Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buggy Update

I forget where I got it online, but let's see if I can attach a PDF to this post.
Mine did not come with one. Only the one in the App.

Attachments

• Breeze Manual.pdf
    408.4 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: threewulfmoon
Unless it forces me to update the firmware, I'm not going to do so until these issues are resolved. I think I will put my phone into airplane mode, power up the Breeze, turn on only Wi-Fi and connect to the Breeze. This way there is no connection to the internet, only the Breeze, so no way to force an update to download.

I'm going to take the Breeze our today after work for a bit I hope. It's rained for about 2 weeks straight here in KY, but today is absolutely gorgeous. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reactions: marcus and FLYXLSA
Hello Threewulfmoon,
Okay now the plot really thickens, I took my breeze out after telling my phone to only use 5 GHZ wifi and if flew beautifully so I decided to take some video, still no problem until I shut off the camera and the Breeze immediatly lost wifi contact. I landed shut everything down reconnected took off flew for about 5 minutes switched from video to still tried to take a picture and the Breeze lost contact. I suspected this from yesterday's flying and now I can confirm that using the camera initiates the problem. I will fly again in a few minutes but this time I will not attempt any photos or videos until the very end of the flight.

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Let us know! I hope that Yuneec monitors forums like this because the grassroots community often troubleshoots issues (and sometimes even solves them!) saving the manufacturer time and resources. I'm going to fly without updating if possible. Is there a way to tell what firmware version the drone is running? Like I said, I ran mine through 2 batteries on pilot mode on Jan. 8 , taking pictures and recording video, and never had the first problem. If you're on a different firmware than me, that is an additional data point for troubleshooting purposes.

Let us know! I hope that Yuneec monitors forums like this because the grassroots community often troubleshoots issues (and sometimes even solves them!) saving the manufacturer time and resources. I'm going to fly without updating if possible. Is there a way to tell what firmware version the drone is running? Like I said, I ran mine through 2 batteries on pilot mode on Jan. 8 , taking pictures and recording video, and never had the first problem. If you're on a different firmware than me, that is an additional data point for troubleshooting purposes.

I don't think it forces you to update it. It is best to do updates from a phone so you can download via the Cell tower while connected to Wi-Fi. I had to go into settings to update it and only did so because I bought the FPV Controller Package. It's awesome to fly with the controller in standard mode.

For now, I think your plan is good. Don't update! My old Breeze is on the way back to Amazon and a new one is coming Wednesday. I'll keep you all posted in this thread as to how the new one works -which should come with the older firmware version.

Hello all,
I give up! My Breeze is doing the same thing that it did before I sent it back to Yuneec. My last ditch effort will be to try and get a copy of the original app from Yuneec that will not automatically update so I can use it again. Failing that I will just have to chalk it up to experience and put the Breeze in a case labled $500 paper weight.

Old Man Photographer

Before I decided to send it back, I did get a response from this guy:

Sorry to hear about your wifi issues. I have forwarded your email to Andrew Mier (Tech Support Lead). Andrew will be contacting you today.

Tim Terrones
[email protected]
Community Manager | Yuneec USA, Inc.

I missed the call from Andrew. But I did Email him back.

Andrew Mier
Customer Care Team Lead | Yuneec USA
[email protected] or
[email protected]
844 898 6332

There's another thread here that Yuneec actually posted in. I put a message there referring them to this thread.

Maybe if we keep bugging them and get the word out?

FYI I got the initial Email address and contact info for Tim Terrones off bad Amazon.com reviews.

I took my Breeze up and ran through both batteries twice, though the second time around the last battery wasn't fully charged. No connection hitches other than the Breeze's wi-fi connection took a few moments (like less than a minute or so) to appear a couple of times after battery swaps. Other than my yard being a muddy mess with stuff blown all over the place from last week's high wind and rain, it was a blast!

My suggestion is to avoid the current firmware like the plague until Yuneec issues an update that fixes the issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.PNG
    IMG_0120.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 20
I took my Breeze up and ran through both batteries twice, though the second time around the last battery wasn't fully charged. No connection hitches other than the Breeze's wi-fi connection took a few moments (like less than a minute or so) to appear a couple of times after battery swaps. Other than my yard being a muddy mess with stuff blown all over the place from last week's high wind and rain, it was a blast!

My suggestion is to avoid the current firmware like the plague until Yuneec issues an update that fixes the issues.

Sounds like you had a fun day. It's an awesome Camera Drone! The Video Stabilization at 1080p almost makes a Gimbal unnecessary. I did a comparison of 4k without EIS and 1080p with EIS on. It's pretty amazing! (Breezy Day)

I'm a total newb when it comes to drones and to video editing, so the Breeze is a great platform to help beginners like me get good results. The 1080p video is fantastic and marred only by the sharp panning of the camera because of the virtual controls. If they could do 4K with DIS, the Breeze would be even better! I'm a geek, so I'd say eventually I'll add a drone with a little more range to the hangar.

Nice video by the way! I like the 1080P footage just fine. Bought a 65" 1080P TV last year, so I'm not in any hurry for 4K here.

I edit on my MacBook Pro, so 4k is a bit overkill for my needs. I just got a GoPro for my 3DR Solo - that I picked up at an insane price at BestBuy - $300 incl some accessories. I opted for the GoPro Hero4 "Silver" 1080p vs. the 4k "Black" to save some $$$. I figure I'll have the Breeze for 4k.

Right now, I use an iPad Pro 9.7 for editing with iMovie. I am going to grab Pinnacle Studio Pro, which looks like it has some decent features for the price. I'm really interested in video editing, much more so than I thought when I got the Breeze. I'm looking for any excuse I can find to put the Breeze up and shoot video!

I almost bought the 3DR Solo myself, but since I don't own a GoPro, the start up costs were a little more than I wanted to invest in my first drone. It looks like a great little machine. If I continue to enjoy the hobby as much as I expect, I might eventually grab a Typhoon or a Mavic.

Yeah... you're hooked now. LOL - Join the club!
My wife is going to stage a Technology Intervention for me soon!

I have an older copy of Final Cut Pro I bought for my son a few years back I could use but the learning curve is pretty steep with that. I do more stills and am good with Photoshop, but may have to bite the bullet and learn FCP on my iMac with Higher Screen Resolution.

Who knows? I may end up with a Q500+ because I like the $799 package with the detachable camera, Handheld Gimbal and Case. I do Hiking, Rock Climbing and Kayaking and can see some uses for that and, of course, the Breeze for portability.

Keep sharing on here as you progress and I will too!

Vertically at 46.8 Meters so roughly 150 ft (default settings). I've not chanced more than going up, down and rotating and/or maybe few close to ground maneuvers at this point. I'm waiting for a callback from Yuneec Support, which BTW, is excellent thus far. Since my last post, I took the Samsung Tablet out and it also lost connection at that altitude as well. My problems started when I updated the Breeze's Firmware and App and starting using the FPV Controller - happens with/without the controller. I've flown Hubsan, Parrot and currently own a 3DR Solo that performs flawlessly and also fly a Pipersport LSA from time to time. At least I know return to home and auto-landing works REALLY WELL!!! :)
Would appreciate your posting what Yuneec Support says about the issue. would appreciate if you post their comments. Why mine flies fine, may be that I don't check for updates. (And from all the issues posted, I don't intend to!)

I referred Yuneec Support to this thread. I sent mine back to Amazon and am getting a new one tomorrow.

IF I do ever hear from them, I will definitely post it here. It's seems Andrew Mier is a busy guy nowadays. I have not got an Email or call back yet.

See post #43 in this thread for Yuneec Contact info - Email ALL addresses I've shown. Let's get them moving on a fix! Point them to this thread.

The Squeaky Wheel gets the oil!

Neither my Breeze nor Cappy's have been updated with the newer firmware and both fly fine. It's pretty much universal consensus that the problem is bad software on the Drone, so why is Yuneec not fixing this? I bought mine toward the end of December and there were already reports of the bugged firmware in Amazon reviews. I'm not saying $400-500 is pocket change or a fortune, but if I dropped that kind of cash on a drone, took it out and crashed it on the first flight or couldn't fly it at all because of buggy software, I know that brand would never get another cent of my money. The Breeze brand is really taking a beating because of this glitch.

THIS IS MHO ONLY!

Marketing wants to rush the product out the door before Christmas. Production and engineering always lag behind. Sales drive EVERYTHING in business. Investors want growth. It's no longer about quality and the consumer although it should be. Drones are a new frontier with multiple companies looking to stake out market share. Look what happened to 3DR.

If you read the other Forums you'll find similar things. Maybe not this bad, maybe some worse. From what I understand DJI CS sucks REALLY BAD! They're not perfect either.

Makes me sad to say but... GREED is generally the cause. Look at the Wells Fargo thing in banking. Again... IMHO

I'm a total newb when it comes to drones and to video editing, so the Breeze is a great platform to help beginners like me get good results. The 1080p video is fantastic and marred only by the sharp panning of the camera because of the virtual controls. If they could do 4K with DIS, the Breeze would be even better! I'm a geek, so I'd say eventually I'll add a drone with a little more range to the hangar.

Nice video by the way! I like the 1080P footage just fine. Bought a 65" 1080P TV last year, so I'm not in any hurry for 4K here.

Good Amazon Review. It's the second one showing up today - when I checked anyway.
I "liked" it. I was going to write one, but you stated the case very well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio