Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Case idea for carry-on baggage

The problem is i cant link to amazon.com, not allowed for europeans.
But it should be no problem to find it on the us site, and you have found it.
So anyways, important is, that you know about it and this case is really great in my opinion.
Is the styrofoam case trimmed to fit into this backpack? Is it about 10" or 25cm thick when packed?

It's 25cm thick when packed, doesn't matter if you use the styrofoam or not, the backpack itself has 25cm.
The styrofoam is not included. I just trimmed a styrofoam that i had in my stuff inventory and use it as a top layer for additional protection.
But you don't need to use a foam.

I meant the styrofoam that came with the YTH, the black sytrofoam, not the white flexible foam padding. Did you have to trim the black styrofoam to get it to fit in the case?

I meant the styrofoam that came with the YTH, the black sytrofoam, not the white flexible foam padding. Did you have to trim the black styrofoam to get it to fit in the case?

No the downside part of the black styrofoam fits completly in without any trimming, only the upper part, the top part, not.
And therefor i use the white styrofoam as a top layer protection.

Reactions: HarveyC
No the downside part of the black styrofoam fits completly in without any trimming, only the upper part, the top part, not.
And therefor i use the white styrofoam as a top layer protection.

Just wanted to say thanks Lordbrummi for posting about the Cabin max bag. Mine arrived today and its a great bag. Everything fits great and it means I can carry my Typhoon around on my bike no problem.

Quick update, I am flying out of DC today and going through TSA with the H was a breeze. No issues at all!!!!! The Samsonite bag fits well under the seat and overhead bins.

Quick update, I am flying out of DC today and going through TSA with the H was a breeze. No issues at all!!!!! The Samsonite bag fits well under the seat and overhead bins.
Have a great vacation. What airline and type of aircraft, may I ask? Did you carry a second piece of carry-on baggage and take this bag as your "personal" bag?

OK...so a roughly 10.5" high drone (plus padding from the bag) fits upright in the overhead bin and underneath a seat? With no modifications to the drone (ie special folding, removing camera, legs, etc)?

Thanks Harvey. I flew united on a 737. I had a carryon and this was my personal bag. No issues at all. There were no modifications to the drone. It almost seems like this bag was built for this drone. Height was not an issue at all.

Just wanted to say thanks Lordbrummi for posting about the Cabin max bag. Mine arrived today and its a great bag. Everything fits great and it means I can carry my Typhoon around on my bike no problem.

Thanks, therefor i've made the vid.
The Cabin Max is great on hikes or bike tours.

I posted this idea a couple of weeks ago but am giving this more thought even though I don't have any immediate travel plans (had hoped to go to Thailand next month but don't think I'll be able to get away).

My idea is to remove the gimbal camera and then fold the rotor arms slightly up to reduce height below 9" so that it can fit in a carry-on case that is 9" deep. Can unfold the arms into flying position as that would require a case much too wide.

Here is a Pelican case that could probably work with this approach:

www.amazon.com/Pelican-1510-000-110-Carry-Case-Black/dp/B0002SKHIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464148900&sr=8-1&keywords=pelican+carry+on+case

I would maybe also check my backpack as baggage (empty except foam inserts) so that I'd have it to carry around once I was touring.

Thoughts?
Buy a Pellican case with the pluck and pull cubes. They are amazing, rugged, and will certainly protect the drone from just about anything.

Buy a Pellican case with the pluck and pull cubes. They are amazing, rugged, and will certainly protect the drone from just about anything.
I've already talked about Pelican cases. I have one already for camera gear storage so am quite familiar with them. The 1510 is too small to fit the YTH and the 1610 is too big to be used for carry-on baggage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430