Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Brian Mackey

2. Brandon Lowe

I would sure like to hear what benefit these blades will give us.

3. Brian Mackey

well your wallet will fit better, and, umm , well do we have 9 inch blades now? and 28 bucks for 6 vs 20 bucks for two eh...

QuadBart likes this.
  4. DroneClone

They cut you better when you hand catch and it flips over into your loving arms! LOL !:eek:

Subtle Shots, NRRTRAINS and QuadBart like this.
  5. Brian Mackey

good to know , so im good! LOL

6. QuadBart

The story up here at altitude is they are supposed to offer a bit more lift as they flex less. Altitudes above 8000' ASL. I'd like to try them to see if they offer any benefit as I fly regularly above 10,000' ASL. But as DC mentions about getting cut, i've seen some pics of people badly cut by CF blades has me a bit leery..

7. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

One of my gatekeepers says this is a beware.

8. Mojoe35

Any idea what pitch the CF props are? The stock props we have now are also 9". I think I'll just stay with these as I haven't had any problem lifting off or staying airborne with them. And they are also very quiet!

9. abinder

What ???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Subtle Shots

Adds to the camera jello effect

11. KBflyer

On sale now for $47.99

We have the strict QC for the balance. The first step is to shaped by the machine, then the workers will balance the blades themselves. In the end, the colleagues at the shipping department will check the propellers one by one before delivery.

Carbon fiber props produce less vibration due to their stiffness, and they are more quiet too when spinning.

Less jello in the video.

They are lighter and significantly stronger than plastic when crashed, but not indestructible.

Come balanced straight out of the box (usually).

Perform well under high RPM (work well with high KV motors).

Light weight props mean less inertia, thus faster motor speed change, and the control feels more responsive.

Product Highlights:

Re-engineered with Airflow Tested for Steamline, Low Resistance

Made by Strong Re-enforced Top Quality Imported Carbon Fiber

Very Durable, Break-proof Technology

More Rigid and Lighter Weight

Made of Full Carbon Fiber

Well Balanced before delivery

High performance prop feature hollow blades fabricated from uni-directional and bi-directional carbon fiber and epoxy. The finish is a beautiful high gloss, clear epoxy gel-coat over black woven carbon fiber.

12. PatR

Although I'm a proponent of CF propellers and have been for a decade or more, some of the advertising points in FJ's post don't seem to be right. I find it difficult to believe a carbon prop in the diameter we use to be hollow. As one that works with carbon it's just much too difficult to lay up something this small and thin with a hollow core. It's possible to use a thin foam sheet as a central form and vacuum pressure laminate over it but that does not make a hollow core. Doing that would refute the "made of full carbon fiber" statement though.

Carbon fiber is not break proof but is very rigid. It does chip and shatter when striking something so careful inspections of the propeller hub are necessary when running into things with a carbon prop. They are more efficient in rapid transfer of thrust loads due to greater rigidity but there usually isn't much difference when operated in a steady state load condition. They do perform better at higher RPM, minimizing blade twist at the root, which is wildly destructive for plastic props.

Balance is balance, regardless of the material used. If the blades and hub are not well balanced induced vibration will be present regardless of what the base material is. Never believe any advertising that states propellers are balanced at the factory. They might make a stab at balancing but to depending on that statement to be an absolute is folly. They might be close to balanced but there's often some room for improvement.

I like the airflow tested statement. It suggests they have a wind tunnel, but that's unlikely since it's a massive $$ investment to make for a small company.

Wood, plastic, carbon, the dangers of a blade strike against flesh are always present. I've seen fingers severed with wood props, hands and arms butchered by plastic props, with similar results from carbon. We should not blame a propeller for causing a serious injury, but lack of safe operating practices by the users.

I went with carbon props for my Chroma and have not regretted it for a moment. If the price was a little better I would certainly try them out on the H for a long term performance test.

Lotatoys likes this.
  13. sbgixxer

Better price? Aren't stock plastic blades $40 for a full set? $8 extra for carbon is worth a go in my book. Yeah, at $60, it might be a stretch unless performance was noticeably enhanced.

abinder likes this.
  14. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

My worry is that while plastic breaks easier, it also relieves the stress the motors would take during a blade strike.
    Carbon would transfer more of the impact to the motors and mounts.

15. DroneClone

But they are better for cutting meat!:rolleyes:

Hun il Lee, GRH and QuadBart like this.
  16. raptorheli2

if these are of good quality then you would never use the plastic again for the price difference.

carbon blades are normally lighter, better airfoil (longer flight time if so) and trust me, they will still break in a bump. if anything carbon is more fragile in a way as stones may write them off, normally plastic would survive.

as for cutting meat, they will be not much different to the plastic ones in this respect so the safety issue is pretty much no different. if you hit someone with plastic or carbon it will still do similar damage so best avoid as best possible, i.e fly in safe places.

17. Brian Mackey

set of 6 stock blades 28 bucks on amazon

horizontal likes this.
  18. abinder

When I looked yesterday, they mentioned carbon fiber props were still on a pre-order status.
    (Maybe they aren't now, but yesterday they were.)

#18 abinder, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  19. DroneClone

And a plastic baseball bat over the head hurts the same as a wooden one! I'll argue this one with you my friend!

QuadBart likes this.
  20. Sparkorc

I second that they are more likely to add the dreaded jello effect, and they will defiantly do more serious damage should a blade accidentally strike any part of person or animal.

I never found using carbon fiber on a phantom gave any better flight results in fact they were not as good as well balanced original plastic props performed, others may disagree but that was my findings on my old phantom.

I believe my conclusion would be the same if I fitted carbon fiber props to my TH.

#20 Sparkorc, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016