Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not connecting

Yes it is, did what I tell you get you bound? Just need to know if info was corrcet!
Nope. The password 123456890 works only if you select The CGO and not CGO3P. Once bounded The CGO you can GO BACK and select The CGO3P in order to unlock all The functionalities and The Binding still remains

Ok, I figured out how to create a new model and put it in bind mode for the H. I switch back to the default model, repeat on bind. No problem.

It's getting the camera to power up that's the problem. When first pressing the power button on the H, I can hear a faint mechanical sound that appears to come from the gimbal, then silence.

If I didn't know better, I'd say I have a bad gimbal.

Ok, I figured out how to create a new model and put it in bind mode for the H. I switch back to the default model, repeat on bind. No problem.

It's getting the camera to power up that's the problem. When first pressing the power button on the H, I can hear a faint mechanical sound that appears to come from the gimbal, then silence.

If I didn't know better, I'd say I have a bad gimbal.
Call Yuneec tomorrow, their techs (Andrew) are great and if they can't walk you through it, sorry but you will have to send it back?

Nope. The password 123456890 works only if you select The CGO and not CGO3P. Once bounded The CGO you can GO BACK and select The CGO3P in order to unlock all The functionalities and The Binding still remains

Not withstanding the bind problem, was the gimbal at any time unable to power on?

Call Yuneec tomorrow, their techs (Andrew) are great and if they can't walk you through it, sorry but you will have to send it back?

Are you saying your instructions are correct and I'm not doing it right? Seriously. What is it you think I'm missing? Out of the box, I powered it up and the gimbal turned on. What initializes the gimbal to power on and show up in the device list? Is there a procedure separate from the H itself (tilting it 45 degrees until orange lights blink) to put it in bind mode?

The reason I took the gimbal off was because yesterday it was taking a very long time to connect. I opened the Wifi settings noting the signal was very weak, but surmised the GCS was too close to the H. It seems at that time I also noticed the gimbal did not initialize. I then thought maybe it needed to be reinstalled as you suggested. It's been on and off 5-6 times so I highly doubt it's on wrong; pretty good at it now :)

There's a model just for the CGO3+. Do you know what that's for?

Are you saying your instructions are correct and I'm not doing it right? Seriously. What is it you think I'm missing? Out of the box, I powered it up and the gimbal turned on. What initializes the gimbal to power on and show up in the device list? Is there a procedure separate from the H itself (tilting it 45 degrees until orange lights blink) to put it in bind mode?

The reason I took the gimbal off was because yesterday it was taking a very long time to connect. I opened the Wifi settings noting the signal was very weak, but surmised the GCS was too close to the H. It seems at that time I also noticed the gimbal did not initialize. I then thought maybe it needed to be reinstalled as you suggested. It's been on and off 5-6 times so I highly doubt it's on wrong; pretty good at it now :)

Who me? I only told you what I had done, but you may have another issue. You posted back to me, so I am reading this as personal?

I did all the steps you have glider, and it would not bind 3 days ago, I called Yuneec twice and finally got it to bind, I did the Tilt 45 degree thing, ****, he even had me do it 90 degrees front/back and side to side. I had to use the CG03 not Pro to get it to load, tap it till it highlighted with a blue trim around it, and then use the BIND tab on bottom right, not upper left. With the 1234567890 password.

Who me? I only told you what I had done, but you may have another issue. You posted back to me, so I am reading this as personal?
Maybe I should have worded it differently, but trust me it was rhetorical when I said "seriously"; nothing personal at all. I should have been more to the point and said "I'm flustered because I can't figure it out and feel like a dumbass, it's 70 degrees outside, sunshine. hardly a breeze with a K-Index of 1 and I'm not flying, what did I screw up". Even if you gave me wrong information I would not assign blame or be upset; it comes with the territory in this hobby. I've been doing this RC stuff for too many decades to expect every answer to be correct or understood, and have made many mistakes with trial and error.

Reactions: DroneClone
I did all the steps you have glider, and it would not bind 3 days ago, I called Yuneec twice and finally got it to bind, I did the Tilt 45 degree thing, ****, he even had me do it 90 degrees front/back and side to side. I had to use the CG03 not Pro to get it to load, tap it till it highlighted with a blue trim around it, and then use the BIND tab on bottom right, not upper left. With the 1234567890 password.

The $1299 question is, was the gimbal powering on and it just wouldn't bind? The gimbal is acting like its dead. Maybe that's normal and part of the "bind" procedure. Like I said, this Yuneec is brand new territory for me.....completely out of phase from what I'm attuned to.

My gimbal lays limp and does nothing for 2 minutes at times. I don't understand what is wrong. do you push and hold one time the power button for 2-3 seconds till the power on sound and not two pushes like the P3? Wish I was there to see what exactly it is doing!

It is flyable, just no camera. I've let it sit for 5-10 minutes, no camera connect.

A light on the gimbal should turn on and initialize as I recall right after the H starts. Wifi can't connect if the gimbal doesn't power up. I put in a call to Yuneec support and am hoping they'll say "stupid is as stupid does" and it will be a simple fix.

Reactions: DroneClone
Bad news. Yuneec Tech Support says.....send it back. There is a power issue to the camera. They can't see where I could have done anything in the settings to cause the camera not to power up.

I don't have time to get another GP and have the lens replaced, so I may make a trip the Apple store and buy a P4 for the upcoming weekend and trip. If that messes up, then someone doesn't want me to go.

Bad news. Yuneec Tech Support says.....send it back. There is a power issue to the camera. They can't see where I could have done anything in the settings to cause the camera not to power up.

I don't have time to get another GP and have the lens replaced, so I may make a trip the Apple store and buy a P4 for the upcoming weekend and trip. If that messes up, then someone doesn't want me to go.
That sucks!, I got tired of waiting for the H and pissed went out and bought a P4 too! now I have both!

`This friend has a Typhoon H. It flew fine yesterday, but last night he decided to play with the GCS and somehow today the camera doesn't show up in the device list and won't connect.

I advised to reload the firmware on the camera as it doesn't power up when booting the copter. He went to download the firmware, and it's "access denied".

The ST16 connects fine to the H.

Ok I lied, it was me that did it.
I'm having the same issue did you fix it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval