Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buggy Update

Well I took Breeze #2 up for a Test Flight today. I didn't lose WiFi and took it out to about 65 meters with no signal loss. The only bummer is that one of the batteries went "Tits Up" while waiting in the closet. I saw in another thread that Yuneec claims their Warranty only covers batteries for 30 days. They better not try that B/S with me since this thing was F---ed Up from day one and they had it for about 30 days including a week shipping each way. We shall see tomorrow when I call them.

Hope I don't need to use the American Express Purchase Protection and/or Warranty Extension plans. So far Yuneec Customer Service has been good to work with.

I forgot to look at what firmware version it came back with. I will check and post tomorrow.

IMG_0790.PNG

Hello Tim,

Great news about the Breeze, bad news about the battery. Was your battery at full charge when it went bad? I know it took me about twenty minutes and three different telephone transfers to find out from them that storage charge is 45%. It was really amateurish too, I could hear the girl I was talking to asking someone in the background about it and he had to ask someone else also before they could decide what to tell me. All I can tell you is that from my experience in RC 3 cell lipo batteries peak charge at about 12.6 volts and like to be stored at 11.5 volts for longer terms than one week. One of the glaring deficiencies of the Breeze is giving you a battery reading in percentage rather than voltage. I don't think the techs in Canada even know at what voltage the battery is at when the red warning comes on telling you to land, but I do know that if they are allowing the battery to go below 11 volts then it will go bad quickly. Just for safety sake I try not to fly my Breeze below 35% before landing. Hope they give you a new battery, let us know what happens.

Ron

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Calling Yuneec now. At least it flies now. Very well. Took it to the limit today. ZERO Issues!
She's home. ;)IMG_3156.JPG

Yuneec replaced the Battery for me. No charge. And you're correct OMP, just checked a fully charged battery and it was at 12.6 volts.

Firmware seems to be the same as when it left here, but it no longer loses WiFi?

I dissected the bad battery and it looks to be some type of 3S Lipo. Maybe I can make another battery out of the old one. I have pictures posted in the "Battery Tango Uniform" thread.

Yuneec replaced the Battery for me. No charge. And you're correct OMP, just checked a fully charged battery and it was at 12.6 volts.

Firmware seems to be the same as when it left here, but it no longer loses WiFi?

I dissected the bad battery and it looks to be some type of 3S Lipo. Maybe I can make another battery out of the old one. I have pictures posted in the "Battery Tango Uniform" thread.

Hello again Tim,

I had another question for you about the bad battery, did you by any chance get a voltage reading on that battery? Also I know from talking to you that you are a very knowledgeable guy and don't need a lecture but I just thought I would mention that Lithium ignites in the presence of oxygen and the batteries burn at about 3500 degrees until the lithium is used up so take care when you are taking batteries apart. Okay so much for my father speech but I know a lot of the forum members follow what you and I talk about so I thought I would mention it.

Ron

Hello again Tim,

I had another question for you about the bad battery, did you by any chance get a voltage reading on that battery? Also I know from talking to you that you are a very knowledgeable guy and don't need a lecture but I just thought I would mention that Lithium ignites in the presence of oxygen and the batteries burn at about 3500 degrees until the lithium is used up so take care when you are taking batteries apart. Okay so much for my father speech but I know a lot of the forum members follow what you and I talk about so I thought I would mention it.

Ron

Thanks for the safety message. Can't be too careful with those LiPo's. Ask Boeing about their Dreamliner for example.

Here's the reading from the SERIES which at max capacity per battery should be 3.7 volts EACH. As you can see it is only reading 3.2 volts + TOTAL.

volts.jpg

Last edited:
Another good example is Samsung. I read one of the Note7's burned a nice little patch on an Aluminum Passenger Jet Floor a while back.

Now one would think Samsung and Boeing have got to employee top notch Electrical Engineers, so the lesson here is YOU CAN'T BE TOO SAFE or TOO SMART!

Samsung.png

Hello Tim,
The government regulates the food, the water, the air, but has totally missed the boat on the dangers of Li-ion and Li-poly batteries. Every device using a lithium based battery is a potential incendiary bomb waiting to erupt. It was the only thing I really did not like about the Breeze that it used its own proprietary charger, I would have much preferred to use my good old Thunderpower Pro charger and balancer which monitors the charge continuously and shuts down immediately when something goes wrong. As these batteries reach old age the problem will only get worse and here is a link to a story explaining why you can't fly lithium based batteries anymore.

Ron

Crash investigators trace UPS plane fire to batteries

Hallo Joe.
I am in Germany too!
I also have same problem. So I wrote complain to yuneec eu on last Saturday. Then I am waiting for their excuse.
Did you send back your breeze to yuneec eu? Before you get a reply from them?
I want to clear this problem as soon as possible...

Hallo Joe.
I am in Germany too!
I also have same problem. So I wrote complain to yuneec eu on last Saturday. Then I am waiting for their excuse.
Did you send back your breeze to yuneec eu? Before you get a reply from them?
I want to clear this problem as soon as possible...

Hi blacksury,
I sent it back to the shop (lindinger.at). Waiting for an answer! But I Think I`ll get a new one. And hopefully there will be soon a solution to update the breeze without bugs!
Did you try to flash the firmware.bin and reupdate it together with deleting the app as i mentioned before (post #89)?
Joe

Hi blacksury,
I sent it back to the shop (lindinger.at). Waiting for an answer! But I Think I`ll get a new one. And hopefully there will be soon a solution to update the breeze without bugs!
Did you try to flash the firmware.bin and reupdate it together with deleting the app as i mentioned before (post #89)?
Joe

No I will not try flashing until I get reply from yuneec. If I try flashing, I will let you know result. I wish you can get fresh new breeze soon! Today, I will go out to have a test flight with the flight mode solution. Wish me luck!

YH

Finally got a new Breeze! Flight Control Version 1.0.0; ESC Version: 1.0.3; Camera Version: 1.0.2(F)
Tilting the cam does not work propperly; Video Connection not stable. Like this the Breeze is useless for me. I' ll try another update!

Update:
Tilting Cam still doesn't work propperly. Maybe again some hardware error

Last edited:
Reactions: Alxy
Hello Tim,
The government regulates the food, the water, the air, but has totally missed the boat on the dangers of Li-ion and Li-poly batteries. Every device using a lithium based battery is a potential incendiary bomb waiting to erupt. It was the only thing I really did not like about the Breeze that it used its own proprietary charger, I would have much preferred to use my good old Thunderpower Pro charger and balancer which monitors the charge continuously and shuts down immediately when something goes wrong. As these batteries reach old age the problem will only get worse and here is a link to a story explaining why you can't fly lithium based batteries anymore.

Ron

Crash investigators trace UPS plane fire to batteries

Hey Ron:
Sad news in these parts today. Made me think of our discussion.
Harrisburg fire claims life of 3-year-old girl
Probably LiPo's caused that fire that resulted in two deaths.
NEVER leave your LiPo's charging unattended!
Tim

Hey Tim,
Very, very sad. The government loves to get involved in every aspect of our life, what to eat, how to exercise, what clothes we wear, but when it comes to Lithium batteries they seem to want to turn a blind eye! They really should be putting out public service messages about how dangerous improper charging and care of these batteries, for instance if you contact the positive lead with the negative lead you better get rid of that thing fast as it will smoke and then burst into flames. Having been around them in RC for more that 15 years now I have seen just what can happen. I guess it has partly to do with the old style batteries which while could be dangerous if really abused were for the most part benign. I just read an article the other day that the old boy who invented the Li-ion battery has just come up with a better system utilizing solid state materials that will greatly reduce the fire risk while putting out more power at a faster charge rate. It would really be great but the guy is 94! Heck, he might have imagined the whole thing.

Ron

Hey Tim,
Very, very sad. The government loves to get involved in every aspect of our life, what to eat, how to exercise, what clothes we wear, but when it comes to Lithium batteries they seem to want to turn a blind eye! They really should be putting out public service messages about how dangerous improper charging and care of these batteries, for instance if you contact the positive lead with the negative lead you better get rid of that thing fast as it will smoke and then burst into flames. Having been around them in RC for more that 15 years now I have seen just what can happen. I guess it has partly to do with the old style batteries which while could be dangerous if really abused were for the most part benign. I just read an article the other day that the old boy who invented the Li-ion battery has just come up with a better system utilizing solid state materials that will greatly reduce the fire risk while putting out more power at a faster charge rate. It would really be great but the guy is 94! Heck, he might have imagined the whole thing.

Ron

The news just said the Feds are investigating that fire in Harrisburg. I guess they want to see what make/model, etc. Too little too late!

Got to go get ready for the Snowpocolypse now. Don't worry... just warming up the Generator inside just in case! All aux fuel is now outside too. :) IMG_3758.jpg

Bonjour
Je viens d'envoyer un courriel à Yuneec parce que je l'ai rencontré le même problème que vous avec la dernière mise à jour, la perte de connexion wifi trois fois

Ce cosmeted les dégâts sur mon drone il est écrasé contre un mur à cause de cela

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop