Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera disconnect after pulling legs up

Reaction score
Does anyone knows why camera is disconnecting when I pull legs UP and is there a quick solution to this.

I never had this problem on my first H but after receiving replacement unit (because some other problems) now camera is disconnecting everytime I pull legs up. This is RealSense model and antennas on the H are outside.

Yikes! Remove the camera and make sure all the electrical contacts are OK, not stuck down.
No? Call Yuneec...

All 6 contacts looks fine to me.
So there is no why this is happening and maybe easy (do it myself) solution to this ?
I remember some users were reporting this problem months ago.
Should I maybe try rebinding ?

And while at it,I would like to ask does anyone knows why they can't set camera to connect with ST16 instantly or much faster ?

Last edited:
There is a wire about one inch long that is located on the right side of the 'H' next just forward of the landing gear strut. Make sure it's clear so the gear doesn't touch it when retracting the gear. It's an antenna wire that just sticks out of the bottom of the 'H'. Always be careful that this wire is not tucked up between the camera and bottom or the 'H' if you remove and replace the camera.
This may or may not help, but just in case make sure you check it.

I have the same problem aswell. Also have the H with RS and the antenna's outside. Sometimes it takes up to 10-15 seconds to re establish connection again. Very frustrating by the way.

Will check what mojoe35 said. Anyway , I thought that video feed antenna is inside camera ball , so I am not sure how legs could touch wire or something.

Solo.....you are good with that 10-15 seconds. I belive my need like 30 seconds everytime.

Last edited:
Solo.....you are good with that 10-15 seconds. I belive my need like 30 seconds everytime.

@dxer, take a look from a different perspective. That start-up time is actually a good thing. Much more important than the camera, this is giving the drone time to lock in on more GPS satellites. When the ST16 first says "READY", be patient. :D

@dxer, take a look from a different perspective. That start-up time is actually a good thing. Much more important than the camera, this is giving the drone time to lock in on more GPS satellites. When the ST16 first says "READY", be patient. :D
It is already enough dor me to wait initial connection and while wait for this I already have like 18 satellites. So don't want to wait another round of video feed connection.

It is already enough dor me to wait initial connection and while wait for this I already have like 18 satellites. So don't want to wait another round of video feed connection.
Exactly, the thing is that the H is Allready up in the air when this happens. It means it drowns my battery and reduces my flight time. To be save I want to land it at 14,6 Volts.

Get over it. The system requires time to boot up, self check, and initiate/connect WiFi. I'll suggest playing chess to develop a little patience.

If the camera is going off line with gear cycling, call Yuneec before the next flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get over it. The system requires time to boot up, self check, and initiate/connect WiFi. I'll suggest playing chess to develop a little patience.

If the camera is going off line with gear cycling, call Yuneec before the next flight.

True, it takes time, but who say's he doesnt take that time? In my case i even wait another minute afther the H gives a solid GPS lock with homepiont recorded, purple light with white blink in Angle mode. I may expect that this would be enough? Even then i first hoover, do my stick response tests and raise the landing gear. Thats when the loss in camera connection happens in my case.

The gear conflicting with the WiFi is certainly something that should not be happening. I sincerely hope anyone experiencing this grounds their aircraft and gets in touch with Yuneec CS. That is where the solution to this problem will be found, and will keep their aircraft intact if it stays grounded until fixed.

yeah, no problem to wait initial connections, but another round is just annoying. i already contacted support, we will see what will they suggest next weeks. Hopefuly this can be somehow sorted out by myself. If not, then I am looking at another 2-3 weeks without H.

Hi.

1st post here as I was looking for a resolve to the same issue - the camera disconnects when legs are raised. Firmware upgrades have made no difference. Hopefully support will give us an answer. Mart

The strange thing is that it doesnt disconnect all the time. Usually 70% ends up in disconnection. I even tried the DBS Intellite antenna. Take-off No problem, later on mid air a screen freeze and a fee seconds later a loss of all telemetry

The strange thing is that it doesnt disconnect all the time. Usually 70% ends up in disconnection. I even tried the DBS Intellite antenna. Take-off No problem, later on mid air a screen freeze and a fee seconds later a loss of all telemetry

Beside losing video feed everytime I pull legs up, once in 5 flights happend this video feed freeze. Telemetry and video recording timer were working fine. Nevertheless I landed to restart copter and ST16. I am still waiting for support to came up with something. Now they act like they never heard this is happening and yet I am obviously not alone.
This video is in German so it is hard to understand. Anyway, my copter is under warranty so I don't want to mess around.

I phoned Yuneec in London today, and they have asked me to send in the camera and they are sending a new one within 48hrs. Good service and I hope the problem is resolved

I phoned Yuneec in London today, and they have asked me to send in the camera and they are sending a new one within 48hrs. Good service and I hope the problem is resolved
Ok so they think that problem is in the camera. Please get back to us with results after you receive it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop