Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET Thermal Images

Reaction score
Trying to upload thermal image from cgo-et. The camera saves images in a different way than normal.boiler.jpg YUN00014.jpeg YUN00014.jpg
The first image is from a Flir E60bx hand held unit. I uploaded it as a comparison image. It is an image of a boiler unit for home heating. What you are looking at are the valves and lines for the hot water for different zones of the house heating. To the far left of the image is a hot water tank. The spot on the tank that looks very hot is actually reflectivity from a light bulb in the ceiling. The next image is from the cgo-et of a array of solar panels. You can see that 12 panels are bad. Likely from a wiring problem to start. The last image is the visible image the cgo-et took at the same time as the thermal one. The cgo-et takes a third image as well that is a tiff format. However it was a blank as I tried to save it. Hope this helps with CGO-ET questions.

Attachments

• YUN00014.jpg
    YUN00014.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking?

The TIFF image is raw thermal data and needs to be processed to get a visible image. You can use the online tool at UAV Toolbox to combine the high resolution visible image and the thermal data into an overlay with your choice of palette and temperature range.

Here is the web page: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

@Tuna

I wasn't asking anything. Another member had asked for images from the CGO-ET to be posted so they could see them. I was only trying to accommodate them. I do have UAV Toolbox loaded on my st16. I will be getting around to learning it here soon.

@Tuna

I wasn't asking anything. Another member had asked for images from the CGO-ET to be posted so they could see them. I was only trying to accommodate them. I do have UAV Toolbox loaded on my st16. I will be getting around to learning it here soon.

hi DJ,

I am with Tuna. I was wondering what your question was until I read your whole post.

Perhaps a better title might be: "Thermal Image Samples" rather than posing as a question.

No worries... there are many posts here where the title is very misleading. A proper title could go a long way toward getting attention for the point of many posts, rather than leaving some of us scratching our heads. Not saying some of us readers couldn't be at fault for being just a little slow on the uptake. :(

Jeff

Jeff

I can see your point. I started with the question mark because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get the image up. I should have realized my title was confusing. Some days I should get my brain in gear before my fingers start typing. Sorry for the upset.

Jeff

I can see your point. I started with the question mark because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get the image up. I should have realized my title was confusing. Some days I should get my brain in gear before my fingers start typing. Sorry for the upset.

No upset at all. Simply trying, in my simple ways, to help.

I believe we can edit the titles of our posts. Feel free to give it a try, at least for future reference.

Here's an ET thermal night pic. That's a person standing, drone at 40'. Ambient about 70F.

Thermal Pic1.JPG

Hi, newbie so sorry if this is a dumb question but where does the CGO-ET save thermal video...I have 3 folders in DCIM, 100MEDIA which is empty, 109CGOET where I can see the RGB video and both RGB and Thermal pictures and 110CGOET which is empty?

Hi, newbie so sorry if this is a dumb question but where does the CGO-ET save thermal video...I have 3 folders in DCIM, 100MEDIA which is empty, 109CGOET where I can see the RGB video and both RGB and Thermal pictures and 110CGOET which is empty?
The video file contain two video tracks. Both cameras record to the same mp4 file. It's easier to see and edit the IR video if you extract it from the mp4 file.
See this post: CGO-ET video file

Thanks, I've just installed kdenlive on windows....works perfectly (you have to add codecs before it'll work)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li