Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buy now or wait for the H Pro with 3 Antenna ST16 ?

Depends really on what you want and how much you want to spend right now.
If money is no object then wait and get the Pro since it will have RealSense. You may or may not ever need that but why not have it if money is no object.

If you don't want to spend the extra $500 or $600 then get the current model. You can always get the RealSense module later and buy extra batteries now. There should be more available soon.

The only thing it seems the Pro will offer over the current H is the slightly updated ST16 controller. I am unsure it is that big a deal and you can mod the current one easily from what I have read.

Also depends on how long you want to wait of course.

Last edited:
I bought my TH from FRY's with a 30 day return policy. ....... I called FRY's today to get a RMA number....... my 30 days will be up tomorrow. I now have 15 days to decide if it will return the TH and PRE ORDER the TH PRO..........Is it worth the extra 600.00 for a back pack ($99.00) extra battery ($89.00) and of coarse the RS200 camera?......What would you do?........keep the TH or return and buy the TH PRO.......

Is your current H operating well? If it is one of the trouble free ones, and your camera is focused well, Keep it! As getting another one may open a can of worms if you get a lemon like others have!, You can always add RS after it comes out and has been proven ;)

Good advice DC.

Reactions: DroneClone
I'm waiting for the pro only because I do not have an H yet. I'm looking forward to getting mine and sure hope they do not delay shipment of the pro too much more.

IMHO I would buy the current version now. I just don't see the real advantages in the Pro version for the extra money spent. Is Realsense even necessary for a half decent pilot? Maybe it's just me being use to flying 250 FPV racers with no GPS or obstacle avoidance. Yes it could potentially benefit a newbie to drone flying but then again newbies should be starting out with toy grade quad for training. I also bet flight times will be reduced a minute or two with the added battery drain and weight.

Give it 3 months and sure as **** you will be seeing secondhand Realsense modules being sold online. Pick one up then for a song if you must try Realsense.

IMHO I would buy the current version now. I just don't see the real advantages in the Pro version for the extra money spent. Is Realsense even necessary for a half decent pilot? Maybe it's just me being use to flying 250 FPV racers with no GPS or obstacle avoidance. Yes it could potentially benefit a newbie to drone flying but then again newbies should be starting out with toy grade quad for training. I also bet flight times will be reduced a minute or two with the added battery drain and weight.

Give it 3 months and sure as **** you will be seeing secondhand Realsense modules being sold online. Pick one up then for a song if you must try Realsense.
Exactly my thoughts, no need for RS in my line of flying!;)

Anyone knows the difference on ST16 on H and H pro ? Just the antenna ? I got a supplier here throwing a free upgrade exsliite antenna in..and a wand for free fro the H

I decided to send back my TYPOON H ADVANCED and go with the TYPOON H PRO VERSION. It looks like Yuneec upgraded the ST 16 and external antennas ......... plus a few little extras that makes the Typoon H PRO The best drone on the market as of today. I am really impressed with the INTEL Real Sense .............Thank You INTEL and YUNEEC for giving us the latest and greatest drone .....................

Wow, Sky, quite a change of heart from your July 8 post. You may make DC dizzy, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval