Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 Gimbal Drift

Reaction score
After a few days of completely uneventful flight with my new Q500 4K where everything has behaved as you'd expect, it seems that my CGO3 camera on my Q500 4K has developed an issue that results in the gimbal drifting a little over a few minutes (see attached, the aircraft was not moved between these images, and there's at most a 2kt wind);

gimbaldrift.jpg

Interestingly if you pan the view left and right (by yawing the whole aircraft obviously as the camera doesn't have pan) the angle becomes far more pronounced;

yaw_left.jpg

Any suggestions before I contact Yuneec support ?

You can't calibrate the CGO3 4K gimbal. Call Yuneec so you can send it in. This happens a lot and I can tell you your chances of getting that camera fixed is not very good. If I was you I would demand a brand new camera. Lots of posts about this problem and how Yuneec handles it....they don't

C-GO3 - Gimble tilt issue unresolved

Ah, I didn't see that thread originally (mis-spelled gimbal I guess means it didn't show up when searching) ... I've eMailed Yuneec, we'll see how that goes. Thanks.

(e2a - I know it's on another forum, I'm registered there too)

Ah, I didn't see that thread originally (mis-spelled gimbal I guess means it didn't show up when searching) ... I've eMailed Yuneec, we'll see how that goes. Thanks.

(e2a - I know it's on another forum, I'm registered there too)
Best to call them! emailing them is a waste of time !:rolleyes:

I've always preferred eMail as there's some sort of audit trail without having to trawl through and listen to phone calls... if I don't hear back from them today I'll give them a ring.

Shame, because one of the reasons I went with Yuneec is that I gathered they had a better reputation for customer service than DJI :/

I've been having this myself for sometime. Read several discussions about it suggesting pushing the camera rest. Some seem to think that the problem actually began before take off by starting out with the Q unleveled. I have never been able to tell myself. Has anyone actually gotten assistance from Yuneec with this problem?

They charged me $179 + shipping to repair gimbal and Gimbal board died a month after I got it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone