Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze goes crazy

Reaction score
Just got my Breeze yesterday, decided to test it out inside because weather outside was crap. Followed all the instructions on how to fly in doors, checked the firmware it was up to date and turned GPS off. Everything went accordingly, it hovered at three feet, the wind from the blades caused it to move side to side which was expected. I raised it to about five feet and it became more staple in the air as it hovered. I toggled the camera, I took a picture and viewed it while it hovered. Then it beeped, flew straight up to the ceiling, popped two guards off and vigorously circled the ceiling while bouncing. I tried throttle down but it wasn't communicating, then it beeped again and just dropped nine feet to the floor. The phone display IPS failure which I assume shut off the drone. I examined the drone no cracks, three blades are ruined, the GPS cover popped off. I pulled the battery out for awhile and put it back together and powered it up. GPS was showing 15, the drone lights was showing green on the wing and full blue at the back but the IPS was orange on the phone and the camera is working fine. I checked the flight log and it show 3 minutes and 30 seconds, changed the blades but I'm scared to test it again. When I tested inside there is lots of room, good lighting, pine floors and only a couch for an obstacle.

Reactions: mcoltas
Just got my Breeze yesterday, decided to test it out inside because weather outside was crap. Followed all the instructions on how to fly in doors, checked the firmware it was up to date and turned GPS off. Everything went accordingly, it hovered at three feet, the wind from the blades caused it to move side to side which was expected. I raised it to about five feet and it became more staple in the air as it hovered. I toggled the camera, I took a picture and viewed it while it hovered. Then it beeped, flew straight up to the ceiling, popped two guards off and vigorously circled the ceiling while bouncing. I tried throttle down but it wasn't communicating, then it beeped again and just dropped nine feet to the floor. The phone display IPS failure which I assume shut off the drone. I examined the drone no cracks, three blades are ruined, the GPS cover popped off. I pulled the battery out for awhile and put it back together and powered it up. GPS was showing 5, the drone lights was showing green on the wing and full blue at the back but the IPS was orange on the phone and the camera is working fine. I checked the flight log and it show 3 minutes and 30 seconds, changed the blades but I'm scared to test it again. When I tested inside there is lots of room, good lighting, pine floors and only a couch for an obstacle.
Sorry to hear about cras
Just got my Breeze yesterday, decided to test it out inside because weather outside was crap. Followed all the instructions on how to fly in doors, checked the firmware it was up to date and turned GPS off. Everything went accordingly, it hovered at three feet, the wind from the blades caused it to move side to side which was expected. I raised it to about five feet and it became more staple in the air as it hovered. I toggled the camera, I took a picture and viewed it while it hovered. Then it beeped, flew straight up to the ceiling, popped two guards off and vigorously circled the ceiling while bouncing. I tried throttle down but it wasn't communicating, then it beeped again and just dropped nine feet to the floor. The phone display IPS failure which I assume shut off the drone. I examined the drone no cracks, three blades are ruined, the GPS cover popped off. I pulled the battery out for awhile and put it back together and powered it up. GPS was showing 15, the drone lights was showing green on the wing and full blue at the back but the IPS was orange on the phone and the camera is working fine. I checked the flight log and it show 3 minutes and 30 seconds, changed the blades but I'm scared to test it again. When I tested inside there is lots of room, good lighting, pine floors and only a couch for an obstacle.
My Breeze will show IPS orange on my carpet and then turns blue when it takes off. If you walked under Breeze while flying indoors it will sense you and climb, if not, who knows what happened

I replaced the damage blades and took it outside yesterday. I kept it at a safe flying height, just to test if everything is in good working order. I ran the first battery that was originally used and just hovered at five feet to see if it would reproduce warnings. The second battery... I played with it, moved foward/back and side to side no issues. I'm thinking because indoors, with Wi-Fi on all the devices and three cell phones.. I'm wondering if by chance there was some communication disruption. It still doesn't explain while hovering it beeped and had a radical behavior of its own.. I'm just happy it fly's and not happy looking for replacement blades because no one carries them and I have to order them.

Mine has done the beeping and crazy flying and I had to turn off, reconnect and start over including compass recalibrate and then it seems to be fine

I replaced the damage blades and took it outside yesterday. I kept it at a safe flying height, just to test if everything is in good working order. I ran the first battery that was originally used and just hovered at five feet to see if it would reproduce warnings. The second battery... I played with it, moved foward/back and side to side no issues. I'm thinking because indoors, with Wi-Fi on all the devices and three cell phones.. I'm wondering if by chance there was some communication disruption. It still doesn't explain while hovering it beeped and had a radical behavior of its own.. I'm just happy it fly's and not happy looking for replacement blades because no one carries them and I have to order them.

I too crashed on my first indoor flight and broke the infra red lens cover and bottom cover hold tabs. Had to order a replacement bottom . What happened to me is it drifted over a riser on my floor and then adjusted height... I had not done the compass because..well I wanted to try it indoors....dumb, dumb, dumb.

So the infra red does not work until it goes up to the default take off height. If you pick it up, you will see the flow sensor turn blue from Orange once it has some distance from the ground. I'm not trying it again indoors anytime soon until I understand how it responds to changes in elevation that are drastic with the infra red system.

That being said, I'm getting the handle on pilot and the swiping stuff but I am purchasing the goggles and controller today to check them out. I got a nice sunset last night as my H was not charged up from my vacation. Like the H, it's got a curve to learn and gain trust in the features. I do think it's pretty awesome for quick portable flying and I'm enjoying it the more I fly it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

major causes of indoor crashes....
1. Flying over counters, couches, chairs will throw off the ground distance sensor.
2. Flying with GPS "on" indoors
3. Lots of wifi signals in the area, condos especially
4. Poor piloting

Alright... took it to work the other day, large indoor space (warehouse) empty and the only obstacles are four pillars. I haven't been able to try any other features with the app because I'm always in no GPS mode and the images it took looked great because of the no wind environment. Again I set all the settings of the app to their lowest, re calibrated the drone at five feet and gave it a whirl. I figured nothing could possibly go wrong, I tested it's limitations stop height at 9.8 feet.. it didn't stop, distance 30 feet... it stopped and became uncontrollable just hovered. So I walked towards it to gain control again, no response.. question is 30 feet my wifi limit or was it doing what it's suppose to do without GPS landed and shut off. I did however charged both batteries, noticed the actual flight time wasn't what I expected and it seemed I only got about eight minutes per battery. I am defiantly ordering the controller, I find using the cell phone my fingers are too big, I noticed the drone simulate two motions when controlling it and the response time was almost precise to the action of my movement on the phone. I guess you can say I'm very cautious with this drone, I've seen a few videos of Breeze's acting on it's own or maybe issues of inexperience pilots smashing into objects, who can't blame themselves and I will be honest when I say my first crash was not human error it was just hovering. I guess i have a few more months to properly learn how to control this drone in a safe environment until winter is over and the fun really begins.

Reactions: CraigCam
Did you calibrate the compass? Do you have latest firmware? They just came out with an update a few days ago. Long over due! I calibrate compass before every flight. I have the FPV game controller and it works great but I like using the phone still. Good luck!

Yes I just bought it on boxing day, so I'm guessing I have the latest app version 1.1.6 and I followed all the instructions. I've only had three flights so far, first one was the crash inside my house and I'm guessing it might have been overload of wifi disruptions or lighting. Second flight was outside which was stable with GPS on but I only kept it at a safe distance, the third test was in my warehouse and I tested it's limitations with the app and it seemed fine without GPS my only skeptic was the range between phone and drone or was it suppose to act the way it did when it went out of range as per setting and just land and turn off. How far have you taken it with wifi or controller?

Alright... took it to work the other day, large indoor space (warehouse) empty and the only obstacles are four pillars. I haven't been able to try any other features with the app because I'm always in no GPS mode and the images it took looked great because of the no wind environment. Again I set all the settings of the app to their lowest, re calibrated the drone at five feet and gave it a whirl. I figured nothing could possibly go wrong, I tested it's limitations stop height at 9.8 feet.. it didn't stop, distance 30 feet... it stopped and became uncontrollable just hovered. So I walked towards it to gain control again, no response.. question is 30 feet my wifi limit or was it doing what it's suppose to do without GPS landed and shut off. I did however charged both batteries, noticed the actual flight time wasn't what I expected and it seemed I only got about eight minutes per battery. I am defiantly ordering the controller, I find using the cell phone my fingers are too big, I noticed the drone simulate two motions when controlling it and the response time was almost precise to the action of my movement on the phone. I guess you can say I'm very cautious with this drone, I've seen a few videos of Breeze's acting on it's own or maybe issues of inexperience pilots smashing into objects, who can't blame themselves and I will be honest when I say my first crash was not human error it was just hovering. I guess i have a few more months to properly learn how to control this drone in a safe environment until winter is over and the fun really begins.

Indoor light can be insufficient for the infra red sensors to gauge height. I cannot use the Breeze in my studio indoors as I have a dark floor and it cannot map a thing. I have to place a piece of paper under it to get the flow sensor working to take off. Once in the air, it was not good and did do things on its own. This time I was prepared and managed to not crash like the first time I tried this same scenario. My house there is no problem during the day because I get natural light from windows.
I purchased the controller. It's good and gets you back to being the pilot not a swiping fiddling fool.
The headset is useless for flying as the latency is too nutty for me. I may try it again in a more open space but my FPV needs to be real time. The larger phones are great for the controller and I'm very happy with touch controls for camera being separate from sticks. The tilt has a trim on the dpad that makes it actually work smoothly. It is now a very reliable quick pop up and grab a shot tool. 8 mins is about right for the battery. Battery times are always over stated by everyone in this biz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's awesome good to know.. thanks. My first crash was in my family room, it's about 20x10 feet, with pine floors and sufficient lighting. It is also the hub of my Wi-Fi/modem/router a cluster of array of signal network. I'm going to check BestBuy to see if they are able to get replacement parts. I assume they are an authorized dealer in my area, ordering thru them might bypass the C.O.D payments since I'm in Canada.. hopefully. With money conversion I'm guess the controller will be 80 dollars and the spare batteries 65 and the blades 15.

It is worth getting a controller. Have only flown with controller out to 50ft outside. And everything worked great. With phone indoors I have not flown more than 6 feet in any direction and not had a problem. Have not had chance to play with fpv Google's yet

Hello, have you tried FPV goggles yet?
Do u have any issues with Wi-Fi connection?
Have they fixed this yet?
Is with fi better when using controller?

Hello, have you tried FPV goggles yet?
Do u have any issues with Wi-Fi connection?
Have they fixed this yet?
Is with fi better when using controller?

I have the goggles but I did not like the lag. I got latest iPhone and have no wifi issues. My android tablet is happy but it also has latest wifi choices. The controller uses blue tooth to control through phone network so it's a non factor in wifi connection speed or strength. I've experienced some inability to connect but it was always solved with restart of pad or phone. If I fly to full 250' ceiling with controller, I may experience video freeze or stutter depending on VLOS. My two Breeze behave as expected and have become quite reliable as pre flight route planning tools. I fly them regularly up and out to their max fenced range no problem from my back porch or workplace parking lot.

I have the goggles but I did not like the lag. I got latest iPhone and have no wifi issues. My android tablet is happy but it also has latest wifi choices. The controller uses blue tooth to control through phone network so it's a non factor in wifi connection speed or strength. I've experienced some inability to connect but it was always solved with restart of pad or phone. If I fly to full 250' ceiling with controller, I may experience video freeze or stutter depending on VLOS. My two Breeze behave as expected and have become quite reliable as pre flight route planning tools. I fly them regularly up and out to their max fenced range no problem from my back porch or workplace parking lot.

Thanks for that...may I ask what u mean by lag re FPV goggles and also why is there so much on the internet about the new firmware (i presume for controller and FPV) causing wireless crashes and they sound really bad --like loss of control -
How long does it take for bugs to be removed from software and when should I feel confident about buying a breeze?
Thanks P

Those are some questions that can only be answered by Yuneec. I outline my experience with the Breeze in the following thread:

Breeze #2, Problem #2 and an Amazon 2 Star Review.

Despite this less than stellar review, I have faith that Yuneec will be addressing these issues in the near future and chose to return my 2nd Breeze for service to Yuneec, rather than to Amazon. I presume it was a "luck of the draw" issue for me?

The Video lag or latency refers to a small delay between the breeze camera and the device used for displaying the image mounted in the FPV Goggles. I was using newer iOS devices and did not notice a delay when I tested them, however, I was outside and not really close to any obstacles.

There are issues with ALL UAS manufacturers. GoPro's Karma UAS was recalled for example. This is a new and evolving market with many products being introduced and many companies trying to compete for market share which generally leads to higher rates of problems for ALL UAS manufacturers. Yuneec's service is very good and much better than DJI.

Your other options for a portable UAS basically boil down to a DJI Mavic Pro ($$$) or a ZeroTech Dobby (no extra battery/pre-flight adjustable camera angle ($$). The Breeze Package can be purchased at an excellent price point right now considering it comes with a nice Case and Extra Battery (essential for any UAS). Adding the controller and FPV goggles makes the Breeze a great package at a great price!

Bottom line - I would buy another one. The Camera is REALLY that good!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech