Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze follow me mode not working

Reaction score
Had Breeze for two weeks and every mode works flawless until follow me mode. Breeze hovers and turns around 'looking' for target in tracking mode and follow mode. Using a LG G3 phone. Flys great and everything functions as advertised except follow me mode........any thoughts?

Also not working properly for me. The drone tracks me well and turns to keep me in view, but is not moving to follow me. Still want to do some testing though. In my last flight, the drone was pitching and I think moving a little bit, but never really followed. Just pitching up and down again and again when I went out of sight.

An update: Started a flight with breeze by going to the camera settings and picking 720 setting, then picked the medium setting, and finished by formatting the internal breeze memory, so as to start with clean,full memory. Follow me mode worked much better and video lag was normal to none noticed. Still seems to like one subject and no other surroundings to get confused by. A wide open grass field works great. Still hoping yuneec does some firmware upgrades to improve this feature. Weather here in Washington state is not good for flying at the moment so did not try higher camera settings or the follow me with the phone gps. Hope to see an improvement

Last edited:
The drone seems to work well when the object is brighter than the surrounding and has a good contrast.

I had a succesfull follow me in my car now, but also several tries where the drone lost me despite good contrast. It can work but is just not reliable right now.

I'm always using 1080p mode to have the image stabilization. 4k looks good as still but not with a moving drone...

had a small issue with follow me using S5 android with gps turned on. The breeze followed me even as I went too fast, it caught up when I stopped and turned around. It started following but when I stopped to land and recover drone it kept going ? Did not have any trouble switching to pilot mode and bringing back to land. Just wonder why it carried on going ? see video here >

Hi,

any updates on the known issue? I wonder if this has anything to do with phone model I'm using (Samsung Note 4)? Anybody else experienced this issue with android phones?

You guys do know that there is a switch to toggle between a hovering follow me mode and an active moving follow me mode?

You guys do know that there is a switch to toggle between a hovering follow me mode and an active moving follow me mode?
hi
Where is the switch totoggle between hovering follow me and active follow me mode as you put it?
the only switch i can see is the Small "two arrows" icon, and the "eye" icon.
this still does not work for me.

hi
Where is the switch totoggle between hovering follow me and active follow me mode as you put it?
the only switch i can see is the Small "two arrows" icon, and the "eye" icon.
this still does not work for me.

yes i know i select myself for example and draw the green box around me and it will only turn and follow me if I move away it just stays there. I'm not the only one with this problem

I don't see a green box with which to highlight myself in follow me mode. Anybody have a tutorial for this? Mine will move with me, but won't turn to keep me in the frame.

I don't see a green box with which to highlight myself in follow me mode. Anybody have a tutorial for this? Mine will move with me, but won't turn to keep me in the frame.
Galaxy S7 active with Nougat. Latest firmware.

Had Breeze for two weeks and every mode works flawless until follow me mode. Breeze hovers and turns around 'looking' for target in tracking mode and follow mode. Using a LG G3 phone. Flys great and everything functions as advertised except follow me mode........any thoughts?

I solved this problem by clearing apps caches and data in setup>applications>breeze cam>storage menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430