Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Catch landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who still think drone hand-catching is a safe thing to do, check out the online video of popular singer Enrique Iglesias hand-catching a video drone onstage as he had done several times before as part of his act. However, this time things go horribly wrong, and the singer finds himself holding on to the wrong end of everything, attempting to fling the drone away in apparent pain. The drone appears smaller than a Typhoon, with only 4 props. Iglesias not only suffered severe cuts on his fingers that made him have to quickly rush offstage to seek medical help, but it was later discovered his injuries were far worse than initially thought, having a severe hand fracture and more.

You can be sure the singer had practiced this maneuver MANY times offstage under the watchful eyes of his handlers before making it a part of his act, but despite all of that this dangerous accident still happened to him. And once is all it takes. I value the fingers and hands I was born with and my other body parts, too, and I do not take them for granted. Others may choose to willingly place theirs in jeopardy, but I intend to go to the grave with all of my body parts as intact as possible.

Was he in charge of flying the drone (Controller in hand)? No! Heck, I wouldn't catch my H if someone else was flying it!

We all understand the ramifications of hand catching. We are all adults here! You either will or will not hand catch. It's your preference.

I don't know why we need to keep beating this dead horse. . .

Reactions: Kris Bates
I believe everyone should make their own choice and act accordingly. Just be informed and accept responsibility for however it works out. There are certainly conditions where a desire to fly may require hand catching. Watch the Captain Drone videos to see how he does it. He sets a good example in establishing a stable aircraft before reaching for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11