Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can return home altitude be set higher than 400' with latest firmware

Reaction score
I just updated with the latest firmware (v03.01.b30 on ST16 and AP 1.35 on drone) and live in the US. I updated so I could set the altititude through the GUI >400' since I live in an area with >360' bluffs all around (Mississippi River valley) and need to clear the tree tops when taking of in the valley. My question is, is there a way to also increase the return home altitude > 400'. The trees in the area are very tall and I need >400' to safely clear them if I need to use the RTH function if drone ever drifts behind a hill. BTW, I ran 2 batteries through tonight with this update and everything is fine and I can fly > 400'. I am new here and enjoy all the great info available for newbies so thanks ahead of time and apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere but it could also be tied to the latest firmware.

No, that's a great question. As you know, with the latest firmware you can set the max height to the moon. OK, not quite. I set mine to 300 meters.

Now, just before you turn on RTH, go up to whatever you need, within your max set range. For example, go to 500 '. Now when you engage RTH, it will stay at 500' whilst heading back.

On your ST-16, there is a setting for RTH height. If you are below the set height, it will gain altitude to the set height and return to home and self land near the last known position of the ST-16. If it is above your set height, it will remain at that height and return to home and self land near the last known position of the ST-16.

Thanks for the replies. It is good to know if I ever loose link between ST-16 and drone, altitude will be maintained and in my case not drop below the hilltop level when returning assuming I was above hilltop level when I lost connection. Now I just need to be brave enough and flip to RTH and let the machine do its thing sometime to build up some confidence in this function :)'

Also remember, if you flip the RTH switch on, you still can control the H durring the landing. You can also at any time flip back to ANGLE or SMART mode. Hitting RTH is NOT a final thing and it can be canceled.

Reactions: yuneec53
Thanks for the replies. It is good to know if I ever loose link between ST-16 and drone, altitude will be maintained and in my case not drop below the hilltop level when returning assuming I was above hilltop level when I lost connection. Now I just need to be brave enough and flip to RTH and let the machine do its thing sometime to build up some confidence in this function :)'

MButen,

Might be best to confirm what altitude the H will use if signal is lost. I looked in the manual and cannot locate anything specific at the moment. I do not believe it acts the same way as Return to Home, meaning if the H does not have altitude to clear the bluffs at time of signal loss, it may end up in the bluffs.

In your situation, it might be best to know for sure by calling Yuneec and getting the correct information.

By the way, your Mississippi River Bluffs... by chance up in the north country? North of Iowa is north country, with respect to the great river! :)

Jeff

The H will not descend to the RTH altitude if it is already above it. The RTH altitude is the minimum altitude it climbs to before returning home.

MButen,

By the way, your Mississippi River Bluffs... by chance up in the north country? North of Iowa is north country, with respect to the great river! :)

Jeff

Yep in Minnesota. Lots and lots of bald eagles in area especially this time of year, I have read they will at times go after a drone...hopefully I do not experience this...

Yep in Minnesota. Lots and lots of bald eagles in area especially this time of year, I have read they will at times go after a drone...hopefully I do not experience this...

I have seen a few already this winter/spring. Not unusual to see or two every day. I think we have at least three that nest around the lake I am on. Will definitely have the eyes scanning the skies!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio