Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Mickeyboo

The interface on the ST16 includes the ability to do "Camera Calibration" along with of course "Compass Calibration" and "Accelerometer Calibration". I'm wondering what specifically the camera calibration does.
    For example does it address just exposure and other camera functions or does it also address tilt and other gimbal functions not normally associated with the camera? Thanks if anyone knows the answer...not interested in speculation.

Steve Carr likes this.
  2. eric bee

that means the calibrations of the motors...that you get an perfect balanced image and no offset...
    ...nothing with the Picture itself like exposure...

3. Dragonflyerthom

But your vid has to communicate with the ST 16 and the camera. If and when you do it ,the calibration,the camera will go thru many motions. The camera will be level and in the proper angles (360*) I hope this helps.

#3 Dragonflyerthom, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. KBflyer

It just calibrates the gimbal and has nothing to do with the picture video part of the camera

5. Eliphion

Every time I calibrate my gimbal the camera just goes to an upwards left position and stays there. ive left it alone for 10 minutes and nothing happens... What the?

6. Brian Mackey

I have the same issue it does not calibrate back to straight and level in front of the camera I adjust it with the knb on top but seems like it should find home , not sure

7. DerStig

it's gimbal calibration, don't know why they call it camera calibration

8. PatR

Something that may help, and is required if calibrating the ST-16 camera functions, is to be sure all camera rotating controls are in the center position. The pan knob needs to be centered, as does the tilt knob. Off center to either side and that could end up a default limit position. I know that for sure happens when calibrating the -16 camera functions. The same happens with the speed slider during -16 calibrations.

9. BillyTexas

My problem with the gimbal is once i calibrate all looks good then as i fly it starts to tilt to the right .....angling the horizon. that is a part of the gimbal we have no control of.

10. Damien Beebe

Not very impressed with the gimbal on the CGO 3 + in light winds it loses the level horizon ….. for what you pay you would expect more. I have landed and recalibrated the camera and the compass and still having the same problem. Anything I should know???

11. PatR

Describe what you do when you calibrate please. The process seems to mean many different things to many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Damien Beebe

When Calibrating I go into the St16 controler and choose the settings calibration and choose calibration and choose Gimbal calibration and wait for a few minutes till the process has finished. Gimbal does not like windy conditions and I think ig the drone has to fly at an angle to the wind the Gimbal tends to play up. … What do you suggest?

13. PatR

Interesting because our results are a bit different. With mine calibrating the gimbal appears to establish a good level for both calm and windy conditions. I'll presume the H itself has also been calibrated, which may or may not have any influence on the gimbal activity. I don't really know.

Curious, do you take advantage of the gimbal switch for velocity and the lower position? During higher winds the velocity position limits the maximum upper tilt position to keep the props out of the image. Although mine also flies whatever angle is necessary to compensate for the wind the horizon generally remains level even during banked turns and yaw rotation. Maybe removing the gimbal and cleaning the contact points might help?

14. Damien Beebe

This problem has been since I upgraded the firmware…. I have one more firmware to do so shall see if that sorts the problem out. Have not seen a velocity switch that you mentioned.