Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze unstable in open areas

Reaction score
I hoping someone has seen this problem before and knows the answer.

I had my Breeze repaired under warranty in January, got it back at the beginning of February, and have finally had a chance to fly it the past two weekends. But something's not right.

When I fly indoors (gymnasium, hotel room), GPS mode off, the Breeze is perfectly stable.

When I fly outdoors, GPS mode on (yes I did the calibration routine) in a crowded area (my front yard, driveway) the Breeze is stable.

When I fly outdoors at a model airplane flying field, the Breeze becomes unstable in altitude. Essentially, when its just hovering, it holds position fine. When I try to move the Breeze (forward, back, sideways, rotation) it will rapidly climb or drop altitude, sometimes changing 10-15 feet or more. Its almost acting like its obeying the proximity sensors, but in an open area, the proximity sensors don't see anything, and the GPS is unstable. If I take it out of GPS mode in the open areas, I get the same behavior. Unfortunately, support is closed until Monday, so I was hoping someone else may have some ideas.

I'm flying the Breeze with an IPhone 5s, all software up to date, phone in airplane mode makes no difference. Same behavior.

Brad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430