Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 no gimble control

Reaction score
Hi all I have a Typhoon H plus with a c23 camera which had an sd card slot problem so I bought a new camera and bound it to the st16 but now I have no gimbal control I have video and both wi fi networks If I put the original camera back on it only goes straight down and can not control it

Hi all I have a Typhoon H plus with a c23 camera which had an sd card slot problem so I bought a new camera and bound it to the st16 but now I have no gimbal control I have video and both wi fi networks If I put the original camera back on it only goes straight down and can not control it
If you power up the aircraft/camera without the ST16S powered up does the camera initialize and point forward and level? Answer for both the old and the new cameras.

If you power up the aircraft/camera without the ST16S powered up does the camera initialize and point forward and level? Answer for both the old and the new cameras.
the old camera initalises then goes down with no control , new camera does nothing, proberly going to send it back. I have ordered new slip ring but not arrived yet

the old camera initalises then goes down with no control , new camera does nothing, proberly going to send it back. I have ordered new slip ring but not arrived yet
If the new camera is hanging slack even when the camera has power, it is not a slip ring issue.

Are you getting any beep sounds from either camera?

The straight down behavior of the old camera could be a controller issue. Have you checked the RC Monitor screen to see if there is an issue with K2?

Reactions: Steve Carr
The original problem was a sd card issue where it would recognise it one flight then not the next, so tried a new camera then got nothing so put old one back then no control of gimbal. Will check rc monitor but don't think there was a problem on the monitor will post later if there is problem

K2 does nothing and k1 only goes to the right and not left...now camera is going up and down on its own

K2 does nothing and k1 only goes to the right and not left...now camera is going up and down on its own
First thought is corrosion on the pots for K2 and K1. Corrosion is more common on the J sticks, but it would be worth checking.
First try the simple "vigorous exercise" back and forth of each Pot. That is often all it takes on the J sticks. If working the K pots back and forth does not help, you may need to remove the back of the controller and spray the pots with plastic safe contact cleaner at the same time as exercise.
Did anything noteworthy happen to the controller between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not? Things like bumps/drops, maintenance, firmware updates, factory reset, long storage, or anything else you can think of.

Not sure but it might have tried to update is there anyway to reset to factory settings then start again, I have tried the vigorous movement but no different is the board available as a replacement item if so where from?

Not sure but it might have tried to update is there anyway to reset to factory settings then start again, I have tried the vigorous movement but no different is the board available as a replacement item if so where from?
An nother thing I can remember is it has unlocked the hight restriction which I did not do and also it won't update dron it says there is on available but goes to a red triangle and won't update

I'm not sure about board availability. Yuneec GB or Germany might be a good contact. An entire used controller might be almost as cheap as a new board.
Both of those pots go through the same connector bundle from the button board to the main controller board. It might be worth unplugging the connector on both ends a couple of times to see if there is corrosion in the connectors.
The Factory reset on an ST16S will erase the main flight APP. You will need a copy of the APP prior to the reset and will need to re-install it after the reset. A screenshot of your controller versions page will help us provide you with the correct version of the APP. The reset itself is in the Settings menu.
An update attempt might not be a good idea yet. Failed updates are a common cause of all kinds of controller mischief, and your controller is apparently already having difficulties. If an update looks like it is necessary, it can be done using SD cards instead of the factory OTA system.

The screenshot of your controller versions page will help us know what versions you have installed.

I'm not sure about board availability. Yuneec GB or Germany might be a good contact. An entire used controller might be almost as cheap as a new board.
Both of those pots go through the same connector bundle from the button board to the main controller board. It might be worth unplugging the connector on both ends a couple of times to see if there is corrosion in the connectors.
The Factory reset on an ST16S will erase the main flight APP. You will need a copy of the APP prior to the reset and will need to re-install it after the reset. A screenshot of your controller versions page will help us provide you with the correct version of the APP. The reset itself is in the Settings menu.
An update attempt might not be a good idea yet. Failed updates are a common cause of all kinds of controller mischief, and your controller is apparently already having difficulties. If an update looks like it is necessary, it can be done using SD cards instead of the factory OTA system.

The screenshot of your controller versions page will help us know what versions you have installed.
OK thanks for all your help , I have been o to yuneec uk to see if they can service or repair it but will have to wait for an answer next week

Reactions: WTFDproject
OK thanks for all your help , I have been o to yuneec uk to see if they can service or repair it but will have to wait for an answer next week
Hi all thanks for all the help I have found and fitted new control board on the St 16 and recalibrate the pots and now fixed ,so I'm off out flying tonight the first time in about 6 weeks

Any chance you can post the SD card update file again please
The above link to the SD Card update works from my PC, but there has been an issue over the last few days of this group of links not working from any other PC. An actual copy of the guidance is attached instead.

What issues are you seeing that make you want to update?

Attachments

• H Plus SD Card Firmware Upgrade_Downgrade.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
it seems to only find the sd card on every other flights so if you reset the drone/camera it will find it then turn it off then on it will not see it again C23 camera by the way not the controller

To me, the words "firmware" and "magic" mean about the same thing. Like many folks, I use the stuff all the time with no clue how it works. I hope the update helps.
You mentioned the SD card reader in the very first post, but you were more focused on the gimbal behavior at the time. Can you describe the things you have already tried to get the SD card reader to work? Contact cleaner, trying different SD cards, camera reset via buttons, previous firmware updates or anything else you have tried.

To me, the words "firmware" and "magic" mean about the same thing. Like many folks, I use the stuff all the time with no clue how it works. I hope the update helps.
You mentioned the SD card reader in the very first post, but you were more focused on the gimbal behavior at the time. Can you describe the things you have already tried to get the SD card reader to work? Contact cleaner, trying different SD cards, camera reset via buttons, previous firmware updates or anything else you have tried.
Yes have had problems with it not recognise the sd card yuneec Europe sent me a sd card reader update but didn't save it , have updated firmware and recalibrate the st 16 to get gimbal sorted but need to update sd card bin file to sort out card issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold