiful day and went to try take pics of the roof of my house being renovated,
started up and immediately the unit flew to about 10m then straight back down to ground, bounced and up again, at this stage i pushed auto-land...nothing.
climbing out and high velocity , tried shutting down...nothing
by that time im sure it was out of range!!
settings were to climb to 1m on takeoff and mesh was no more than 30m
this thing went out of sight at a speed that I have never seen, straight up!!!
Tired of this ****!!!
wont even bother with Yuneec and will call it another yuneec lesson.
Don't know if Im the 1st but im sure not the last!!!
beware, check your settings and believe me, this thing is quicker than you think when it climbs out with the demons in it!!!
Eric,
Sorry for the loss of your Breeze. We're you able to find its final resting place?
Does the Breeze Apk store any kind of telemetry info?

My breeze today went completely crazy, just flew away, luckily I was able to recover him however I tried him on wifi only and something is wrong... I does not remain stable and starts to rise... can someone help???? Thank in advance

Thanks, it does, the telemetry explains exactly what I described. I searched and searched in vain, I think it went further than I expected with 40% battery left at Max speed 10 mph, that's 0.6 mile away in a forest, and also not knowing how it drifted.

Thanks, it does, the telemetry explains exactly what I described. I searched and searched in vain, I think it went further than I expected with 40% battery left at Max speed 10 mph, that's 0.6 mile away in a forest, and also not knowing how it drifted.
I did not know about telemetry until Yuneec customer service told me about it.

Hey Breeze users!
I had a fly away with my breeze. I'd like to ask you: Did anyone occur something like this? Why did it happen? What should I do next time to avoid this?

The issue:
I've sent my Breeze to a 60m journey (the camera was about at mid position), but the wifi disconnected at 41m. While the breeze came back I was able to reconnect succesfully and it almost got back to the journey start position. I changed to FPV-controller mode.
After a few second it started to flew sideways (without the touch of any joystick!). In this flyaway I could stop it just before a rooftop with pushing the joy to the other direction after a few second (and a fast run), but it still continued the flight after I left the joy and I could not stop it again.
I was lucky, because it crashed to a tree at a hill and the Breeze is OK, but it is very scary and dangerous especially from an "Easy Social Safe" drone.
The iPhone was connected all the time, at the crash-moment the app has flashed up the "MOTOR STALL" warning. But in the flightlog there isn't anything about it "errorFlags" is 0 everywhere. The video record is stopped where the wifi connection lost at the journey.

KP index was 2.
It was calibrated a half an hour before about 1km(max 2km) far from the issue position.
Battery was about 50%-60%
Platform:iPhone SE 10.3.3
FC:10102,ESC:10003,Camera:20015,APP:1000801

Hey Breeze users!
I had a fly away with my breeze. I'd like to ask you: Did anyone occur something like this? Why did it happen? What should I do next time to avoid this?

The issue:
I've sent my Breeze to a 60m journey (the camera was about at mid position), but the wifi disconnected at 41m. While the breeze came back I was able to reconnect succesfully and it almost got back to the journey start position. I changed to FPV-controller mode.
After a few second it started to flew sideways (without the touch of any joystick!). In this flyaway I could stop it just before a rooftop with pushing the joy to the other direction after a few second (and a fast run), but it still continued the flight after I left the joy and I could not stop it again.
I was lucky, because it crashed to a tree at a hill and the Breeze is OK, but it is very scary and dangerous especially from an "Easy Social Safe" drone.
The iPhone was connected all the time, at the crash-moment the app has flashed up the "MOTOR STALL" warning. But in the flightlog there isn't anything about it "errorFlags" is 0 everywhere. The video record is stopped where the wifi connection lost at the journey.

KP index was 2.
It was calibrated a half an hour before about 1km(max 2km) far from the issue position.
Battery was about 50%-60%
Platform:iPhone SE 10.3.3
FC:10102,ESC:10003,Camera:20015,APP:1000801

Did you land before going into FPV mode or change in mid air?

Did you land before going into FPV mode or change in mid air?
When it happened first time I didn't land before change to FPV-controller mode (I wanted to land, that's why I changed to this from Journey).
BUT today I had flew away twice or three times again (I was so lucky again, I could catch it before the wall).
All the time it happened just right after the first touch of the joystick after take off. For the last time I prepared and started a video recording ( https://youtu.be/ldytUsDqIds ).
After take off I pushed the joy forward just for a sec, but after I left it and I didn't touch any of the joysticks but it goes forward until I cought it.
Maybe is it the fault of the RC or the app? But today just before the issues came again it was OK with the RC too.

GPS on , beautiful day and went to try take pics of the roof of my house being renovated,
started up and immediately the unit flew to about 10m then straight back down to ground, bounced and up again, at this stage i pushed auto-land...nothing.
Tired of this ****!!!
beware, check your settings and believe me, this thing is quicker than you think when it climbs out with the demons in it!!!
I have the same issue with my breeze 4k last day. The breeze go up far away and don't back. I wait about 1 voir in the same place nothing. I loss my drone

Tired of this ****!!!
I have the same issue last day. The breeze 4k go up far away and don't come back. I loss it.

I would like to see the FlightLog from this fly-away. Just to check if there any error flags or other special things and where it was as it sentlast telemetry. Maybe we can find it.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11