Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. SevenTypesOfDumb

I have searched these threads and can't find anyone with this problem, so maybe it's just me.

I went to use the H last night record my daughter's high school marching band and I could get the video image on the controller, but there was absolutely NO control for the gimbal panning or the up/down control. It would beep when I tried to use those functions. The light on the camera was a solid green. I could take pictures and start the video, just ZERO control. I am completely stumped.
    I spoke to a tech at Yuneec last week regarding it and he said that the same connectivity that shows the video is also what allows for camera control.

I am wondering if the camera/gimbal might be bad. Note - I am on the newest firmware.

Side Note - at one point during my numerous attempts at restarts and reconnects, the screen said "Camera failed to initialize" or "failed to connect" I'm not sure of the exact verbiage. I was too ticked off at that point and I was just ready to be done with the H.

Any thoughts?

2. KBflyer

Have you tried a rebind of the camera? Might help.

3. SevenTypesOfDumb

Great question. Yes, three separate times. Same issue.

4. KBflyer

OK so the pins on the gimbal mount are they in good condition and I know its hard to tell but are they lining up to their mates?

5. KBflyer

6. SevenTypesOfDumb

Thanks for the quick help. I will check on the pins.

7. abinder

My ST16 controller display almost always says something about failing to connect or initialize the camera even though I am getting video from the camera. But, that message usually goes away within a minute or two.

When you state you have zero control, do you mean both pan and tilt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. abinder

Also, are you turning on the ST16 controller before the aircraft?

I always wait for the display of the ST16 to fully come up (the normal display when everything is operating) until I turn on the Typhoon H. That way, I know the ST16 has fully initializes before I turn in the aircraft.

(Sometimes I wonder if the problems people experience are from things not initializing fully in the correct order.)

9. SevenTypesOfDumb

Correct, no control for both pan and tilt.

10. SevenTypesOfDumb

I do turn on the controller first and wait. I might not be waiting long enough for complete initialization to occur. I'll check today. thx for the response.

abinder likes this.
  11. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

So it had been working right before, but not working now.
    Are the 2 left switches in the middle position? I suppose you tried re-calibration?

12. SevenTypesOfDumb

Yes to both. Still nothing.

13. SevenTypesOfDumb

Tried everything that tech support threw at me today and they are stumped. Sending the entire gimbal/camera assembly back for their tech support to look at.

14. madatme

my h was perfect until the oct update came out and that is what happened to mine, no camera control only image, back to the shop for repair

15. PatR

Check the binding page on the ST-16. The system may not be seeing the autopilot, which is reflected in the left side column. If the H is not listed it needs to be refreshed and rebound.