Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can We Agree On A Battery Level?

My batteries got very low. Brought it down to a few feet off the ground to take a picture and it attacked me! Think error code engine 5 came up. Anyone have any similar incidents? Yuneec had no answer and has not contacted me back yet. bc

..were you in smart mode - is so, maybe it was going through you to get out of your way :)

My batteries got very low. Brought it down to a few feet off the ground to take a picture and it attacked me! Think error code engine 5 came up. Anyone have any similar incidents? Yuneec had no answer and has not contacted me back yet. bc
.. or maybe it was trying to go home since the battery was low..

On a complete new charge, my battery reads 16.6 or 16.7v. I get a low battery warning about 14.3v.

On a complete new charge, my battery reads 16.6 or 16.7v. I get a low battery warning about 14.3v.

Fully Charged Battery Voltage should be 16.8 (4x 4.2) but 16.6 or 16.7 is OK. The Low battery warning is too late. At 14.3 Volts the Battery is down to less than 5%. You need to be on the Ground at 14.8 Volts, that's 15%. As soon as you land, the Battery (no longer under Load) will recover to about 14.9 Volts (20%) - any lower than that will damage the battery. This is all assuming that the readout on the ST16 is correct. As soon as I see 15 Volts, I land, that leaves 25% in the Battery.

Fully Charged Battery Voltage should be 16.8 (4x 4.2) but 16.6 or 16.7 is OK. The Low battery warning is too late. At 14.3 Volts the Battery is down to less than 5%. You need to be on the Ground at 14.8 Volts, that's 15%. As soon as you land, the Battery (no longer under Load) will recover to about 14.9 Volts (20%) - any lower than that will damage the battery. This is all assuming that the readout on the ST16 is correct. As soon as I see 15 Volts, I land, that leaves 25% in the Battery.
Exactly my point in my earlier post #12.

Note: No one has been able to answer me on this, but is it at all possible to adjust the battery warning level values in the ST16? As currently shipped the default values are not only useless, but totally put the pilot, vehicle, and anyone nearby at risk from a crash and the resulting damage it would inflict. IMHO of course.

Exactly my point in my earlier post #12.

Note: No one has been able to answer me on this, but is it at all possible to adjust the battery warning level values in the ST16? As currently shipped the default values are not only useless, but totally put the pilot, vehicle, and anyone nearby at risk from a crash and the resulting damage it would inflict. IMHO of course.

As far as I can see there is no way on the ST16 (or in the GUI) to change the battery warning levels.

As much as I hated my Phantom 2v+, I seem to remember you could set the warning levels.
Well I've never been a Phantom owner but I have built several quads and hexes over the last couple of years utilizing the DJI Naza-M FC. With that hardware it is indeed possible to modify battery warnings, set your geofence to your hearts content, and change the RTH altitude as well. However, I am in NO WAY a fan of DJI or their terrible customer service!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone