Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET Controls and Settings

This is an interesting video showing how it works in practise - very impressive low light results:

OK for very limited use. Needs to be at least double the resolution for me to consider it. Thanks for posting. Its the first video I've seen of the ET showing test performance in actual flight.

OK for very limited use. Needs to be at least double the resolution for me to consider it. Thanks for posting. Its the first video I've seen of the ET showing test performance in actual flight.

Good luck with that. The latest FLIR camera announced at CES has a LOWER resolution than the CGO-ET. The FLIR cameras that are higher resolution seem to cost twice as much as the CGO-ET. What's your use case?

Good luck with that. The latest FLIR camera announced at CES has a LOWER resolution than the CGO-ET. The FLIR cameras that are higher resolution seem to cost twice as much as the CGO-ET. What's your use case?

My use is varied. Knowing that I am looking at an immobile human from 200ft would be a start. Of course that would involve better radiant resolution and more pixels and higher cost. Not complaining, it is probably the best integrated system for the price.....just not for me.

My use is varied. Knowing that I am looking at an immobile human from 200ft would be a start. Of course that would involve better radiant resolution and more pixels and higher cost. Not complaining, it is probably the best integrated system for the price.....just not for me.

Why do you need higher resolution? Genuine question here - you'd still get hot pixels, there aren't that many things that put out human sized amounts of heat? You don't need to resolve details to spot a human, and the low light camera helps as well.

Why?? I want to definitively say there is a human from 200ft minimum above.

What I mean is, just because it's low resolution doesn't mean you cannot pick up a heat signature. And any heat signature is pretty likely to be a human - unless you're flying above a herd of cows :)

What I mean is, just because it's low resolution doesn't mean you cannot pick up a heat signature. And any heat signature is pretty likely to be a human - unless you're flying above a herd of cows :)

I really do like the integration yuneec has done. Maybe they will come out with a higher spec thermal. For the cost at this time however, I don't think this can be beat. I'm sure it will sell.

on FLIR's website today, the VUE is 336x256 for $1499.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal