Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera goes diagonal and will not straighten

Reaction score
Hi,
I can't get the gimbal to hold the camera level. It try to calibrate for hours and always end up with the camera grinding it's gears at an odd angle and never finish. While flying, the camera is always almost level to start, but after one or two minutes it will be at a 45 degree angle or worse and there is no way to straighten it up short of landing and power cycling. It has been this way since the beginning, out of the box. Please help!

Hi,
I can't get the gimbal to hold the camera level. It try to calibrate for hours and always end up with the camera grinding it's gears at an odd angle and never finish. While flying, the camera is always almost level to start, but after one or two minutes it will be at a 45 degree angle or worse and there is no way to straighten it up short of landing and power cycling. It has been this way since the beginning, out of the box. Please help!

Grinding? An audible sound? My guess is you've got a burned up motor. You do restart after gimbal calibration correct? It does not finish pointing straight necessarily when it stops moving in calibration.
It should hold level all the time in flight. I'd call YUNEEC and start an RA.

Ok it worked out for me. Yuneec replaced the camera and gimbal and it works fine. The new camera didn't come with a lens cover though. I had sent my old one back with the lens cover on and now I don't have one. I wrote to Yuneec about it in hopes that they will send me one. I't hard to get the drone back into the backpack without it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt