Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Case for ST-16 and Itelite DBS

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this up on the forum. I recently upgraded my ST16 and added the Itelite antenna kit which has enabled me to now run three external antenna's off my ST16. Rather than removing the antenna each time I want to fly, I opted to leave it attached to the radio and therefore had to get a separate case for the radio.
I got this one from a local hardware store for about $30.00. At this stage, it is suitable for what I need and meets my budget.
Hope this info may be helpful to other users out there.IMG_1670.jpgIMG_1671.jpgIMG_1672.jpg

Just thought I'd throw this up on the forum. I recently upgraded my ST16 and added the Itelite antenna kit which has enabled me to now run three external antenna's off my ST16. Rather than removing the antenna each time I want to fly, I opted to leave it attached to the radio and therefore had to get a separate case for the radio.
I got this one from a local hardware store for about $30.00. At this stage, it is suitable for what I need and meets my budget.
Hope this info may be helpful to other users out there.View attachment 4672View attachment 4673View attachment 4674
I don't know why I didn't think of this. I have a nice bag for the drone but absolutely hate removing the antenna. I hope to find something of that quality and for that price. Thanks for sharing.

For general information, most of the RC aero hobby distributors sell various sized cases for RC transmitters. A two transmitter case is plenty large enough to store the ST-16. Most all of them are filled with "pick and pluck" foam that allows you to custom fit your transmitter into the protective foam. Pricing is often similar to what you paid for your case. A couple of suppliers would be Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobbies. There are others as well but those two were the first that come to mind. A good camera store is another source of nice cases, but usually more expensive. If we want to spend a lot of money there's always places like Pelican.

Since I work at a place that uses a lot of foam I just grabbed a large piece and hogged out the center of it to fit the ST-16. Did the same with another long piece of foam for the batteries. They lay flat in my pick up for shock proof transport. I wasn't in need for a case at the time but now that I have two ST-16's I see a case being something on the near horizon.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval