Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hi

Is there any way we can fly breeze futher away than what's stated on the box? At times I just need that extra few feet/meters but I end up losing wifi. Can I buy something for my iPhone to extend the range of my wifi connection?

Thanks all
P

If your reaching the GEO fence limit then the answer is no. Most people don't even come close to the GEO fence limit.

I saw someone online had extended the wifi range of his Parrot Beebop by using a wifi USB stick extender with an external battery. Not sure if the would work with the Breeze or not.

Yes but the firmware only allows you to go so far. You can add the extender but if the firmware does not allow you outside of the GEO fence then whats the point?

True.. I'm not even getting to the geo fence... so perhaps it would get him that little extra he's looking for. Be better for someone to hack the firmware geo fence :)

Will the extender at least boost the strength of the signal?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I just tried a 5Ghz Wifi repeater with my Yuneec Breeze and it worked! :)
I connected the router to the Breeze via WDS and my iPhone with the 5Ghz (or even the 2.4 Ghz) Wifi of the router. I could fly the Breeze in this setup and had no video interruptions in a range of >80m.
Next I'll connect a battery pack to the router and do more detailed tests.

(The router is a netis WF2710, for me the cheapest 5Ghz router I could get.)

View media item 404

Think I found this Parrot Beebob video but the repeater is single band and we need for the breeze dual band but on Amazon also a slim dual band repeater that looks promising and have the same principle.
A powerbank with usb (5V) outlets is always handy and choose a type that has also an outlet for 9V/12V even more versatile.
-.-

amazon link >>> Amazon.com: ROFISA Wifi+S 300Mbps USB Wireless Extender, High Speed Mini Dual Band Extender Amplifier Signal Booster Works With any WI-FI router or Wireless access point: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
Unlike the bebop which runs on 2.4Ghz we need a 5Ghz wifi for the Breeze.
I tested my range extender with a battery pack now for a few times. It works and I can reach the geofence (100m far, 80m high) without loosing control or even video connection! :)

The router is a netis WF2710 which runs on 9V (for me: 7 x 1,2V NiMH). It is configured as "AP+WDS" and. The connection from the router to the breeze is defined in the WDS settings. So I connect my smartphone to the AccessPoint of the router and can fly the breeze.

IMG_0865.JPGBild1.jpg IMG_0867.JPG

That's a good job man, the Netis WF2710 is sold by Amazon.de and some stores in the Netherlands and yes it's the only one that can be external powered and is available. Most of them have 220V power plugs. To others it may look not impressive, but a radius of 100 meters with a ceiling of 80 meters (till geo fences) with a strong WiFi signal is awesome :) I'm interested in low-level flying and then you need a strong signal like this kind of stuff : unreachable for me, but maybe the little breeze can

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Has anyone tried this to see whether it works with the breeze?

I'm very interested in this question also. Unfortunately I'm in Brasil, so I can't get a extender like this in less than 40 days. No way to return it if not worked also.
I've found another extender that may work with Breeze:

Amazon.com: Edimax 5GHz/11AC Wi-Fi Range Extender - White, EW-7288APC: Computers & Accessories
There's no options for shipping to Brasil again.

Any information about any 5V 5GHz Wifi extender would be great. I'm far away from the geo fence limits right now.

Thanks

Unlike the bebop which runs on 2.4Ghz we need a 5Ghz wifi for the Breeze.
I tested my range extender with a battery pack now for a few times. It works and I can reach the geofence (100m far, 80m high) without loosing control or even video connection! :)

The router is a netis WF2710 which runs on 9V (for me: 7 x 1,2V NiMH). It is configured as "AP+WDS" and. The connection from the router to the breeze is defined in the WDS settings. So I connect my smartphone to the AccessPoint of the router and can fly the breeze.

View attachment 4926View attachment 4927 View attachment 4928

Very nice solution! Any idea about the battery lifetime for this router? I have a router that can operate as an extender also. It is 12V but my concern was about the battery lifetime.

Thanks

This model isn't ok, but EDIMAX has a better one dual band router/extender/repeater that is powered by USB, so a little powerbank does the job
EDIMAX - Wireless Routers - AC600 Dual-Band - AC600 Multi-Function Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router,Access Point, Range Extender, Wi-Fi Bridge & WISP
Thank you for the link, I've ordered this one and expected delivery is the beginning of next week, I will give you an update on how it performs once I have tested it :)
I have also found a cheap usb powered dual band extender on Ebay that might work:)
WiFi + S 300Mbps USB Wireless Router Dual Band WIFI Signal Range Extender | eBay

Reactions: Loh Kok Howe
I need a little help. I've purchased the WF2710, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect the Breeze to the router. Can someone please post a step by step procedure?

Brad

Reactions: Loh Kok Howe
This model isn't ok, but EDIMAX has a better one dual band router/extender/repeater that is powered by USB, so a little powerbank does the job
EDIMAX - Wireless Routers - AC600 Dual-Band - AC600 Multi-Function Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router,Access Point, Range Extender, Wi-Fi Bridge & WISP
I recieved this nice Router/Extender from Edimax a few days ago and have tested it with the Breeze both in Extender and WISP mode, it will see dual band WiFi network, but unfortunately not the Breeze WiFi :(
Perhaps there are some regional issues with it, I know that some products act differently depending on which part of the world they are sold in, but sadly it does not work as a Breeze WiFi-Extender here in Denmark.
It is a great Router/Extender and does a good job for what it is meant for, and it does work with a Powerbank, so the money isn't completely wasted :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval