Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buggy Update

Following your comments with interest. My Breeze, using IPHONE6 and FPV controller with the latest updates flies like a charm, with no problems, did have a problem flying it inside with GPS on, but with that shut off, flies all around the house using the sticks like a champ. Outside no-problems. curious to know what were the 'buggy' conditions you found. can you be more specific on initial bugs you found, so I can watch out for them?
Just go back and read the posts. My issue was that it connected and flew on the first battery perfectly using my phone. Swapped the battery, reconnected the wifi and started to fly. All outdoors with zero wind.
Flew the first 3 minutes, then either the wifi disconnected, or the signal attenuated, it decided on its own to take a hard left and hit the house. Broke the bottom off, 6 props and it looks racked.
Called them and was asked to ship it back for updates. They are aware of the wifi issues or would not offer to replace the boards, like OMP just mentioned.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I should have made it more clear, the invoice lists the new board as being worth $249 but the invoice total was zero, so no they did not bill me for anything. I was just commenting no the same thing you have brought up, why would anyone pay $249 (plus $80 labor that was also on the invoice but not charged) when you could get a new one for $367. If the wind doesn't blow too hard today I will test the Breeze and post results.

Old Man Photographer

Thanks for clearing that up. I posted a screen shot of my Firmware Upgrade Screen. I see you guys talking about a version 1.1.6. Are you talking about the "Client Version" or the "Flying Control Version"? I'm curious what version(s) of software Yuneec sent the drone back to you. I had great success flying last evening at dusk - flew it to the edge of the Geofence and it "only" dropped WiFi at 46 meters on the second battery. First flight was perfect. Today it dropped Wi-Fi at about 10 meters on the first battery. I was testing Journey Mode so I wasn't using the FPV Controller today.

Hello Cappy,
I bought one of the first Breeze's to come into the country and flew it with my Moto G4 without a hitch for somewhere around 30 to 40 flights and was quite pleased with it. Then Yuneec decided to bring out the FPV controller and goggles, the original app had only 5 choices for flight but the FPV firmware upgrade added the sixth icon labeled FPV. My phone updated automatically and when I went to fly my Breeze everything started out as normal, it found and connected the wifi, and I then calibrated the compass. Still everything went as normal and I took off, the Breeze flew pretty much like normal for about two minutes and then disconnected the wifi. I tried everything to get it to reconnect but nothing worked, to its credit it did just hover for about another ten minutes in one spot and when the batteries reached low level it landed safely. I tried several different fixes like turning my phones bluetooth off and on but after three more flights that started ended the same way I called Yuneec and they had me send the Breeze back. I would like to try it today but the wind here is blowing 10-20 mph with gusts a little higher so I don't think it is going to happen and tomorrow they are predicting 1 inch of ice pellets.

Old Man Photographer

Hello all,
Well I braved the 15 mph wind and flew my restored Breeze. I first calibrated the compass and then with a great amount of apprehension I slid the takeoff icon, so much for all the suspense, the little thing flew very well even in the high wind. I only flew it down to 40% because of the winter weather and not know when I would next get a chance to fly. The camera functioned properly and the tech who worked on it even left a photo of the warehouse area at the Yuneec secret headquarters in Ontario. I did not go further away than about 100 feet and only took it up to about 25 fee in altitude, first because I did not trust it, and second the wind was blowing much harder above that. Keep you posted after my next flight.

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: bestaudioguy
Hello All,
Well I guess my latest reply did not get posted so here goes again. I got one flight in on my updated Breeze that just came back from Yuneec yesterday evening. The wind was terrible so I didn't attempt an altitude over about 30 feet and kept the Breeze within 100 feet from me and I am glad to say it flew just fine. I calibrated the compass before flying but I thought I saw the calibrate compass warning (again could have been the wind) flash on my phone for a split second but I can't be sure. The camera worked fine in fact the memory still had a picture taken by the tech who worked on it of the secret Yuneec warehouse in Ontario. I don't know when I will be able to test it again because the weather has turned for the worse. Will keep you all posted.

Old Man Photographer

Attachments

• warehouse.jpg
    warehouse.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 14
Hello all,
Well I braved the 15 mph wind and flew my restored Breeze. I first calibrated the compass and then with a great amount of apprehension I slid the takeoff icon, so much for all the suspense, the little thing flew very well even in the high wind. I only flew it down to 40% because of the winter weather and not know when I would next get a chance to fly. The camera functioned properly and the tech who worked on it even left a photo of the warehouse area at the Yuneec secret headquarters in Ontario. I did not go further away than about 100 feet and only took it up to about 25 fee in altitude, first because I did not trust it, and second the wind was blowing much harder above that. Keep you posted after my next flight.

Old Man Photographer
Thanks for the specifics of your issues. Seems like most issues are related to android phones. Breeze behaves with iPhone 6 without these problems. Notice when I fly outdoors its always best to re-calibrate, after flying it indoors with GPS turned off. Do not see any 'buggy' issues using iPhone 6, and I got mine Oct 4. 'Check for updates' says I have the latest software. Notice I have to get well away from buildings, cars, etc when I re-calibrate outdoors. Yes, trying to fly it outdoors without re-calibration, results in some unanticipated, crazy actions

Thanks for the specifics of your issues. Seems like most issues are related to android phones. Breeze behaves with iPhone 6 without these problems. Notice when I fly outdoors its always best to re-calibrate, after flying it indoors with GPS turned off. Do not see any 'buggy' issues using iPhone 6, and I got mine Oct 4. 'Check for updates' says I have the latest software. Notice I have to get well away from buildings, cars, etc when I re-calibrate outdoors. Yes, trying to fly it outdoors without re-calibration, results in some unanticipated, crazy actions

I have an iPhone SE (same processor as 6 series with smaller screen) and my wife has an iPhone 7. I'm going to test her phone out (and your Android theory) because I'm dropping Wi-Fi... A LOT! I'll post results of this unscientific test here later. Looks like we may be able to fly in PA today. It's not too cold and winds are calm.

Nice thing about iOS devices are is they've got both 2.4 Ghz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi while many Android Devices do not. Only 1 of 3 Android Devices we have works with the Breeze. That being a Samsung Galaxy Tablet.

iPhone 7+, iPhone SE and my iPad Mini Gen 2 all lose Wi-Fi.
Next test: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
On the bright side, the 7+ held the connection the longest of all three devices.

upload_2017-1-15_13-8-41.png

What have you got the geo fence distance set at? I did all my outside flying at 196 ft height and 196 distance. don't lose WiFi on iphope

Vertically at 46.8 Meters so roughly 150 ft (default settings). I've not chanced more than going up, down and rotating and/or maybe few close to ground maneuvers at this point. I'm waiting for a callback from Yuneec Support, which BTW, is excellent thus far. Since my last post, I took the Samsung Tablet out and it also lost connection at that altitude as well. My problems started when I updated the Breeze's Firmware and App and starting using the FPV Controller - happens with/without the controller. I've flown Hubsan, Parrot and currently own a 3DR Solo that performs flawlessly and also fly a Pipersport LSA from time to time. At least I know return to home and auto-landing works REALLY WELL!!! :)

Hello Cappy,
I got to fly my Breeze two more times today and it was only limited success, it still dropped the wifi whenever I used the video camera. I do know there is a lot of evidence of Android Marshmallow 6.0 having wifi dropping issues except that before Yuneec went with the FPV I flew my Breeze somewhere around 30 times without any issues at all. I am a little stubborn ( okay a lot stubborn ) and I am going to find the cause if not the solution, but to tell you the truth for Yuneec to bring this thing out without proper testing is just proof that the Chinese Techies aren't as good as they want you to believe.

Old Man Photographer

Sorry to hear that Old Man Photographer. I was hoping your Breeze's trip back to Yuneec would be the cure. Is it only when you're using the Video Camera that it drops the connection?

Hello FLYXLSA,
I can't say for sure about the camera operation yet but I will be testing it further and let you know. I am reading that the Android 6.0 has a tendency to drop wifi but that a common fix is to toggle back and forth between regular and airplane mode which people claim in most cases cures the problem. Also the fact that Android will not reconnect to a wifi device that has no internet connection also hurts, that means that a small break in signal will not repair itself. I will keep everyone posted as to my progress.

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: marcus
Hello FLYXLSA,
I can't say for sure about the camera operation yet but I will be testing it further and let you know. I am reading that the Android 6.0 has a tendency to drop wifi but that a common fix is to toggle back and forth between regular and airplane mode which people claim in most cases cures the problem. Also the fact that Android will not reconnect to a wifi device that has no internet connection also hurts, that means that a small break in signal will not repair itself. I will keep everyone posted as to my progress.

Old Man Photographer

Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure it's the your phone. I've flown with 3 difference iOS Devices and a Samsung Tablet. I still get disconnected ALL THE TIME. In fact, it can even take a few restarts to even get and initial connection to show up at times.

I'm going to test it later today and see if it disconnects while NOT using either the Still or Video Camera. Eliminating variables may give us (and ultimately Yuneec) some essential feedback to correct this issue with a firmware upgrade?

IMHO, the issue started after the FPV update and is a software issue related to this upgrade and Yuneec needs to release a new Firmware Update to correct this issue. Speculation at this point, but empirical evidence seems to support this theory.

Thanks again!

I got my Breeze about a week and a half ago and I've only flown it once because of the weather, but it performed flawlessly. Mine is running on an older firmware I think because I get a prompt reminding me to upgrade every time I start the app. Based on what I'm seeing here, the upgrade really bonks the Breeze, so I'm holding off if possible.

Do you think that the way the Breeze handles the video streaming for FPV might be the culprit? Maybe Yuneec took more of the available bandwidth between the control and the Breeze to improve the video feed so it looks better when viewed through the FPV goggles. This means that less of the bandwidth is available for control, and as the signal degrades over distance, you see increased lag and controllability. Only speculation by me, but the reports of the Breeze's reliability took complete change once the FPV functionality was added. It almost makes me regret buying the Breeze.

Hello Threewulfmoon,
On Android 6.0 devices under the Wifi advanced there is an option for choosing 2.4 only, 5GHZ only, or both. Currently mine is selected on both, I am going to try 2.4 only and see if the Breeze will connect and get camera view, but your idea of less bandwitdth is a good one that I had not considered. Let you know what happens.

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: threewulfmoon
Hello Threewulfmoon,
On Android 6.0 devices under the Wifi advanced there is an option for choosing 2.4 only, 5GHZ only, or both. Currently mine is selected on both, I am going to try 2.4 only and see if the Breeze will connect and get camera view, but your idea of less bandwitdth is a good one that I had not considered. Let you know what happens.

Old Man Photographer

Breeze flies on 5 GHz only according to their Specs. Set it for that "only."

Meanwhile in PA I went out to fly WITHOUT the FPV Controller, No Camera Usage (other than streaming back to me) and NO Controller. I lost the Wi-Fi after one minute. I think it's the F/W Upgrade????

Hello Threewulfmoon,

Old Man Photographer
I got my Breeze about a week and a half ago and I've only flown it once because of the weather, but it performed flawlessly. Mine is running on an older firmware I think because I get a prompt reminding me to upgrade every time I start the app. Based on what I'm seeing here, the upgrade really bonks the Breeze, so I'm holding off if possible.

Do you think that the way the Breeze handles the video streaming for FPV might be the culprit? Maybe Yuneec took more of the available bandwidth between the control and the Breeze to improve the video feed so it looks better when viewed through the FPV goggles. This means that less of the bandwidth is available for control, and as the signal degrades over distance, you see increased lag and controllability. Only speculation by me, but the reports of the Breeze's reliability took complete change once the FPV functionality was added. It almost makes me regret buying the Breeze.

I think it's the Firmware Upgrade. I'm sending this one back to Amazon as "Defective" and getting a new one with the old Firmware. Meanwhile I'll fly my 3DR Solo. I got this to go Hiking, Climbing, Kayaking, etc. Hopefully by Spring when the weather improves, they'll have a fix.

Disappointing to say the least.

I would NOT do the upgrade if I were you. IMHO anyway. ?

Manual Page showing 5 GHz Spec FYI for the Group:

upload_2017-1-16_11-38-2.png

Hello FLYXLSA,

Thank you, do you think you could send me a link to where you found the written manual?

Thanks,
Old Man Photographer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33