Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze wifi problems

Reaction score
I got a breeze for christmas and immediately flew it and it worked perfectly fine for about 4 battery lives. Then the other day i flew it and went back about an hour later and tried to fly it and there was a firmware update. After the update it would no longer connect to the wifi. Ive tried my phone, my wife's phone and my iPad and none of them work. And I was hoping that the next firmware update would fix it but i can't update it. Is there any way to update it through a computer connection or is the only way to update it through the app? If thats not the fix then what is? If its not going to work its just going to sit and collect dust which is aggravating because it is fun to fly. But, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Martzel
I got a breeze for christmas and immediately flew it and it worked perfectly fine for about 4 battery lives. Then the other day i flew it and went back about an hour later and tried to fly it and there was a firmware update. After the update it would no longer connect to the wifi. Ive tried my phone, my wife's phone and my iPad and none of them work. And I was hoping that the next firmware update would fix it but i can't update it. Is there any way to update it through a computer connection or is the only way to update it through the app? If thats not the fix then what is? If its not going to work its just going to sit and collect dust which is aggravating because it is fun to fly. But, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issues. Have you figured out how to fix this?

I am having the same issues. Have you figured out how to fix this?

No, not yet. It keeps saying I have a firmware update but I obviously can't update it. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to get the firmware updated and that could fix it.

My phone told me there was an update when I was still connected to my home internet and it downloaded something on to my phone, but when I connected with the Breeze network, it won't find an update.

Can you tell me what version the Breeze should have after the latest update so I can compare that with the what it says I have?

Actually, I've heard people having this same problem after the update so maybe I shouldn't update it?!

I'm not even sure what update it should be. I've not been able to update mine. If it's working and connecting to the wifi correctly I wouldn't update it until this is fixed.

Screen Print from my iPhone today showing various Software Versions.

I'm having similar Wi-Fi issues. I've been flying very conservatively since this "upgrade" but the Breeze consistently loses my Wi-Fi signal at around 15-20 meters. Video freezes, controls don't function (FPV Controller or App Based) so I intentionally have to go into my Wi-Fi to manually disconnect so the Breeze will land itself. Very frustrating! Hoping for a fix SOON!

I know 5 GHz is the Wi-Fi band spec'd for speed, not distance. It would seem 2.4 GHz would be better for a more robust signal - IMHO?

Two of my Android Devices only support 2.4 GHz. My wife's Samsung Tab A does both. All of our iOS devices are fairly new and do both bands as well.

FLYXLSA, I'm having the same issue with mine. I updated my firmware before first flight, and have the same updates you do. This is the most recent.

I'm also dropping connection from 30ft away on every flight. Hopefully it's resolved soon. I can say that if Wi-Fi isn't restored, it will eventually land itself regardless. Intentionally disconnecting shouldn't be needed. It seems to take 30sec to return home, then another 30sec before it descends.

It seemed to take FOREVER to come back the first time it happened. Second time I did the manual disconnect "just to be safe" and it seemed to speed the process? IDK? Maybe it just seemed faster because I was actually doing something. I sent that Breeze back as deffective since it was still within the allotted return period. I'm on to Breeze # 2, Problem #2 now. See thread under same name. Hope Yuneec gets their act together and fixes our issues soon. I love this little UAS when it is working!

It seemed to take FOREVER to come back the first time it happened. Second time I did the manual disconnect "just to be safe" and it seemed to speed the process? IDK? Maybe it just seemed faster because I was actually doing something. I sent that Breeze back as deffective since it was still within the allotted return period. I'm on to Breeze # 2, Problem #2 now. See thread under same name. Hope Yuneec gets their act together and fixes our issues soon. I love this little UAS when it is working!

I actually did see that thread. Is this the one you tethered?

Correct... WiFi connection is not the issue with this one. Not sure what's up with it. It flies perfectly indoors with GPS turned off. Last two days have been crappy for flying outside or I would have done some more testing to try to zero in on the problem.

Screen Print from my iPhone today showing various Software Versions.

I'm having similar Wi-Fi issues. I've been flying very conservatively since this "upgrade" but the Breeze consistently loses my Wi-Fi signal at around 15-20 meters. Video freezes, controls don't function (FPV Controller or App Based) so I intentionally have to go into my Wi-Fi to manually disconnect so the Breeze will land itself. Very frustrating! Hoping for a fix SOON!

I know 5 GHz is the Wi-Fi band spec'd for speed, not distance. It would seem 2.4 GHz would be better for a more robust signal - IMHO?

Two of my Android Devices only support 2.4 GHz. My wife's Samsung Tab A does both. All of our iOS devices are fairly new and do both bands as well.

Same here I get it up there and after a few minutes I lose the wifi signal, thank god it always comes back.

I though Microsoft had a Patent on the "Blue Screen of Death." Maybe Yuneec pays royalties?
BSOD.jpg

Reactions: Kybipix
I finally found the time to call Yuneec customer support. They are very nice and helpful. They put me through a series of tests to make sure that it wouldn't bind. They asked me to turn on airplane mode and try it like that, still nothing. And also asked my to attempt it through my MacBook Air and still nothing there. They also told me to restart my phone or whatever device I was using and the turn on airplane mode and once again nothing. It wouldn't show that it was picking up the wifi signal. After those brief tests they finally asked me if i would like to send it to them and see if they could fix it, so obviously I did. I sent it out today and hopefully i will get it back and it working condition. Once i get it back i will post again to let you guys know if it will bind. If you are still having this problem i recommend you calling their customer support. The calls do not take long and they are very helpful and its great customer service. Do not email them, i emailed them about 10 times and got 1 reply which was not helpful at all. So just take 20-30 minutes and call them.

Reactions: Swampraton
This is exactly the reason I will not buy the Breeze .... even through Amazon where I can immediately send it back if it's defective. The so called "update" just turns the Breeze into a brick. No thanks ...

I finally found the time to call Yuneec customer support. They are very nice and helpful. They put me through a series of tests to make sure that it wouldn't bind. They asked me to turn on airplane mode and try it like that, still nothing. And also asked my to attempt it through my MacBook Air and still nothing there. They also told me to restart my phone or whatever device I was using and the turn on airplane mode and once again nothing. It wouldn't show that it was picking up the wifi signal. After those brief tests they finally asked me if i would like to send it to them and see if they could fix it, so obviously I did. I sent it out today and hopefully i will get it back and it working condition. Once i get it back i will post again to let you guys know if it will bind. If you are still having this problem i recommend you calling their customer support. The calls do not take long and they are very helpful and its great customer service. Do not email them, i emailed them about 10 times and got 1 reply which was not helpful at all. So just take 20-30 minutes and call them.

New join here... Did that too but mine never gave me a wifi signal from day 1. Sent it back (KavService, Yuneec's authorized repair) Got it back with new wifi board. Still, no wifi signal detected by Samsung Galaxy ON5 and Grand Prime dual band smartphones. They insist they tested it with various Samsung phones and it flew. It's still within return window but from an amazon 3rd party. I'll have to wait 2 more days for a response. I bought into this Breeze system with additional batteries and bluetooth controller and FPV goggles. Will have to return those too. Kav suggested to explore security settings on our phones. No good. According to specs both phones can do 2.4 and 5.8. The same phones can fly the toy grade phone-only drones like the Elfie.
Since I have a few more days for that return window to close I want to keep trying to make it work. I saw another post in these pages about downloading an update and putting it in the Breeze's root and make the pc run it there. I look at the built in flash and there's nothing but 2 folders DCIM and MISC. I didn't bookmark the page within this forum so I'm searching again. Any ideas? Thanks for the info and thanks for having me here.

I don't trust Samsung or Android at all. My Breeze connected to older Samsung Note 2, Note 3 but it disconnected within a few minutes to cause RTH. I tested the Breeze with a Samsung tablet and other Android tablets, the video lag was just terrible. Flying FPV will disappoint 1000%. The 8" Android ZTE K88 tablet was OK however, but it's too large to fit the goggle.
Your Samsung Galaxy ON5 was released in October 2015. Today is February 2018. Don't trust 3-year-old Samsung hardware. You could connect to it someday but there's no guarantee for solid connection.
Per my experience, best phone for the Breeze is iPhone 5 and newer. Even the video feed got no lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements