Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Stock Camera Mod

here we have old CGO3 lens +sensor CGO3 Camera Is just a high priced security camera

and here we have CGO3+ lens+sensor at 7:29min

looks like yuneec was start putting old lens+sensors from CGO3 to CGO3+ cam in Typhoon H as ppl reporting glued lens without thread :)
That high priced security camera is just a bogus understanding of what that person that wrote that post is looking at. The sensors in the H are virtually identical to those in the X3 and Phantom 4 (which is essentially the X3). Read some of the responses from people that know what they are talking about when it comes to camera in that very thread. It's amazing how one person can post something and that it has had legs since before the H was even released and it's rubbish.

virtually.... becouse no where i see the datasheet about CGO3+ sensor .... on CGO3 is mark on pcb board that sensor is IMX177 and this is not Latest one :) so when its same in CGO3+ .....
its need to be remove lensholder and check under microscope :) what lens is inside

as per Yuneec Technology Co., Limited FCC ID Applications (2ACS5) there not exist something like CGO3+ its normal CGO3 + 360° gimbal

for me looks like :
yuneec release CGO3+ -we need improve camera focus - ok we will mount lens holder with thread and we can refocus properly lens.

after some time they realised plenty old boards with not refocusable lens left ( CGO3)

they start fitting it to CGO3+

Last edited:
Just to bore you all another Pixaero example ( you tube), (not colour matched just levels adjusted)

Just to bore you all another Pixaero example ( you tube), (not colour matched just levels adjusted)

Nice shot! Question on the video and the CGO3+ with or without this mod. It seems the CGO3 struggles with contrast relative to frame rates when working in darker environments, is that a true statement? I've been able to clean up framerate issues in post production before, but what I'm seeing in this video and a few others it would be pushing my comfort zone as usable footage.

Hi my problem is that the 3,97 mm Peau Lens make a blurry picture at the left side. Yet I have devlivered a new mount from Peau for the lens and CGO3+ . I dont found an instruction how can i change the mount?
Have anyone more information or a instruction-video?

After refocusing the lens on my Typhoon H Advanced, I am pretty pleased with the results. Apart from editing the footage together and adding music, ND4 Filter used, The video is how it came out of the camera. No sharpening, No Colour Correction.

Think the H like most small sensor cameras / drones has limited dynamic range so struggles on low/highlights. It is difficult to get a good manual setting that is good for both ( well I do)

Reactions: Brent
After refocusing the lens on my Typhoon H Advanced, I am pretty pleased with the results. Apart from editing the footage together and adding music, ND4 Filter used, The video is how it came out of the camera. No sharpening, No Colour Correction.

Looks good

Reactions: Kev Waite

From my phone at least, that looks boss!

Did you add any edge effects because the clouds look almost like they are tunneling in, in a good way. Also, is that ND filter polarizing because you have nice separating and saturation of both the grass and the blue sky and white clouds?

What frame rate and shutter speed did you manage with that ND4?

My guess would be with just an ND4 that you had to have a quick shutter but from my phone at least, it looks smooth and silky.

Reactions: Kev Waite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio