Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bricked my h update

Reaction score
after being a dji fan for years I decided to give the h a try. After unboxing and charging everything up I proceeded to update the 16 and h. The 16 went fine. Not so much for the cam and h. Not too sure what happened but the drone would not turn off and wouldn't go into bind mode. Literally after 4 hours of searching the net I found a fix. It required using the GUI and installing an older version of the firmware. After I did that everything worked fine and was able to upgrade to the latest fw. The reason I'm writing this is because what I found to be the most popular answer to this problem is that the unit has to be sent back to the manufacturer when all you have to do is reinstall an older version via the GUI.

Well done! Enjoy your flying, I have a feeling you're going to get on well.

These things are complex bits of tech, and people often get frustrated with them when they don't do what is expected. With a little bit of persistence though, you can get great results.

after being a dji fan for years I decided to give the h a try. After unboxing and charging everything up I proceeded to update the 16 and h. The 16 went fine. Not so much for the cam and h. Not too sure what happened but the drone would not turn off and wouldn't go into bind mode. Literally after 4 hours of searching the net I found a fix. It required using the GUI and installing an older version of the firmware. After I did that everything worked fine and was able to upgrade to the latest fw. The reason I'm writing this is because what I found to be the most popular answer to this problem is that the unit has to be sent back to the manufacturer when all you have to do is reinstall an older version via the GUI.
There is a huge number of owners who are "never-ever" buyers in this market who have limited tech abilities. Many of those don't have the patience to do the research such as you have done. It can also be difficult to find an older version to do the install.
Congratulations on doing what many people are unable to do on their own. I hope you find continued satisfaction with the H and with this forum.

My first drone ever is the H (feb/ march 2017 EU version, updated with new firmware as soon as it came out). Only used GUI to change heights and distances, now occasionally for sensortest.

No issues whatsoever.

Worked fine out-of-the-box and still does.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Kudo's to you sir, for being a thinking man and using your ability to think and reason in order to work through and resolve a problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval