Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Capabilities of the Q500 G

I find the lack of GoPro functionality on the station to be a minor issue. I paid a lot less for my G and expected less functionality. I'm a new drone owner, so I'm just learning the ins and outs.

Jen

Maybe that's why GoPro was trading at $93.00 a few months ago, and is now at $18.00 :eek:. Maybe they should share, and get on board the UAS train. If they miss out, all of the other guys (Canon, Nikon, etc.) will win out after all.
Last year around this time for a short period they were up, up to $94.775 actually, but the days they were worth $90+ was just for 3 days. Thats how stocks work, they go up & they go down. The latest hit was due to the Apple rumor. Also with all the copycats out now they are working in a saturated market. They do collaborate, as they did with DJI until the partnership fell apart and they currently work with 3DR. Lets hope the release of the Karma quad coptor lifts them up again. (see what I did there ;))

Hi...firefly 6s have remote cable to can control video and picture mode and start stop but some how need to fine out st10 extra chennel to add some how...

Reactions: Gavinabe
For those who are un-decided. I debated the gopro issue for some time and then decided it wasn't an issue so I bought the drone and setup for the gopro few weeks ago and it works great for me.

Battery life on drones is limited anyways and the gopro far exceeds probably all the batteries you have pilled up for the day so why not just turn it on and let it record everything. Thats what I have been doing and it works out great.

The gopro in my opinion is far superior to the stock camera and I already had one so thats a huge cost savings off the whole drone setup and It works with all my other things I already have. The gimble is flawless. I flew in 30 mile an hour winds this weekend so bad it actually blew the drone over when I landed but the video was level and crystal clear through the whole flight. The gimble controls work great . The FPV to the ST10 screen is great (about a .25 second lag) at 600 feet out

So the only feature that is really missing is I cant take a photo on demand. I can live with that. As stated above somewhere. Just set the gopro to take video and photos if you need both. I have been using a 128GB SDHC card and have yet to fill it up in 16 flights so far. Personally I would rather just grab everything and then I can sort out later what I want and dont want instead relying on myself to "snap" at the perfect time to get that one perfect shot.

and by going with this setup, you are not locked into a proprietary camera. Do get me wrong the integrated camera is very good. A friend of mine has one and the quality is great. but with the gopro setup you can change the 3,4 or upcoming 5 as well as if you get the insurance at best buy for 40.00 on the gopo when you buy it. They will replace the camera should you crash your drone. Yuneec does not cover this in warranty. That is worth the whole deal to me right there.

And last but not least, when I'm done with the drone, I can pull the camera and use it for all the other things I'm out doing.

So to me, this is the better option.

Reactions: Parman27
From my understanding Yuneec has quit producing the "G" (GoPro) version which I think is a shame because the GoPro is great. The buttons on the S10+ for camera control start/stop and for video/photo do not work.

I use a GoPro remote. It reaches up to about 500-600 feet with no obstructions. you change modes and start stop and the remote also has a little screen on it that mimics the one on the camera.

P.S> Yuneec has told me via telephone that they will continue to support the G version. I love my Typhoon G, it is great and where I live there is a lot of wind which the Typhoon handles very nicely. My other drones (smaller in size) have considerable problems with the breezy conditions here in central Alaska.

Last edited:
Hi - I read somewhere a long time ago that the GoPro remote can upset the controller or viewing, What has been your experience of using the remote?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech