Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera wires broke off circuit board

Reaction score
Had my first crash with a 3 day old Q54K. The camera mount came apart and 3 wires disconnected from the mounts circuit board. And I couldn't find the rubber shock absorber. Dang it!

I emailed Yuneec and hope to hear something soon.

Just thought I'd share. This thing STILL rocks! Just user error.
20151108_111400.jpg

Great news! And it is good to hear more positive CS reports.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have the same problem, could you please tell me what they did? Did they tell you where each cable connects?

And, thanks to talking to Axel P. in Cali, problem fixed. Yuneec has great techs and customer service.
Did they give you a Part Number for a replacement Board and Wire Harness? If so, please share. Removing 3 screws and taking the Board out still just leaves you with the same problem, right? Disconnected wiring?

I've had numerous flights since removing the board and wires, everything's working fine. These disconnected wires and the wire we plug in are, apparently, the same thing.

Axel, the Yuneec tech said as much. I kept the board and cover just in case. Also, the Steady Grip works fine.
20151109_173652.jpg

Does someone know the proper wire connection points? I just can't understand fleamac's answer. Sorry.

Hit a branch in flight. The camera/gimbal assembly separated from the mount plate. The four rubber isolators became separated. The four black wires stayed with the gimbal and broke off the pc board that is part of the mount plate. Since all the wires are the same color, I am trying to determine which wire solders where.

I had a Blade 350 with Gimbal. I put zip ties thru my little rubber dampers, loosely so it would not cause a vibration but just enough in case it tried to fall off. It save me once. I heard on another site that Yuneec will void the warranty if you do this. Not sure why.

Thanks. Indeed, they recommend that you do not do that and will void the warranty. They prefer that the camera come off like mine did if there is a crash. If you prevent this, you will crack some of the plastic parts which may be more costly to repair.

Does someone know the proper wire connection points? I just can't understand fleamac's answer. Sorry.

I was at Drones Plus in Phoenix, and they had a Q500 in for the "ripped out" wires. They didn't know how to fix it.

Upon close inspection, I found that the three solder pads on the circuit board were clearly marked "PWM" "GND" and "VCC".

Just resolder the wire to the appropriate pads. Install an additional section of wire if the wires are not long enough, using heat shrink to insulate the soldered joint.

You can use the cable that came with the Q500 in lieu of the surface contacts, and not need to do the repair.

RodeoGeorge

And, thanks to talking to Axel P. in Cali, problem fixed. Yuneec has great techs and customer service.
could you please give me a detailed explanation of how you fixed it? it's a weekend so customer support not available and I have experienced the exact same damage as yours..the 3 wires have snapped off the circuit board. also in my case, the PWM wire appears to have taken a piece of the circuit board with it :((
thanks.

I was at Drones Plus in Phoenix, and they had a Q500 in for the "ripped out" wires. They didn't know how to fix it.

Upon close inspection, I found that the three solder pads on the circuit board were clearly marked "PWM" "GND" and "VCC".

Just resolder the wire to the appropriate pads. Install an additional section of wire if the wires are not long enough, using heat shrink to insulate the soldered joint.

You can use the cable that came with the Q500 in lieu of the surface contacts, and not need to do the repair.

RodeoGeorge
hi, what cable are you specifically referring to? and how do I use it in place of the wires?
thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatezzz