Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 App for Android - worked...now broke on Nexus 7 - SOLVED

I have... the one time I've tried using the setup, it was an average of 3 seconds video lag... so when
I was filming video, it was purely instinctual on previous video filming, not on what I was seeing.
Also when used outside, the screen is very dark when the exposure is set right. Need to rig up a
decent sunshade... I do have a mini-HDMI output from the tablet... if I got a mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI
cable I suppose I could try the Skyviews... but that length of a delay would be an issue with those.

In the quick test I did delay was less than 500ms, but it was only a quick test. I've had longer delays in past setups but i need to go fly this and see how it handles it.

In my setup with the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and the CGO3+, I don't have any noticeable lag. I'm sure there is some but not enough to be distracting.

I bought the Teclast P70 which works very well with the handle and the CGO3 + but ... the latency between the camera and the phone is much, much, too heavy ...

I have the Teclast P80, JMB, so I'm sure our experience is virtually the same... and yes, in many situations that 2-3 seconds
is enough to make the setup unusable. It would greatly depend on what you're trying to do. What I do not understand is
that this setup should not need to use wireless at all. With the configuration of the SteadyGrip, what is the distance for
a cable from the CGO3 to a phone/tablet... six inches? A wired connection should eliminate any lag, correct?

I coudn't get it to work on a new LG G6 phone. Found on web somewhere a suggestion to switch to airplane mode and then attach to network. That worked for me.

I bought from a Samsung tablet recommended higher and well ... the CGO3 + is recognized but the image appears a fraction of a second and the program closes!
I'm green!

If you go to this thread...

Issue with connecting CGO3 to my ipad

The solution is downloading the previous version of the APK file... what you want is version 0057, not 0062.
And in the Android settings for Playstore, disable auto-updating!

Send me your email addy in a conversation... I'll send you my copy.

sorry, I did not receive anything. My email address is the right one.

Tried sending from Yahoo, and it seems to error out. Uploaded to a file share site and re-sent...

I was able to download on Yuneec.com. Now, I have the picture control on the Samsung SM-T230 tablet, but, alas, as on Teclast P70, the lag between the camera and the display is abominable (8-10 seconds!).
Discouraged because I do not intend to buy a very high-end smartphone for this function alone.

Bought a second hand Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for handling the CGO-3 on steady grip. Works ok, indeed some lag but not much.
Cost me 50 euro and 23 euro for new battery.

:)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval