Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cable Cam

Reaction score
I am very curious to hear from you, especially those who have tried to fly with cable cam. Can man flying with cable cam in smart mode and Angle mode and does the ultrasonic sensor when man flying in Cable Cam?

I used CCC once in angle mode. Since you fly to the points first then retrace your flight I don't think OA would be necessary. I have OA on P4 and it's annoying. I like to fly close to things I think it makes video look more interesting.My personal opinion is that it's over hyped and I'll probably never turn it on. I think some might like it at first then disable or only use it for a very specific shot. I'll test CCC again tomorrow.

I have a question while we are on the subject. Are the points you set still saved if you bring the H down and change the battery?

I was just wondering if I set some points for filming a movie scene, and it took a few takes, if I can land it, change the battery, and have it go back to the first point and allow me to continue where I left off. Or does losing power on the H somehow clear everything on the transmitter side as well?

Cable Cam is one of the features I am excited about the most. :)

There's an option to save them so yes you'll have them after battery change. I haven't tested this but the option came up after I set the points.

Thanks man. So I assume you can save various ones and recall them at will, that is good to know.

I tried the CCC mode, but was very brief. Only set about 3 waypoints. Once you are done setting the waypoints it asks if you want to go back to waypoint 1 (So that you can start it). It also has you slide a bar on the screen to confirm that the H has nothing obstructing it's path to the first waypoint. One thing I did not understand was once I started it and it was flying from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2 I was trying to move the camera around with the right stick... it wouldn't. Wasn't sure why until I watched Simon's video again and he said something about the camera needing to be in Global Mode for it to work?

Played with CCC again today 4 points with various altitudes this time and it followed the different altitudes very well. I tried to vary the speed of flight but it seem to be either 1 mph to 10ish mph as reported by another user. I tried using the turtle rabbit control and that did nothing. Tested the journey selfie thing and it worked well. Interesting thing was the H spins and flies away from you and the camera stays locked on you, I didn't realize the H would rotate in opposite direction it was pretty cool. It was windy but she is very stable in the wind and landing in the wind was a breeze :)

Finally believe I have the secret to cable cam and varying the speed after flying 3 more packs this evening. After you set your waypoints try these steps.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-angle
modes seem to have no changing affects to above mentioned.

NOW CAN SHE GO FASTER THAN 11 MPH !!!

please try it out and post anything new.

Last edited:
I used CCC once in angle mode. Since you fly to the points first then retrace your flight I don't think OA would be necessary. I have OA on P4 and it's annoying. I like to fly close to things I think it makes video look more interesting.My personal opinion is that it's over hyped and I'll probably never turn it on. I think some might like it at first then disable or only use it for a very specific shot. I'll test CCC again tomorrow.

I think it will be very interesting to use when the realsense module is installed ...

/\/\ax2206

Finally believe I have the secret to cable cam and varying the speed after flying 3 more packs this evening. After you set your waypoints try these steps.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-angle
modes seem to have no changing affects to above mentioned.

NOW CAN SHE GO FASTER THAN 11 MPH !!!

please try it out and post anything new.

Thanks Chris. This also works when in POI and Orbit Me.

This is half true.
to change speed it's not about "tapping" the stick up or down
if you leave the stick up or down for a sustained about of time you will see that the aircraft slowly speeds up and down.
the further you push the stick the faster it will accelerate up to the top speed. breaking and reversing same thing.
you can slow down/speed up just by keeping the stick a little up/down for a while until you get to the speed you want, then release the stick

This is half true.
to change speed it's not about "tapping" the stick up or down
if you leave the stick up or down for a sustained about of time you will see that the aircraft slowly speeds up and down.
the further you push the stick the faster it will accelerate up to the top speed. breaking and reversing same thing.
you can slow down/speed up just by keeping the stick a little up/down for a while until you get to the speed you want, then release the stick
Could you elaborate a little more about this 'sustained amount of time'? How long do you have to wait before it starts moving, and if you keep holding the stick, how long between changes in speed (1 sec, 2 secs, 5 secs...)?

Could you elaborate a little more about this 'sustained amount of time'? How long do you have to wait before it starts moving, and if you keep holding the stick, how long between changes in speed (1 sec, 2 secs, 5 secs...)?
Hi Bob. There is a slight delay before it starts to move, so if you hold the stick for a second and then let it go, when the things starts moving, it will be slowly. If you hold the stick until the drone starts moving, then it will move quickly along your route because of the delay. Experimentation is the key. Hope that helps. Cheers. Chris.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval