Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET - Image editing

Reaction score
If you have a CGO-ET, I need your help!

There have been a few comments about getting information out of the files the CGO-ET generates. So, I've written a tool that allows you to analyse and edit themal images after you've flown.

Here's an example:

thermal.jpg

You can view this project online here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

When you create a project, you can change the palette, opacity, positioning and high and low temperature points in the editor and create a new image with the results. The tool also reports the temperature at the center point and estimates the temperature range.

Here's where you can help: The temperature estimation is based on a few tests with a single camera, so it may not be very accurate (though the center point should be correct if you calibrated your camera correctly). The more files I can analyse, the better I can figure out how the sensor behaves.

So if you have a CGO-ET camera, please consider uploading some of your images so I can get more calibration information. The more variety the better, and please report any odd results that you get.

The tool is quite experimental for the moment, so I can't give any guarantees. Uploading takes a bit of time - you need to choose a .tif thermal image from the SD-Card in the CGO-ET and the corresponding Jpeg (which needs to be 1920x1080 - not sure if that's the default??). I'm afraid you need a UAV Toolbox registration to upload, to prevent people abusing the server. Projects created with this tool are private unless you tick the 'Anyone can view' checkbox in the editor.

Click on the web link above to get started.

Any questions - feel free to ask.

I have the specs, but that doesn't give things like the sensitivity curve or lens distortion. It's good enough to give temperature readings and reasonable match up to the image, but I can't give error estimates or variation between cameras.

Certainly what I have is enough for reporting and some basic measurements, so if anyone has particular reporting requirements I should be able to explore that.

Just bumping this thread up again. I'm getting some useful information about the thermal camera, but I need more.

If you have taken thermal pictures - particularly with high or low temperatures at the center point (below 5 centigrade, 41 farenheight, or above 30 centigrade, 86 farenheight), please could you upload a couple on that page?

I've got a cgo-et on its way to me. Once it arrives I'll get any pics you want done.
Hopefully be here Friday.

Reactions: Tuna
Woohoo it arrived!
Had a little play with it at work tonight. Only had a walk around with it viewing various bits of kit around the workshop. It's a very nice piece of kit.
I was surprised that when I play back video on vlc player it has the thermal video as well as the low light video. (I heard reports that it only recorded the visable light vid.) Now if only we could blend them. I suppose we can take the thermal vid from the ST16 and use that to do a blend in powerdirector with the normal vid.

Tuna - if you let me know what you would like in the pics I'll try and get some done over the weekend.

Reactions: Elitedrone
Woohoo it arrived!
Had a little play with it at work tonight. Only had a walk around with it viewing various bits of kit around the workshop. It's a very nice piece of kit.
I was surprised that when I play back video on vlc player it has the thermal video as well as the low light video. (I heard reports that it only recorded the visable light vid.) Now if only we could blend them. I suppose we can take the thermal vid from the ST16 and use that to do a blend in powerdirector with the normal vid.

Tuna - if you let me know what you would like in the pics I'll try and get some done over the weekend.
Hi, I am very interested in getting more information about your experience with this CGO-ET, and others too of course, since I am about to pull the trigger on getting one :)

I'm still working out the camera response - and your images are helping me get some understanding of the sensor. The response profile appears to change, so I'm working on understanding quite what's happening there. I'm talking with a few people about tools for getting more information and reports out of this camera - watch this space!

@Tuna

I have been watching this space looking forward to you doing great things for the CGO-ET. I really do want one for Roof Inspections and Solar Panels. I am waiting for the H520, but if this camera won't do the job it's a deal breaker.

Drop me a private message saying what you've uploaded and your registration and I'll delete things for you :)

Hi Tuna,
now all my files are erased and I have no more upload option?

You may need to log in again. I've not yet removed your files, so everything should be unchanged.

There was an interesting article about solar inspections and equipment a couple days ago in sUAS News. If you want I could find it again and post a link. Nice info about camera requirements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio