Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo-ET

Reaction score
Is the resolution of the Cgo ET good enough for doing roof inspections and solar panel inspection. Does it compare more to the Flir Duo or the Flir Vue?

Is the resolution of the Cgo ET good enough for doing roof inspections and solar panel inspection. Does it compare more to the Flir Duo or the Flir Vue?
Just do a search on Youtube for the CGO-ET camera. There are lots of test results on there. So far I'm liking this setup. If you are comparing prices remember this has two cameras; a low light cam and a thermal cam mounted on a very good 3 axis gimbal. It's important to move slowly when looking at roofs and solar panels to pinpoint areas of interest.

I haven't been able to find any info on the thermal image resolution of the Cgo ET

It depends on your use, I haven't seen any videos of it being used of roof or solar panel inspection and from what I just read on the 520 forum it's not even as good as the Flir Duo. Yuneec told someone on that forum that they are coming out with a better thermal camera the end of the year, but the price it rumored to be around $8000. Using a Fllir Duo with a Cgo 2 Gimbal( for a gopro) might work also

The specs on the Flir Duo and the -ET are both 160x120. In the test flight above you can clearly see the heat loss around the foundation where the snow has melted as well as the roof vents. Keep in mind this was all shot with auto settings by a guy who does not know how to optimize the camera for the proper temp range. I have seen a couple of videos of solar panel inspection in which a bad panel was identified rather quickly. I should have book marked the page.

Solar.jpeg Here is a shot of a solar panel array with 12 bad panels. Most likely a wiring problem from this pattern. Taken with a CGO-ET from about 30 feet.

I know with the video I've seen with the DJI camera you can Identify bad cells on a panel. Is this possible with the Cgo ET or is the DJI XT a higher res?

I know with the video I've seen with the DJI camera you can Identify bad cells on a panel. Is this possible with the Cgo ET or is the DJI XT a higher res?
Are you trying to compare a $1700 camera to a $8-10,000 camera?

Reactions: Dr Delta
I'm just trying to find out the least cost option to be able to get this job done

If you can fly 20-30' from the panels then you should get good results with the -ET. Much depends on how you edit in post. I prefer to edit side-by-side to maintain orientation.
The low light camera records at 30fps and the thermal at 8fps, so moving slowly helps with the video. I find video more useful than pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie