Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cgo3 not working with st10+ (not tilting)

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as the headers states, my cgo3 show picture and stabilizes records but does not tilt. I bought the q500 4k used, and did not know until after the purchase it had an issue, it was originally wrecked and had the wires ripped from board. I got the other cable and connected it everything worked just fine but won't tilt. It did not come with hand controller so I can't test it that way. I am wondering if anyone has done a voltage test on the connection from the drone itself to check connection? I really thought I was getting a working drone when bought, learned the hard way I guess. It was a good deal so I can't complain to much. I know some one has fixed this somehow without spending alot of money and sending in camera to yuneec. I love this drone, flies awesome and in windy conditions, and camera is just right for me until I master this drone, any help would be great!!!

I would try rebinding the whole thing. First create a new model and give it a name like Q502. Then go thru the binding process. Bind the Q500 first then select the camera type and then bind the camera.

I would try rebinding the whole thing. First create a new model and give it a name like Q502. Then go thru the binding process. Bind the Q500 first then select the camera type and then bind the camera.
I tried that, rebinding the drone and did a firmware update, and no success. I am wondering if I can check the extra wire for tilt from drones voltage or amperage.

I wonder if that would work for my problem of not wanting to record, just have a blinking green LED on camera, but video on controller and gimbal works fine.

I wonder if that would work for my problem of not wanting to record, just have a blinking green LED on camera, but video on controller and gimbal works fine.
If it doesn't work with a U3 card formatted as Fat32 then you can try the rebinding.

I tried that, rebinding the drone and did a firmware update, and no success. I am wondering if I can check the extra wire for tilt from drones voltage or amperage.
It could be a broken wire going to the gimbal. I think I have a picture of the wiring but I don't have time to find it right now. If you are using a camera with the contacts on the gimbal mount then I would use the external wire to connect the camera to the aircraft. If you are already using the external wire, then remove it and check continuity for each contact.

Look at the menu and make sure the tilt control on the remote is working. May need to reset the buttons so they are default

Go to flight settings center touch button. In there there is a menu to check the controller button calibration. Looks at the stick movements and button presses and the two sliders for speed and tilt. Make sure they are all working. I do a reset every couple weeks just to keep it all centered.

Go to flight settings center touch button. In there there is a menu to check the controller button calibration. Looks at the stick movements and button presses and the two sliders for speed and tilt. Make sure they are all working. I do a reset every couple weeks just to keep it all centered.
You can check every button, stick and slider in the Hardware monitor.

I have done everything above so far, I tore the gimbal apart and not seems out of place, all wires not broken and wired in right spots. I swear I am going to do a full break down on this and of the drone, as I need to replace body soon. It would be nice for us who really want to fix our drone.

FYI!!!!! Behind the SD card on camera are two very small buttons, one resets camera, it is the one to the left (outer edge of case) of arrow for sd card. I hope that I get this figured out, I need a smaller voltage meter to test connection on drone. to see if it's sending power for tilt to drone, and when I do, I will post this!!!

Reactions: Irula
I just got my new 4k a couple of days ago.
I had the same issue. Camera would only look forward.
After a couple of times rebinding the camera, all works well again.
I was a bit confused as I would bind and nothing changed.
Then I bound the camera and restarted.Everything worked after the restart of the box and drone.
My problem was I needed to restart after binding.
Good luck,
Jafo

Reactions: Steve Carr
I just got my new 4k a couple of days ago.
I had the same issue. Camera would only look forward.
After a couple of times rebinding the camera, all works well again.
I was a bit confused as I would bind and nothing changed.
Then I bound the camera and restarted.Everything worked after the restart of the box and drone.
My problem was I needed to restart after binding.
Good luck,
Jafo

What did you restart? the whole system or just the drone or the controller?

Good luck with fixing it... I've ordered a new board for my gimbal. My CG03 beeps and does not self right... BUT it was due to a crash that ripped out wires (total operator error lol)... even though I solder the wires back on... I think the board is wrecked.

Good luck with fixing it... I've ordered a new board for my gimbal. My CG03 beeps and does not self right... BUT it was due to a crash that ripped out wires (total operator error lol)... even though I solder the wires back on... I think the board is wrecked.
I thought my board was wrecked. I cleaned all the broken solder off and got the other cable through yuneec and got camera to work, once i got it going, it beeped and I noticed the yah board wires had fallen off, so I resoldered those and beeping stopped, I think I got gimple to work today, still haven't checked the recordings I did, but it was moving up and down, I think I needed to run it a few times and replace batteries until it did its proper bind on its own.
As far as resoldering the original wires on, it seems like a lot of people have had issues to fix it, I noticed vertigo drones will service it cheaper then yuneec will with a faster return time, hopefully this will help!!

I went to my local frys and purchased a steady cam with 4k gimbal, sits in the box about to take it back, it will not tilt either, it was an open box, and I think someone swapped out the gimbal and returned it, is this gimbal going to be an issue, you'd think for a 1,000 dollar drone this wouldn't be an issue, I guess that's why they stopped making them. Sending gimbal in tomorrow and getting fixed then selling I guess, I love the drone but the gimbal really makes it a machine I can't trust. I wish it just would work, how many people had their gimbal and camera working from the moment they got it and it just kept working and working, without issues??

Mine worked fantastic right out of the box. I had no issues with performance or operation of the drone. The issue of performance I did have was with myself and a rookie mistake that caused me to have to get another camera/gimbal unit.

Sorry you're having such an issue with yours. I hope you get it sorted out.

I went to my local frys and purchased a steady cam with 4k gimbal, sits in the box about to take it back, it will not tilt either, it was an open box, and I think someone swapped out the gimbal and returned it, is this gimbal going to be an issue, you'd think for a 1,000 dollar drone this wouldn't be an issue, I guess that's why they stopped making them. Sending gimbal in tomorrow and getting fixed then selling I guess, I love the drone but the gimbal really makes it a machine I can't trust. I wish it just would work, how many people had their gimbal and camera working from the moment they got it and it just kept working and working, without issues??
I think you're being a bit over critical of the camera and gimbal. After all, you did buy a used aircraft and it was damaged. Very few people have any problem with the camera and gimbal. In fact, the gimbal is one of the best in the industry. The reason they stopped making them is not because of the camera or gimbal. It's simply because technology moves very quickly in this industry and newer models come into the market every few months. If there were hundreds of bad gimbals this post would be flooded with ways to fix it.

I think you're being a bit over critical of the camera and gimbal. After all, you did buy a used aircraft and it was damaged. Very few people have any problem with the camera and gimbal. In fact, the gimbal is one of the best in the industry. The reason they stopped making them is not because of the camera or gimbal. It's simply because technology moves very quickly in this industry and newer models come into the market every few months. If there were hundreds of bad gimbals this post would be flooded with ways to fix it.

On all the sites with help, everyone has to send their gimbal in, which I just did, and I think it's frustrating that it shouldnt be so complicated, Don't get me wrong, I wanted this drone since day one, and very happy I got it, it just sucks that the gimbal is it's weak spot, I hope yuneec fixes that in the future, and fixes it right!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval