Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Issues

Reaction score
I posted about a month ago in reference to dropping my CGO3+ camera on a concrete floor. (Camera and gimbal only)
I put the link below. I took the shell off the camera, and found that the glue that held the lens in place, inside the barrel in which it rests, had broken and I thought it would probably be a fairly easy task, to get the camera back in focus. After trying for a long time, I could not remedy the problem. It would focus at about 6" in front of the camera, but not any further out. I took it apart tonight to investigate further and troubleshoot some more, but I didn't figure anything else out. I'm trying to see if I've shot myself in the foot here, with disconnecting everything that I have. (In the attached pictures). I'm at a loss here. Should I just buy the replacement "Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+ 115 Degree Lens" from Vertigo Drones, or did I screw myself by disconnecting the ribbon connection that attaches to the lens/board? Maybe I just need to bite the bullet, and send it in for repair? I'm usually pretty tech savvy. Having taken apart a lot of things in the past, repairing, then putting them back together. Laptops, Full Nintendo NES repairs, etc. This one may have me whipped....And I need to find the quickest, and cheapest solution.....
CGO3 Camera Won't Focus
b3d5bc746de71d279ad44a762ebea1ef.jpg
7897dbb0356b3748b3ebf4937277887a.jpg
b853390df6e64a1d0d58ca4967acdd28.jpg
26d804a5725ddad5456acf6fe70b8197.jpg
42398407039b744f6a3a1308641555a0.jpg
2edeebdf0e2c4cc9566bd5cef795edc7.jpg
e1a9aab1ee48610f257c52c6a57ef4a2.jpg
e541460831c00abebdb1dd0b47839b3d.jpg
a09908446cd4a5cbd845ab467428edef.jpg

If it were mine I would package everything up and get an RA number from Yuneec and send it in. The sensor board is very sensitive to dust. I understand the pro's remove the lens with the camera inside a plastic bag to prevent dust from getting into the lens barrel when changing lenses.
While I have not attempted to focus a CGO camera, I believe the O3+ is done by using the ST16 with a monitor or tv attached to the HDMI output. You also need a focusing target.

Reactions: Murray Martz
If it were mine I would package everything up and get an RA number from Yuneec and send it in. The sensor board is very sensitive to dust. I understand the pro's remove the lens with the camera inside a plastic bag to prevent dust from getting into the lens barrel when changing lenses.
While I have not attempted to focus a CGO camera, I believe the O3+ is done by using the ST16 with a monitor or tv attached to the HDMI output. You also need a focusing target.
And if the lens actually was separated from the camera body, it may have now been installed at a slight angle making it appear as though it is only in focus where it is now. You need to either clean off all of the glue, or find marks that line up. I'd clean it all and use a focus chart. But more than that, if you do have the budget for it, get a replacement one instead. Keep the old one and work on it over time to get it good or keep for parts.

I'm lucky to have screw thread lens focussing on mine. I cannot think how to focus a glued in only lens - someone on here must have fitted a better lens to one of these units?

If i were you just but the pixaero 3.77 lens. It comes with a new screw mount. Then. Put back together . The ribbon will slide back into slot. Just remove the tape and lift up the ribbon lock where it slides in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal