Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Stock Camera Mod

I would like to Chime in Since the 3.97 Footage used from FPVGUY is from My Camera.. I will give my Final review on the Peau Production 3.97 lens for the H since I was the First to own it..... But first let me Lunch

When did you get yours? I got my Peau lens 5/15 of this year

Reactions: Jussaguy
I just found out that the 8.25 won't be available until October. I was confused and I am on a line of people, it is back ordered so if you are interested (along with me) in getting the 8.25, you're going to have to wait until some time in early October I think.

E-mail them directly at [email protected] if you want to find out or go snoop around their site at www.peauproductions.com ... It's a fun site to snoop around, espcially if you have a fleet, as they have some interesting solutions over there. Ok, must work.

Happy flying everyone!

After reading this blog, and checking out both the Peau Productions, & Carolina Dronz websites, I'm considering the idea of not only swapping the lens on my current CGO3+, but also the idea of purchasing a second CGO3+ and having that lens swapped. This way, I'd have two CGO3+ cameras...one with the 3.97mm lens (almost equivalent to the stock lens' focal length & field of view), and one with the 8.25mm lens (41 degree field of view). It might be considered by some to be an expensive way to go, but, considering the CGO3+ doesn't have interchangeable lenses, this could be considered the next best possibility.

Since I already have a SteadyGrip, how I thinking about this is to purchase a SteadyCam (ie. SteadyGrip with CGO3+ included). Then, I'd be able to simultaneously do aerial & ground-based footage...or, if I so chose, two ground-based cameras, with different focal lengths. "Changing lenses" on the Typhoon H would be as simple as swapping CGO3+ cameras/gimbals. If Peau Productions ever came out with an ultra-wide angle lens for the Typhoon H (say, something similar to their 1.21mm f/2.0 220d HFOV 16MP lens), which would be fantastic for straight-down shots, then that could potentially be considered a good reason to purchase a third CGO3+. Not saying I'd do that, as the final cost would be getting up there...but it would be worth considering.

After reading this blog, and checking out both the Peau Productions, & Carolina Dronz websites, I'm considering the idea of not only swapping the lens on my current CGO3+, but also the idea of purchasing a second CGO3+ and having that lens swapped. This way, I'd have two CGO3+ cameras...one with the 3.97mm lens (almost equivalent to the stock lens' focal length & field of view), and one with the 8.25mm lens (41 degree field of view). It might be considered by some to be an expensive way to go, but, considering the CGO3+ doesn't have interchangeable lenses, this could be considered the next best possibility.

Since I already have a SteadyGrip, how I thinking about this is to purchase a SteadyCam (ie. SteadyGrip with CGO3+ included). Then, I'd be able to simultaneously do aerial & ground-based footage...or, if I so chose, two ground-based cameras, with different focal lengths. "Changing lenses" on the Typhoon H would be as simple as swapping CGO3+ cameras/gimbals. If Peau Productions ever came out with an ultra-wide angle lens for the Typhoon H (say, something similar to their 1.21mm f/2.0 220d HFOV 16MP lens), which would be fantastic for straight-down shots, then that could potentially be considered a good reason to purchase a third CGO3+. Not saying I'd do that, as the final cost would be getting up there...but it would be worth considering.
Getting into inspire x5 territory there, and would be vastly superior pics and video.

I believe Jorge is alsey7[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

That would make some sense. :)
@Panther6834 I agree completely. I have been thinking of the H in much the same way since the first time I slipped the camera off. I didn't know in what form those cameras would be but there is a HUGE market for it if it's possible to use different cameras with different bit rates and sizes, different focal lengths, etc, much like the Inspire. I am on board with your thought process.

Reactions: Panther6834

Skip all of that pain and just get an inspire with an X5 or X5r. with the X5 you get a superior camera with higher bitrates and a bigger sensor that uses decent interchangeable lenses that actually have an aperture and you can focus inflight. The H is NOT a production machine no matter what all the fanboys say and Yuneec claims

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Skip all of that pain and just get an inspire with an X5 or X5r. with the X5 you get a superior camera with higher bitrates and a bigger sensor that uses decent interchangeable lenses that actually have an aperture and you can focus inflight. The H is NOT a production machine no matter what all the fanboys say and Yuneec claims
Check. I have an Inspire with an X5 and have been itchy on the trigger for an x5r. I am deciding if I want to get the M600 instead. In theory, a different camera on the H could also have adjustable aperture couldn't it? I don't claim to know much about how the hardware is built. My partner that co-owns my company is the one for all that. Is it not possible to have a camera with different bit rates, different lens that could in theory be controlled by something?

Check. I have an Inspire with an X5 and have been itchy on the trigger for an x5r. I am deciding if I want to get the M600 instead. In theory, a different camera on the H could also have adjustable aperture couldn't it? I don't claim to know much about how the hardware is built. My partner that co-owns my company is the one for all that. Is it not possible to have a camera with different bit rates, different lens that could in theory be controlled by something?

not in the yuneec system unless you get the CGO4 and even that camera is a mess. Yuneec is a closed system targeted at hobbyist not professionals like the original advertised and led people to believe

one issue remains, is that the lens barrel on the pro is 13mm ID and the thread is 12mm OD. When you snap the glue, the lens falls out. The mount is necessary. It looked like a cheap change from the 500 4k camera. I feel (opinion only) that when originally focused, they focused on 2 feet rather than 2 M???

I am looking at the same setup. I have alrady ordered a CGO3+ with the 8.25 fitted and if I am hapy with that will buy the 3.97mm lens for my original camera or if something in the rabge of 5mm comes out by then I would consider that.
I ordered early September and was a surprised to be told it would be October befire despatch as I did not see that note on the ordering page that I was later directed to. Still, October is nearly here though it could be a long month ;)

one issue remains, is that the lens barrel on the pro is 13mm ID and the thread is 12mm OD. When you snap the glue, the lens falls out. The mount is necessary. It looked like a cheap change from the 500 4k camera. I feel (opinion only) that when originally focused, they focused on 2 feet rather than 2 M???
Yes mine is focosed very close

I look forward to seing your results as I am thinking of getting the 8.25. Nice forward looking shots not never ending 360 pans (that most do for some reason) would be nice.:)
+1, but if the landscape has no obvious POI, sometimes a 360 is all you can do!:)

Can you say bayonet mount? This begs for a solution that allows screw in w/o the need for refocus. You can have any lens prefocused for the bayonet mount to get various zoom ratios from .25x to 4x. I've ordered the 8.25 (2x) for my normal use, but may come up with ability to use normal lens also?? I'm sure someone other then me can fire up their fancy CNC lathe and push these out. (mine is manual).
fly well my friends

I look forward to seing your results as I am thinking of getting the 8.25. Nice forward looking shots not never ending 360 pans (that most do for some reason) would be nice.:)
Yeh me too, I just hope it arrives in the not too distant future and if I am one of the first I will post a few images.

+1, but if the landscape has no obvious POI, sometimes a 360 is all you can do!:)

Ahh but as in any other form of photography you have to find the interesting composition

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss